X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
    Yeah, that's when I'm meeting him. Warmup is really underrated, who needs it, but a chance to bring a new sponsor into the disc golf scene, now THAT''s an opportunity.

Bob

Well they have already started to sponsor things. My son got a $25 GC at the Bad Monkey Open last weekend. We are headed there tonight to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Thing View Post
      Well they have already started to sponsor things. My son got a $25 GC at the Bad Monkey Open last weekend. We are headed there tonight to check it out.
      For Hood Outdoor? I thought it was for Next Adventure.

Bob

Comment

Easten's certificate was for Hood Outdoor, not Next Adventure. It was for the 17 strokes he shaved off his score between rounds 1 and 2. Amy took him yesterday. She can give you a report about the place. Sounds pretty cool!
        TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Bad grammar is like bad ASL in "sign exact English" form... can you imagine if I had to sign every exact word in first-letter form? "Hey-I-am-going-to-go-play-P-I-E-R-tomorrow-and-I-hope-the-weather-is-sunny" *gosh that's like taking a cattle prod and burning a Deaf person's eyes out if they had to watch that word for word lol... so all in all, i love seeing bad grammar, makes me feel better about my 2nd language skills, thanks guys, keep up with the bloopers...
          wonder if that lady from hood will call her team something like "chick disc golf coop" or something, excellent idea...

Comment

I bet bad ASL would be preferable to someone who doesn't know ASL and thinks they do.

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
              That ad is creepier than dudes who wear trenchcoats on the bus.
              Geezo, what a bigot! I thought we didn't allow such hate speech aganst oppressed minorities on this site.
              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Easten and I spent quite a while in the store yesterday. There was very little in the way of disc golf stuff right now, just the Huk Lab discs, some Discraft and a few bags, but there was lots of other merchandise.

There is a skate shop that is owned by JP it is called Rip City Skate (maybe, I trying to remember) and Garrett has the Hood Outdoor store. They both have the same enterance but it is two different shops, that allows them to have days off and not hire anyone. JP said they have only been open about 2 months but they seem to have a very workable business model. The Hood Outdoor store sells new and consigned merchandise. The new merch is from The Outdoor Store (I think), they are selling their last season stuff at reduced prices. They have a pretty good selection of items, skis, backpacks, shoes and clothes. There was nothing that Easten was able to afford with his GC and wanted (discs were way too heavy) so I bought it from him and got a pair of Keens for summer disc golf playing.

The worst thing about the shop was trying to find it based on an address. Once I found it it is very, very easy to tell someone where it is. The address and door is on 37th but the building faces Sandy, it is the Budwisser building right on the east side of the bridge, the windows there say Rip City Skate since they are in the cool round corner.

Go and visit them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Thing View Post
                  There was very little in the way of disc golf stuff right now, just the Huk Lab discs, some Discraft and a few bags, but there was lots of other merchandise.
                  I was hanging with Bob when Garrett came by Saturday before the BMO and introduced himself. I recall him mentioning they had ordered some Innova stuff and were expecting it shortly.

Correct me if I am "mis-remembering" Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by PDXDuck View Post
                    I was hanging with Bob when Garrett came by Saturday before the BMO and introduced himself. I recall him mentioning they had ordered some Innova stuff and were expecting it shortly.

You be correct!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by PDXDuck View Post

I knew that was the case but it is hard to hold back an 8 year old with money to spend . He was able to go and buy his tent today with the money I gave him.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X