Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Flock Schedule for Saturday/Sunday

Good morning all,

So here's a pretty tentative Flock schedule for the day.

8:45 Flock meeting/ greeting

From 9:00 to noon.
    --We will need help placing t-signs and doing a few other chores around the course. This shouldn't take long. However, if it's not your thing you can go and play. No big deal. We won't deflock you or anything. So basically this time is pretty free. Go check out the new course and have fun. But at least come see what you can do to help out before going to play.

1:30 Flock meeting
    We need caddies, spotters, guides, and beer runners stationed around the course. Our goal is to have at least one caddy with each group and spotters on various holes. I'll pass out assignments at this time. If you have a particular person you want to caddy for, let me know. Otherwise, we will be mixing up caddies and players for this round.

Don't forget to wear your costume (if your wearing one. The women will be judging costumes during this casual round.)

5:00 raffle, fun, games, drinking, mayhem. Winner of costume contest is announced.

9:00 Glow round meeting, Hole 1 Highlands course. We will be flipping for partners.

9:30 glow round begins. The awards for this will be on Sunday.

Sunday 8am -- Flock meeting/get assignments. Will still need spotters, guides, beer runners, and caddies. Let me know your preferences (where you want to help out) and I will try to accommodate them.

I posted the Chick's schedule below so you can see how it coincides with The Flocks schedule.

PM me with any questions. Please don't PM me your preferences. Just let me know them on Saturday when you see me.

FLOCK ON!!!!

John

Here is the Chick Flick schedule of the day:
    Saturday:
    7:30-8:15 Check in
    8:30 Player's Meeting
    8:45 Clinic #1
    9:40 Clinic #2
    10:35 Clinic #3
    11:30 Clniic #4
    Noon lunch
    1:30 Player's Meeting
    1:45 Casual Round starts
    5:00 Raffle and fun games
    At dusk: Glow round for the Flock

Sunday
    8:00 Player's meeting
    8:30 Round 1 begins
    11:30 Lunch
    1:00 Round 2 begins

Originally posted by Minordiety View Post
    From 9:00 to noon.
    However, if it's not your thing you can go and play. No big deal. We won't deflock you or anything. So basically this time is pretty free. Go check out the new course and have fun. But at least come see what you can do to help out before going to play.
    Just so we are clear - we are free to play golf during this time. As the Highland Course will not be in use, can we play there AND on the new course? I know that some of us only get the golf-gratification thing when it is accompanied by the sound of chains slamming and we wanted to get clarification that this will also be OK.

Thanks, John.

ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
      Just so we are clear - we are free to play golf during this time. As the Highland Course will not be in use, can we play there AND on the new course? I know that some of us only get the golf-gratification thing when it is accompanied by the sound of chains slamming and we wanted to get clarification that this will also be OK.

Thanks, John.

That is correct. We have a core group of guys who will be helping during the morning clinics. You are free to play. If you want to caddy during the casual round Saturday afternoon, you are more than welcome to, or you may tackle that bad-azz new course.
      Last edited by Carie CPink; July 29th, 2009, 12:16 PM. Reason: Needed an emoticon to fully express my intentions!

Comment

Thank you. Waking up and drinking a lot, it is.

I am glad to hear that there is a good group of guys helping out during the clinics. This weekend is going to be suh-weet!
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Thank you. Waking up and drinking a lot, it is.

I am glad to hear that there is a good group of guys helping out during the clinics. This weekend is going to be suh-weet!
          Still, check in with me. I might send you off on the Highlands course with t-signs to place while you throw your round.

Comment

I can do that. I will definitely check in with you - at the very least to make sure that your breakfast beer doesn't need refilling. Thanks, John.
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Glow round

I am speaking for my man as he was wondering if anyone sells or provides glow sticks to use on the discs for the round on this Saturday night.
              PDGA 38506
              ODDGA 27
              DDGA 176
              2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

most dollar stores, but the baskets on The Highlands are already have lights.
                educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by LadyBuzzz View Post
                  I am speaking for my man as he was wondering if anyone sells or provides glow sticks to use on the discs for the round on this Saturday night.

If you guys have a Champion or other plastic that is trans we have supplies to hook you up for both the casual glow round on Friday, and the official glow round on Saturday. We are just charging $1 per disc, and the Chick Flick has supplies to do up 30 disc's.

Cindy
                  Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                  2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                  Stumptown #176
                  PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                    If you guys have a Champion or other plastic that is trans we have supplies to hook you up for both the casual glow round on Friday, and the official glow round on Saturday. We are just charging $1 per disc, and the Chick Flick has supplies to do up 30 disc's.

Cindy

Is anyone planning on bringing a black light for the Traditional glow style discs. I have never played it and was just going to bring a couple of Glow discs to use. My understanding is that you make them shine brighter by hitting them with a black light? Any help here would be appreciated. I also notice that some people don't use glow plastic, they use modified plastic with glow lights attached. What are the pros and cons of each?
                    Training to be a bagger

Comment

Weight. Adding an LED adds weight.

Black lights are cheap. I think you can get a little hand-held for like $10.
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

In our experience with it...

LED pros:
                        Cheap - most likely you've already got a Champion disc to use, so you only need to purchase a battery (which can be bought at the dollar store) and some LEDs
                        Once you set it up, you're good to go. No charging necessary.
                        Super easy to see, even in long grass or brush.
                        Fun to watch fly through the air.
                        Fun to see the bottom of a Horning's basket glow red with an ace while everyone finishes out the hole.

LED Cons:
                        Ocassionally, the tape will come loose and you'll have to re-tape. We usually carry tape in our bag.
                        I'll have to think of any other cons; right now, I'm at a loss. Ha!

I can't tell ya much about the Glow plastic, though, because we only tried it once (not the Champion glow plastic that's out now, but the DX stuff) - I didn't like it at all. It seemed very difficult to hold a charge, and much harder to see in flight. I have seen a few people play with the Photon Glo and that was the only glow disc I've ever seen hold it's charge and actually glow.

Comment

Originally posted by smobro View Post
                          Is anyone planning on bringing a black light for the Traditional glow style discs. I have never played it and was just going to bring a couple of Glow discs to use. My understanding is that you make them shine brighter by hitting them with a black light? Any help here would be appreciated. I also notice that some people don't use glow plastic, they use modified plastic with glow lights attached. What are the pros and cons of each?

Steve and I have a couple of black lights that we will be bringing. We prefer to use the LEDs though. We have some Inovva glow, and it just dose not hold a charge. We do use our blowfly glow putters though the glow on those are awesome.

Cindy
                          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                          Stumptown #176
                          PDGA #37716

Comment

Weight. Adding an LED adds weight.

Black lights are cheap. I think you can get a little hand-held for like $10.
                            I just weighed the supplies to do up one disc on my kitchen scale, and it weighs a grand total of 1/8 of an once.

Cindy
                            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                            Stumptown #176
                            PDGA #37716

Comment

We don't measure discs in ounces, though. Depending on the accuracy of your scale, however, 1/8th of an ounce is nearly 4 grams.
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X