Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craig's List posting

Anyone here know anything about this?

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/act/1240044720.html

What does she mean by "team," I wonder...
    Oregon disc golf map

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post

I have no idea. Where is this women's team going to compete anyway. Sounds a little on the creepy side if you ask me.

Cindy
    Last edited by LegoRules; June 26th, 2009, 06:53 AM.
    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
    Stumptown #176
    PDGA #37716

Comment

That's kind of strange. Looks like a veiled attempt to get people to the web "sight" or to the store.

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
        I have no idea. Where is this women's team going to compete anyway. Sounds a little on the creepy side if you ask me.

Cindy
        I emailed them, so I will let you know what the response is.

Cindy
        2013 Chick Flick co-TD
        Stumptown #176
        PDGA #37716

Comment

Interesting. The link in the Craigslist post takes you to Discraft's "store" on their site. Curious.
          TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by zippyboy View Post
            Interesting. The link in the Craigslist post takes you to Discraft's "store" on their site. Curious.
            ANd not to mention the spelling and grammar. "Throughing". You would think anyone who plays disc golf could spell throwing correctly.

Sounds like a scam to me. Or someone who doesn't play.

Comment

I think the store on Sandy is real, but pretty new -- it shares an address with Rip City Skate. They have a one-page Web site, a MySpace page that lists every Portland high school under "Schools," and a probably-fake "review" on InsiderPages.com. Sounds like they're just desperate to do anything to get some buzz (I almost spelled that last word with 3 Zs!); the question is why she chose disc golf.
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

the question is why she chose disc golf.

Because everyone knows there is a fortune to be made in Disc Golf.

Comment

A team of women disc golfers? I think some of the men's heads just exploded.
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    A team of women disc golfers? I think some of the men's heads just exploded.

Hmmm, sounds like a unique idea. Never heard of a group of women getting together to play before. Perhaps someone should organize something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Minordiety View Post
                      Hmmm, sounds like a unique idea. Never heard of a group of women getting together to play before. Perhaps someone should organize something like this.
                      Great idea. They could have their own tournament and everything. But what to call it.

Comment

No, no... that's NOT what I had in mind, at all.
                        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

what's the difference between

disc or Disc's

???

That ad is creepier than dudes who wear trenchcoats on the bus.
                          The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

I emailed them, so I will let you know what the response is.

Cindy
                            Below is the response I received to my emai.

"Cindy it would get to that at some point some day. with my self promoting events but just like cycling,running skiing, kayaking* there are teams even if you race as an individual .* but my idea was more to from a group for women that's all. would you like to be in ? it has no start cost and only benefits.

I Need a leader with some time behind the disc"
                            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                            Stumptown #176
                            PDGA #37716

Comment

Cindy it would get to that at some point some day. with my self promoting events but just like cycling,running skiing, kayaking* there are teams even if you race as an individual .* but my idea was more to from a group for women that's all
                              My head hurts.
                              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X