X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November Chick Flick

Hey gals the chick's who attended the October Chick Flick decided that November's Chick Flick will be Sunday November 15th a Leverich Park in Vancouver. We will meet at noon, so people can eat lunch before the rounds then for those who wish too can go out and grab some dinner together somewhere. If any guys wish to accompany their chicks they can play their round maybe starting on 11 by the lower parking lot, and then for those who wish to can play a 2nd mixed doubles round, or another chick round.

See ya there hopefully unless I have to work

Cindy
    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
    Stumptown #176
    PDGA #37716

I should be able to make this one.

Comment

How far from Portland is this? My girlfriend and I will be in Portland for the weekend, perhaps this event would strike her interest.

Comment

Just across the river from Portland into Vancouver.. less than 5 miles up I-5! I would go for it.. encourage her to join up.. Lots of cool gals that play and very supportive!
        Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
        DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

I'd like to be there, as long as the weather isn't too bad. I still haven't figured out playing in the rain yet.

Comment

Playing in the rain isn't too bad. I wear thin leather gloves. I can still throw wearing them without too much trouble. Then you need handwarmers and outerwear that is waterproof (or at least water resistant). And have spare dry towels. Pretty easy to play in the rain...it's playing in the wind that's hard.

Comment

I have to work now, so no Chick Flick for me this month

Cindy
              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
              Stumptown #176
              PDGA #37716

Comment

Bummer, Cindy! You'll be missed!

Comment

Originally posted by ptld2001 View Post
                  I'd like to be there, as long as the weather isn't too bad. I still haven't figured out playing in the rain yet.
                  I recently started using a sham-wow (available at target) and am loving it! Before that I would go thru up to 4 towels per round depending on how hard it was raining, and the sham-wow has lasted a full round thru all kinds of rain... with the exception of the round I played this past Saturday at pier park... but, that was just a little bit ridiculous... fun, but ridiculous... don't let the rain keep you from a round of golf (especially cause we live in Oregon!)

peace threw disc golf,
                  emmarose
                  "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                  Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Thanks for the ideas! I guess I'm a little concerned about the footing at Leverich, especially on holes like 11. What do you do, trying to throw up a slippery slope like that? I guess I haven't tried golfing in hiking boots, or shoes with a heavy lug. It was a little slick last time I played when it was just damp, and not actively raining, so I was concerned about how it gets when it's muddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ptld2001 View Post
                      Thanks for the ideas! I guess I'm a little concerned about the footing at Leverich, especially on holes like 11. What do you do, trying to throw up a slippery slope like that? I guess I haven't tried golfing in hiking boots, or shoes with a heavy lug. It was a little slick last time I played when it was just damp, and not actively raining, so I was concerned about how it gets when it's muddy.
                      I don't know how much of a run up you have, I have a fairly normal two step grapevine type one and in super slippery conditions, I just throw without taking any steps... also, proper shoes are definitely key... I recommend good gore tex trail runners for spring/summer golf, chakkos if you must wear sandals in the hot weather, a good pair of hiking boots, and in the winter months I have a very comfortable, cushy pair of Sorel's that I adore... I don't recommend straight up rubber boots because of the weight factor... they're too heavy... over the 12 years I've been golfing, I have really noticed that proper footwear with good support decreases the symptoms of fatigue throughout my body... also having the dual straps for the golf bag makes a truly noticeable difference... especially if you're like me and have a full day,s worth of stuff and things and plenty of beverages and snacks that besides your discs you pack around in your bag... good luck and good golfing!

peace threw disc golf,
                      emmarose

Comment

One more thing... I just have to lower my expectations for how I'm going to score in really inclement weather... bad footing, wet discs and hands, bulky clothing... all these things decrease your efficiency and performance...

Comment

Bump. I do have to work, so I will have to miss this one

Cindy

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                          Hey gals the chick's who attended the October Chick Flick decided that November's Chick Flick will be Sunday November 15th a Leverich Park in Vancouver. We will meet at noon, so people can eat lunch before the rounds then for those who wish too can go out and grab some dinner together somewhere. If any guys wish to accompany their chicks they can play their round maybe starting on 11 by the lower parking lot, and then for those who wish to can play a 2nd mixed doubles round, or another chick round.

See ya there hopefully unless I have to work

Cindy
                          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                          Stumptown #176
                          PDGA #37716

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X