X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
    Awesome 30 registered now for the Chick Flick, and we now have a Grandmasters division with Ma Horning signed up

http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=10094

Way cool. Still not definite, but I think I'm coming -- how old for Grandmasters? (I'm 56.)
    -Sue Currie

Comment

Originally posted by Another Primate View Post
      Way cool. Still not definite, but I think I'm coming -- how old for Grandmasters? (I'm 56.)
      -Sue Currie
      you're in girl... grandmasters is 50+

peace,
      emmarose
      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

-Sue Currie
        50+, but if you have been playing awhile and want a little more competition you might want to join the masters field. The Grandmasters will be on the shorter Highland course, and Ma is a super beginner. Plus the grandmasters will only be playing for a trophy where the masters will be playing for trophy and script from Next Adventure. Either way we really hope you can make it.

Cindy
        Last edited by LegoRules; July 13th, 2010, 03:13 PM.
        Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
        2013 Chick Flick co-TD
        Stumptown #176
        PDGA #37716

Comment

-Sue Currie
          Sue I hope you can make it. It would be great to see some of the Southern ladies we only get to see at Whistler's

Comment

I was reading up on the pdga rules since I've never been in a tournament before, kept score, or followed any set rules when playing for that matter. I was wondering though if it's true that I have to take a rules quiz? It said for any national tour event so I'm thinking this probably isn't but i wanted to make sure on that.

Comment

Originally posted by ArlettaQ View Post
              I was reading up on the pdga rules since I've never been in a tournament before, kept score, or followed any set rules when playing for that matter. I was wondering though if it's true that I have to take a rules quiz? It said for any national tour event so I'm thinking this probably isn't but i wanted to make sure on that.
              The rules proficiency exam is only for pros playing in National Tour events I do believe. You don't have to take any test to play in the Chick Flick.

Cindy
              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
              Stumptown #176
              PDGA #37716

Comment

The rules proficiency test is required to play in any NT event. It is not required for anything else, but it's not a bad idea to be proficient in the rules.

Comment

Look at all the cute little KEEN sandals. Sign up for the Chick Flick, and you will get one of these really awesome KEEN keychains in your players pack plus a really cool KEEN sticker. Also there are four KEEN discs for prizes, and three pairs of free KEEN shoes for our raffle. Not to mention all the schwag Next Adventure is kicking in for us t-shirt with full color graphic, aluminum black water bottle with color graphic plus lots more.

Cindy
                  2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                  Stumptown #176
                  PDGA #37716

Comment

...i'm really glad that you have decided to play in this event, arletta, and that you seem really ready to take your game to the next level... part of the beauty of this sport lies within the rules and the etiquette and for you to get to meet folk who have been playing for sometime and start to learn the rules and such in a really laidback, casual environment i think is simply going to increase your enjoyment of this amazing thing called golf...

...looking forward to meeting you soon soon soon, girl!!!

peace threw disc golf,
                    emmarose
                    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                      ...i'm really glad that you have decided to play in this event, arletta, and that you seem really ready to take your game to the next level... part of the beauty of this sport lies within the rules and the etiquette and for you to get to meet folk who have been playing for sometime and start to learn the rules and such in a really laidback, casual environment i think is simply going to increase your enjoyment of this amazing thing called golf...

...looking forward to meeting you soon soon soon, girl!!!

peace threw disc golf,
                      emmarose
                      Thanks chica! My friend and I just love the game so much and play atleast once a week, but we're so evenly matched I often think we're not improving as much as we should be since we're not playing people better than us. I'm hoping this can change that I'm really looking forward to this and meeting you and everyone else

Comment

Lego, my disc golf partner Heather registered last night and I see she's been added to the registered player list. Unfortunatly her last name is slightly incorrect and I was wondering if that could be fixed? Her last name is listed as Bil Yeu but it should be Bilyeu. Any assistance would be appreciated so much, thx!

Comment

Lego, my disc golf partner Heather registered last night and I see she's been added to the registered player list. Unfortunatly her last name is slightly incorrect and I was wondering if that could be fixed? Her last name is listed as Bil Yeu but it should be Bilyeu. Any assistance would be appreciated so much, thx!
                          Done

http://www.pdga.com/tournament-resul...4#Open%20Women
                          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                          Stumptown #176
                          PDGA #37716

Comment

lmao, don't mean to be a bother, but when you changed it you switched the e and the u. Now it says Bilyue but it should be Bilyeu. She also pointed out that it's listed on http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...egistrationand spelled with the space there as well. She just wants to make sure that on all her registrantions or trophys or whatever that it's correct. Nothing like getting a trophy with your name spelled wrong ya know? lol (I speak from experience. I have a bowling trophy spelled Arletto Quadro)

Comment

lmao, don't mean to be a bother, but when you changed it you switched the e and the u. Now it says Bilyue but it should be Bilyeu. She also pointed out that it's listed on http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...egistrationand spelled with the space there as well. She just wants to make sure that on all her registrantions or trophys or whatever that it's correct. Nothing like getting a trophy with your name spelled wrong ya know? lol (I speak from experience. I have a bowling trophy spelled Arletto Quadro)
                              K no problem I will make the changes. The trophies will not have names on them, but the bag tags we are making will.

Cindy
                              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                              Stumptown #176
                              PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                                K no problem I will make the changes. The trophies will not have names on them, but the bag tags we are making will.

Cindy
                                Awesome, thanks so much! We really appreciate that. And way cool on the bag tags!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X