X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
    what kind of scores are you putting up? do you play the canyon course or only on the highlands? can you hang at meadow ridge?

i would guess if you've been playing about a year you should play intermediate, but maybe advanced... also search around on the pdga website, they have a guide of sorts that tells you what divisions to play in... i can tell you that masters is for folks aged 40+ and grandmasters is for folks aged 50+... open is another way of saying pro ... hopefully that helps... give us a little more info and maybe we can help a little bit more!

peace threw disc golf,
    emmarose
    The first time we went we played the canyon course and every time since we/ve played meadow. I've never actually played highland because it's so short and we go to hornings for the big courses. We've never kept score at hornings so I can't tell you that, but we usually go to orchard and we often make par on most of the holes but not always, and birdies are rare and always a surprise. Aces are not even in the picture lol

Comment

Originally posted by ArlettaQ View Post
      The first time we went we played the canyon course and every time since we/ve played meadow. I've never actually played highland because it's so short and we go to hornings for the big courses. We've never kept score at hornings so I can't tell you that, but we usually go to orchard and we often make par on most of the holes but not always, and birdies are rare and always a surprise. Aces are not even in the picture lol

Great info Emma. I would say you guys are more of intermediate payers for sure. We look forward to seeing you guys out there for sure

Cindy
      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

chick flick question

hey, my wife really wants to play this tourney but we are wondering if it would be to much to camp with our 3 y\o daughter? We both have never played in a tournament and we have no idea if it would be too much. Also we are trying to figure out the paticipant waiver agreement we are not seeing a link to it what is it that we need to agree to? ty
        The Frisbee is the mirror to the soul.

-M. Burns

Comment

Alright, I'm all paid and registered. I'll be anxiously awaiting next months arrival. So do we know which course we'll be playing on?

Comment

Alright, I'm all paid and registered. I'll be anxiously awaiting next months arrival. So do we know which course we'll be playing on?

Awesome. Intermediates will be playing the two tournament rounds on Sunday on the Canyon course. Everyone will be playing a causual fun round on the Canyon course on Saturday afternoon after lunch. We will be sending out a schedual closer to the event as well as posting here on the forum, and our facebook & disc golf scene pages.

Cindy
            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
            Stumptown #176
            PDGA #37716

Comment

Sent this out in an email a while back in response to some concern about the PDGA fees. I figure I should post it here as well.

We want to make sure that the $5 PDGA/insurance fee isn't a barrier for anyone who wants to attend. If it is, please contact myself or Cindy. This will be kept confidential.

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                Awesome. Intermediates will be playing the two tournament rounds on Sunday on the Canyon course. Everyone will be playing a causual fun round on the Canyon course on Saturday afternoon after lunch. We will be sending out a schedual closer to the event as well as posting here on the forum, and our facebook & disc golf scene pages.

Cindy
                Awesome! My disc golf partner should be registering here in the next week or so. We're both really looking forward to seeing other women play as we haven't had a chance to before. I just wish we could camp both nights but we both work late Friday so will have to arrive very early Saturday. This is going to be a lot of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by grant View Post
                  hey, my wife really wants to play this tourney but we are wondering if it would be to much to camp with our 3 y\o daughter? We both have never played in a tournament and we have no idea if it would be too much. Also we are trying to figure out the paticipant waiver agreement we are not seeing a link to it what is it that we need to agree to? ty
                  if you are there to take care of the kiddo and let your wife play and your kiddo is cool with that (that mom is busy) and you guys are confident that the kiddo is cool to camp then it should not be too much... horning's is a great place for families and between the mass amounts of people, the peacocks, the pond and ducks and stuff and the little playground and the vast expanses to run in your daughter should have a great time... but mom's gonna need to be able to focus worry free on the tournament in order for all of you to have the best time possible... make it happen for her, dude!

peace threw disc golf,
                  emmarose

p.s. sorry, i don't know anything about a participant waiver agreement... maybe it's saying you won't sue if your kid gets eaten by a peacock?
                  "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                  Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

and you inspired me, too, arletta! thanks, girl! i am paid up and registered as well!!!

woot!

peace,
                    em

Comment

and you inspired me, too, arletta! thanks, girl! i am paid up and registered as well!!!

woot!

peace,
                      em
                      Awesome ladies Emma makes 25 one quarter of the way to the century mark. Keep them coming in ladies.

Here is a link to who is signed up so far:

http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=10094

Cindy
                      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                      Stumptown #176
                      PDGA #37716

Comment

woot!

peace,
                        em
                        If I can inspire just one woman then I've done my job! Emma, I checked out your pdga stats and I'm so glad you're competing in the Open. It showed you as undefeated in the tournaments listed and I have to say I'm a little intimidated right now All the women who have pdga stats are good, like real good I wanted to see the people I would be competing againtst, but now I'm kinda glad none of them have pdga stats, this way I still fell like I have a chance

Comment

Check out the awesome trophies we are having custom made. Celeste's friend Abe is making these for us. The smaller round is actually bamboo, and the detail is amazing. The final finished ones will have black plates, and the back pieces of wood will be a larger diameter.

Cindy
                          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                          Stumptown #176
                          PDGA #37716

Comment

great lookin' trophies... i was hopin' to be battlin' for another suchocki trophy, but these are gorgeous in their own right... and will look gooooood next to one of those sparkly glass baskets... this chick flick just keeps gettin' better and better all the time girls... it's going to be a tough one to wait for...

peace,
                            emmarose

Comment

YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

I'm signed up----yipppppeeeeee............

We need more girls--------come on and sign up.
                              PDGA President

Comment

Awesome 30 registered now for the Chick Flick, and we now have a Grandmasters division with Ma Horning signed up

http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=10094
                                2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                                Stumptown #176
                                PDGA #37716

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X