X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Chick Flick is a SUCCESS!!!!

Please post any thoughts here about what you thought about the tournament and anything you'd like to share that happened while you were there. Also, there is a Chick Flick site in Facebook, should you have a page in that particular website.
    Thanks to EVERYbody!!! I had a royal BLAST! I'm worn out, but it was worth it!!
    Last edited by discrazy55; August 3rd, 2009, 01:13 PM.

I received this from a friend of mine this morning:
    "I had so much fun, the great thing was I learned a ton of information, got to improve skills and I am still trying to figure out the over and under stable??? My scores improved from 81, to 79 to 76 and in time I would like to knock off 20. I am interested in doing some open tournaments. Keep posted on some good ones coming up. I had a real risky throw from hole 6. It went over the cliff, so I climbed down and tossed it up right behind a tree close to the hole and pared it on three. I was thrilled.....I played intermediate so I didn't win anything, but I learned more than I would have playing rec with beginners. I really like Carrie and Celestie. I am thinking it would be fun to play on Tuesdays. It sure couldn't hurt."
    Yeah, I'd call that a pretty good success.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      I received this from a friend of mine this morning:
      "I had so much fun, the great thing was I learned a ton of information, got to improve skills and I am still trying to figure out the over and under stable??? My scores improved from 81, to 79 to 76 and in time I would like to knock off 20. I am interested in doing some open tournaments. Keep posted on some good ones coming up. I had a real risky throw from hole 6. It went over the cliff, so I climbed down and tossed it up right behind a tree close to the hole and pared it on three. I was thrilled.....I played intermediate so I didn't win anything, but I learned more than I would have playing rec with beginners. I really like Carrie and Celestie. I am thinking it would be fun to play on Tuesdays. It sure couldn't hurt."
      Yeah, I'd call that a pretty good success.
      That is exactly what what one of our main goals for the Chick Flick is Thanks so much Scott for posting that it's nice to hear the feedback

Cindy
      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

Caddies had a great time too!

My husband, Randy had a great time caddying, and made me promise we could go back, so HE could play the courses before the end of the season. I think he's just annoyed because I've played a course he hasn't!!! He shagged discs for the rollers session, and on Sunday evening, insisted on trying some. He'd never successfully thrown a roller or a forehand before. Seemingly by osmosis, (maybe some of the knowledge stuck to the discs?), he was able to throw them both pretty well, and can't wait to try them out on a course.

Comment

Chick Flick 2009 Pictures

Comment

The Chick Flick rocks!!

The Cock Flock were awesome...especially, the best caddie winner, Fred caddied for me at last mintues notice when my man had to leave to pick my son up.

The raffle prizes and trophies are totally RAD!!

The best highlight was seeing Ma Horning playing!!

Most of all, thanks to my good friend, Crystal doing her part to interprete much as she can!!

Thanks to Next Adventure, the Hornings, and the sponsors!!

Carie and Chick Flick committee really did a great job, and the tournament went very well!!

How about getting a top pro lady to come and teach next Chick Flick clinic?
            PDGA 38506
            ODDGA 27
            DDGA 176
            2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

Originally posted by LadyBuzzz View Post
              The Chick Flick rocks!!

The Cock Flock were awesome...especially, the best caddie winner, Fred caddied for me at last mintues notice when my man had to leave to pick my son up.

The raffle prizes and trophies are totally RAD!!

The best highlight was seeing Ma Horning playing!!

Most of all, thanks to my good friend, Crystal doing her part to interprete much as she can!!

Thanks to Next Adventure, the Hornings, and the sponsors!!

Carie and Chick Flick committee really did a great job, and the tournament went very well!!

How about getting a top pro lady to come and teach next Chick Flick clinic?

I have to agree.. two of the biggest highlight for me was seeing Fred again! (I adore that guy.. he was such a wonderful person back in May...) & MOMMA HORNING PLAYING 18 HOLES OF THE CANYON COURSE!!!
              My most favorite part of the day? I enjoyed the interactions and the lessons!
              -- At least I tried to do what I could to make things easier for us and our boys! Deaf Disc Golfing Pride!
              Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
              DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed the entire event. I REALLY enjoyed being an instructor for one of the clinics. I wasn't sure how it was going to go, but I had a blast with it and would love to do it again.
                I was honoured to be Ma Horning's caddy on Saturday, so much fun.
                Let's see...what else...getting to witness and caddy for Chris when she shot a 58 the first round on Sunday, then getting to watch Jamie blow the course up for a 53 the next round was pretty awe inspiring.

Also, I was really excited to see so many people that I've never met before. So many new faces, most of them ladies, it was really inspiring for me.

To finish it off, after the event was over I was taking a lost disc up to the house and while I was up there chatting with Ma a huge bald eagle started circling the pond. After a couple circles it gently went down to the water's surface and pulled a trout out, then flew off to the north, it was a perfect ending for my weekend.

Thanks ladies, for allowing me to be there!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X