X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam View Post
    Actually, no John. I think that Pat and I were unfairly maligned in this thread and we did nothing more than try to show our support for our wives. If this is really about the ladies and not about a small group of ladies trying to control every aspect of the weekend, I would think our wives would count in that and should have had their desires respected a little more rather than they were treated. And this shouldn't have been painted as if Pat and I were trying to inject our desires into it as that was definitely not the case.

Simply put, there was at least one woman who was not really interested in getting better but was planning to attend this event to take part in her husband's passion and spend some time with him. She doesn't want to learn how to throw forehands or get better at putting. And seeing as how Saturday was set up as a casual day, she didn't think that anyone would mind if a couple of couples went off and did their own thing at the time the clinics were running. At this point, she is probably not going to bother showing up because it seems like the CF committee decided to come down a little heavy-handedly with their edict about the course being closed and those not wanting to participate in the clinics should not bother to show up. In other words, the committee's efforts to increase attendance will backfire in this case and will cost them an entry fee, probably. She will probably also never wish to participate in another CF event, as well. If that is no big deal and we should just stop talking about it because it is not the feel-good story people want to hear, fine. I don't think that that is the case, though, and think that the committee should rethink their approach.

Lastly, this is not the Chick Flick thread so I don't see how us discussing this should be a problem for anyone. Don't like what those of us who are disappointed have to say? Don't read the thread. Seems simple, really.
    Since I feel responsible for this thread I just wanted to clear a few things up. It was me (Lesley) not my husband Pat that made the post, it was also me that wanted to play mixed doubles. I did not think that I needed to email anyone special and ask permission because I just wanted to play a casual round with some friends. I was not trying to set up some seperate event. It is not as if I am trying to take away anything from this event. When it first began I was so excited at the fact that there was an event for women where we could share in something that is so important to our significant others. I just feel that the perspecive of this weekend is being lost. I am coming to meet new people and play for fun. I am not really interested in improving my form. I know that the clinics are a valuable part of the weekend for people that are interested. I had no idea that starting my first thread on these boards looking for other couples wanting to play a "casual" round on the "casual" day would cause such an uproar. I do value the amount of work that has gone into such a great weekend, but come on this has become crazy. I am planning on attending the event, playing in the tournament and playing a casual round with friends on saturday I see no reason for anyone to be upset about that. If you want more women involved in disc golf make them feel welcome instead of feeling like they did something wrong.

Comment

Wow! Just checked back in here. Not that surprised, but wow!
      Darrl- I hope you don't feel like any of the women are in any way upset with you or upset that the idea was thrown out there in the first place. Things tend to get blown way out of proportion here. I too really enjoy mixed doubles and can't wait to play the next event.
      See you all at the Chick Flick! Hope everyone has fun, even if exactly what you are looking for isn't offered on this weekend.

Comment

Looks like another case of an idea and thread being "Samrolled".

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
          I think it's more of a case of being "ChickFlickBODrolled"
          Honestly, if men were meant to be "outlawed" from casual day that should have been advertised in the flyer. I know most of you ladies take disc golf VERY seriously, that's not the case at all with my wife. If she's not interested in the clinics, that shouldn't be taken as a slight to the work going into them.

A few mixed couples on the hillside course (not playing for money) during the afternoon aren't going to ruin the event, and I think it's funny what a big deal has been made of this. I do apologize for this TERRIBLE TRAVESTY!!!
          Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
          Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
            More passive-aggressive crap from Pinkal. YAY!
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Good lord fellas. Can this be over with already? I know how people like to draw this crap out but we get it. I know this will be twisted into me trying to control people and freedom of speech and all. I just think that everyone's side has been explained. This kind of stuff is a huge reason I make sure to never direct a new player to these boards for info. Too bad, cause there is a lot of good info here you just have to wade through so much negativity.
              Be sure to put this on the list for the airing of grievences at Festivus.
              Last word from me on the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post
                A few mixed couples on the hillside course (not playing for money) during the afternoon aren't going to ruin the event, and I think it's funny what a big deal has been made of this. I do apologize for this TERRIBLE TRAVESTY!!!

Darr I have bumped my post from earlier in this thread because I think you may have missed it. I look forward to seeing you and Lesley in August.

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                Please enough already this is getting way out of hand, and putting a negative spin on what is suppose to be a positive event. For those who do not want to take part in the clinics or help out with the clinics that is perfectly fine. The intention is to have a causal day for the LADIES to play together, and to learn together. However the canyon course will be closed for we may be using parts of it for the clinics, and later for the causal mixed division rounds. The Highland course will be open for casual play, and for those who choose not to take part in the clinics or casual mixed division round. The Canyon course will be available for play after the clinics, and casual round for the rest of the day. Really guys & gals lets try to work together to put on the most awesome disc golf weekend. There are a lot of people who are working really hard towards that goal, and this stuff is just really discouraging.

Cindy
                Last edited by LegoRules; June 26th, 2009, 05:02 PM. Reason: spelling
                Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                Stumptown #176
                PDGA #37716

Comment

Cindy, it might have had something to do with the mixed message received from you and Carie and Bob. Carie's and Bob's posts indicated that those who were interested in a casual round during clinics would not be welcome at the course as it was closed. Your post seemed to contradict that which is why I asked for clarification that was never given. I appreciate you bumping it and bolding the parts that are applicable to the conversation.

Say... I would really like to be done with this conversation. If no one wants to respond to the thread just to tell us how the guys need to understand this, that or some other thing that is not relevant to the subject being discussed or how I am "samrolling" this thread, I believe it can be left alone to die. That would be swell.
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X