X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
    Hey props to Toni Hoyman for getting an ace on regular 17 at the doubles tournament at Whistler's Bend this past weekend. Word on the street is that this was her first ace.

Cindy
    If I remember correctly (only been once since I live 45 minutes North of Seattle) but isn't that hole like 430 feet? I can only dream of throwing that far but to get an ace of that distance is incredible, way to go!!
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
      If I remember correctly (only been once since I live 45 minutes North of Seattle) but isn't that hole like 430 feet? I can only dream of throwing that far but to get an ace of that distance is incredible, way to go!!

I think 17 is the one that goes down towards the river? The same one Suzie Q got at the 2009 GNO right. Not sure of the distance, but probably 250ish?

Cindy
      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

I think you're thinking of #16. 17 is shorter, but tucked down behind a little hill, blind from the teepad (I'm guessing that's the regular 17, at least.). Fully legit ace to get though, I'd be stoked about it for sure.
        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          I think you're thinking of #16. 17 is shorter, but tucked down behind a little hill, blind from the teepad (I'm guessing that's the regular 17, at least.). Fully legit ace to get though, I'd be stoked about it for sure.
          OHHHHHH

Still a cool ace though!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

These last 7 days...

A crazy week. I had 4 friends throw 5 aces on 3 courses ( I witnessed 2 of them). 2 of the aces were on the same pin, only different pads. They nearly were consectutive days, 1 day in between without an ace.
            "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
            PDGA # 42821
            Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolly View Post
              A crazy week. I had 4 friends throw 5 aces on 3 courses ( I witnessed 2 of them). 2 of the aces were on the same pin, only different pads. They nearly were consectutive days, 1 day in between without an ace.
              Women?
              Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
              Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Yay, Jet!!

And Yay, Toni!

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post
                  Women?
                  Of course not
                  Read this ^

Comment

And now we see the confusion caused when two threads exist for the same topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      And now we see the confusion caused when two threads exist for the same topic.
                      I would think that clicking the forum that says "Women's Disc Golf" and then the topic thread in that forum that says "ACES!! (Women's Disc Golf)" you would know exactly where you are, but then again we are talking about disc golfers...

AKA Hey Rolly post that in the CORRECT FORUM BUD!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                        I would think that clicking the forum that says "Women's Disc Golf" and then the topic thread in that forum that says "ACES!! (Women's Disc Golf)" you would know exactly where you are, but then again we are talking about disc golfers...

AKA Hey Rolly post that in the CORRECT FORUM BUD!
                        You would think.

But I suspect that many people simply click the New Posts link. When you do that, the forum you are posting in isn't as clear.

Comment

I'll post for Sheila since she never gets on here but has 2 aces this month! She aced hole #12 out at the Mount Adams Lodge, a really nice spike hyzer Teebird (~210' I think?) and then beat our carload of guys to be the first to ace the super short hole at the Cedar Arms tournament.
                          'Weekend 4 Women':
                          Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                          Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                            I'll post for Sheila since she never gets on here but has 2 aces this month! She aced hole #12 out at the Mount Adams Lodge, a really nice spike hyzer Teebird (~210' I think?) and then beat our carload of guys to be the first to ace the super short hole at the Cedar Arms tournament.
                            yay, sheila!!!

that shorty at the cedar arms is the only basket i've ever aced in my whole disc golfin' career... and speaking of the cedar arms, i can't believe i missed it with baskets... that's my home away from home!!! glad so many people got to enjoy it's magic!

peace threw disc golf,
                            emmarose
                            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Yes Sheila is awesome; it's pretty much the only reason I hang with you Andrew.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Awesome!! I really think she needs to bring those ace skills to the Chick Flick in August, so she can go for the $250 Next Adventure gift certificate ace pot.

Cindy
                                Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                                2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                                Stumptown #176
                                PDGA #37716

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X