Chick Flick Saturday Mixed Doubles? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I would love to give advice on forehand throws, and I have done before at Worlds Biggest, but Carie has me beat there. Her forehand throws are much better than mine
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Sam View Post
      OK. On second thought, I think that we can help out with the tournament and work with the tournament directors to maybe also have a daylight mixed doubles round. Clearly during the clinics is being frowned upon and I think we should do all we can to support the efforts and the ladies.

      Sam, I know you take a lot of $hit from people on this forum about your attitude and the way you come across online. Maybe some of it is deserved but you have also been known to compromise when needed, and I thought that should be pointed out, too. Well done, sir. I look forward to hanging out with you, Jamie, and everyone else that weekend.

      I will try to have a supply of IPAs with me. Yum.
      TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

      Comment


      • #18
        I would love to learn how to do the forehand shot -- that is one of my weakest area and I appreciate everyone being understanding in making this a wonderful event for everyone to learn and enjoy!
        Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
        DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
          That's Bobs 2cents!
          Bob... please go back and read who started the thread - not Pat. I then spoke to Jamie and asked if she wanted to attend the clinics or play mixed doubles since ONE OF THE OTHER LADIES had suggested it. She wanted to play mixed doubles so I posted as much. Not Pat's decision. Not Sam's decision. Their ladies' decisions.

          I appreciate all of the hard work and all of the planning going into this event and I am sure it is going to be awesome. That said, I find the tack taken here an odd one - the ladies who sign up for the event are not allowed to play on the course during one of the activities that they might not be interested in? That's like closing the course during the ring of fire to get more people to participate in that.

          I am fine with not playing doubles. I was just getting on board with one of the shiny ladies' ideas. I just find the tack odd. I can see the edict - participate in the clinics or don't bother coming - being taken in a way that maybe it wasn't intended.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Sam View Post
            Bob... please go back and read who started the thread - not Pat. I then spoke to Jamie and asked if she wanted to attend the clinics or play mixed doubles since ONE OF THE OTHER LADIES had suggested it. She wanted to play mixed doubles so I posted as much. Not Pat's decision. Not Sam's decision. Their ladies' decisions.

            I appreciate all of the hard work and all of the planning going into this event and I am sure it is going to be awesome. That said, I find the tack taken here an odd one - the ladies who sign up for the event are not allowed to play on the course during one of the activities that they might not be interested in? That's like closing the course during the ring of fire to get more people to participate in that.

            I am fine with not playing doubles. I was just getting on board with one of the shiny ladies' ideas. I just find the tack odd. I can see the edict - participate in the clinics or don't bother coming - being taken in a way that maybe it wasn't intended.
            Sam, I know you or Pat didn't start the thread and that you were only "getting onboard" with the idea of mixed doubles. Without looking back I believe there was somebody else "getting onboard". I didn't want to see EVERBODY "getting onboard", and this snwoballing when the event is being planned already. If someone signed up for Rose City Open, then thought it would be more fun to not play the event as planned, (singles) and decided they wanted to play doubles during the tournament, I think I would have to say, sorry folks but you can't do it.

            darrl..........I do appologize if this all sounds like we are piling up on you. That is not the intent. If you don't want to participate in the clinics that is fine and I'm sure not a problem. As I said before, I too think playing partner doubles sounds like a great idea and I'm all for it. Just not here! I did a couples only day at Timber in February which was a lot of fun and maybe we are overdue for another. I believe that because of the work, planning, and success of last years Chick Flick, my couples day was able to be a success, as many of the ladies started playing or were motivated to keep playing because of their involvement in the Chick Flick.

            I really don't even feel comfortable having to reply on this thread since I am not part of the Chick Flick, and want the ladies to do it all themselves as they have shown they are able to do so well on their own. I just want the guys to understand and realize that this really is ALL about the ladies.

            Bob

            Comment


            • #21
              Just so we're clear... the course will be closed during the clinics and women (playing without their men, even) who are not interested in participating in the clinics are supposed to... not even be at the course? Saturday was supposed to be a casual day, right?

              I do not want to sully the Chick Flick thing either, Bob. And I wouldn't have posted again but you keep coming back to the "guys need to understand" which is more than a little silly considering I have stated that it was the women who wanted to do this and their men were being supportive of their ladies' desires on what was supposed to be their weekend. I am having a hard time understanding why that is being missed here, Bob. Should I try saying it a different way?

              I understand both sides... but feel the heavy-handed nature of the responses - not to even mention trying to pin it on Patrick and I - was more than super lame. Seriously... the phone call from T-Bell would have been enough and I would have jumped to your guys' side without a moment's thought. I did that before I read Carie's post and really absorbed your post, Bob. But... telling people to not even bother showing up at the course if they want to play doubles will probably result in exactly that which will mean a lower turnout for the Chick Flick.
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Sam View Post
                Just so we're clear... the course will be closed during the clinics and women (playing without their men, even) who are not interested in participating in the clinics are supposed to... not even be at the course? Saturday was supposed to be a casual day, right?

                I do not want to sully the Chick Flick thing either, Bob. And I wouldn't have posted again but you keep coming back to the "guys need to understand" which is more than a little silly considering I have stated that it was the women who wanted to do this and their men were being supportive of their ladies' desires on what was supposed to be their weekend. I am having a hard time understanding why that is being missed here, Bob. Should I try saying it a different way?

                I understand both sides... but feel the heavy-handed nature of the responses - not to even mention trying to pin it on Patrick and I - was more than super lame. Seriously... the phone call from T-Bell would have been enough and I would have jumped to your guys' side without a moment's thought. I did that before I read Carie's post and really absorbed your post, Bob. But... telling people to not even bother showing up at the course if they want to play doubles will probably result in exactly that which will mean a lower turnout for the Chick Flick.

                Please enough already this is getting way out of hand, and putting a negative spin on what is suppose to be a positive event. For those who do not want to take part in the clinics or help out with the clinics that is perfectly fine. The intention is to have a causal day for the LADIES to play together, and to learn together. However the canyon course will be closed for we may be using parts of it for the clinics, and later for the causal mixed division rounds. The Highland course will be open for casual play, and for those who choose not to take part in the clinics or casual mixed division round. The Canyon course will be available for play after the clinics, and casual round for the rest of the day. Really guys & gals lets try to work together to put on the most awesome disc golf weekend. There are a lot of people who are working really hard towards that goal, and this stuff is just really discouraging.

                Cindy
                Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                Stumptown #176
                PDGA #37716

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                  Please enough already this is getting way out of hand, and putting a negative spin on what is suppose to be a positive event. For those who do not want to take part in the clinics or help out with the clinics that is perfectly fine. The intention is to have a causal day for the LADIES to play together, and to learn together. However the canyon course will be closed for we may be using parts of it for the clinics, and later for the causal mixed division rounds. The Highland course will be open for casual play, and for those who choose not to take part in the clinics or casual mixed division round. The Canyon course will be available for play after the clinics, and casual round for the rest of the day. Really guys & gals lets try to work together to put on the most awesome disc golf weekend. There are a lot of people who are working really hard towards that goal, and this stuff is just really discouraging.

                  Cindy

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    The conversation is discouraging? I think you might want to evaluate what I said and wonder if the edicts were discouraging. I know of at least one lady (not Jamie) who is discouraged enough to withdraw her entry over the responses seen in this thread. I know that was not the goal of the committee's edicts so maybe a little introspection is called for here?

                    I'm done. I will be supporting my lady that weekend. If she wishes to play mixed doubles or attend the clinics or go to the beach or have a picnic or go for a hike, that is where I will be.
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Well said Sam.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by darrl View Post
                        Well said Sam.
                        Your questions, concerns, and whatever else you might think of should be addressed to the Chick Flick Committee at thechickflick@gmail.com. They have the answers to the questions you want to ask.


                        And gentlemen, please feel free to PM me with your concerns, questions, and whatever else. But please note that I do run EVERYTHING through the Chick Flick Committee before I answer (since it is their event.)

                        Darrl (I'm sorry but I don't remember your name,) please contact the committee. They are an awesome group of women, who I'm sure you will enjoy disc golfing with.


                        John has left the building.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I'm really looking forward to this great event and can't wait to help out in every way possible. I'm behind you all the way ladies and my hat is off to all of you who have spent many hours of hard work to see this happen in the grandest of fashion . I'll see you all there!
                          Just shut up and throw!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Yes... I am sure that Pat and I also feel the same way. Sad that this thread turned out as it did where Pat and I are looked at as the bad guys for supporting our ladies and their decisions. Maybe some of the guys who responded this way control their wives too much and don't imagine that they would make a decision like this on their own? I don't know... but the whole thing turned out pretty sad, in my opinion.
                            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Sam View Post
                              Yes... I am sure that Pat and I also feel the same way. Sad that this thread turned out as it did where Pat and I are looked at as the bad guys for supporting our ladies and their decisions. Maybe some of the guys who responded this way control their wives too much and don't imagine that they would make a decision like this on their own? I don't know... but the whole thing turned out pretty sad, in my opinion.
                              Sam, just let the whole damn thing drop, will you. If your wife or any other woman has a concern or anything let THEM talk to the Chick Flick Committee and THEY can sort it out amongst themselves. They don't need you, me, or anyother male involved in this any further!

                              And if they do not choose to work this out amongst themselves then it is not OUR problem.

                              Now go get ready for the Bad Monkey tomorrow.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Actually, no John. I think that Pat and I were unfairly maligned in this thread and we did nothing more than try to show our support for our wives. If this is really about the ladies and not about a small group of ladies trying to control every aspect of the weekend, I would think our wives would count in that and should have had their desires respected a little more rather than they were treated. And this shouldn't have been painted as if Pat and I were trying to inject our desires into it as that was definitely not the case.

                                Simply put, there was at least one woman who was not really interested in getting better but was planning to attend this event to take part in her husband's passion and spend some time with him. She doesn't want to learn how to throw forehands or get better at putting. And seeing as how Saturday was set up as a casual day, she didn't think that anyone would mind if a couple of couples went off and did their own thing at the time the clinics were running. At this point, she is probably not going to bother showing up because it seems like the CF committee decided to come down a little heavy-handedly with their edict about the course being closed and those not wanting to participate in the clinics should not bother to show up. In other words, the committee's efforts to increase attendance will backfire in this case and will cost them an entry fee, probably. She will probably also never wish to participate in another CF event, as well. If that is no big deal and we should just stop talking about it because it is not the feel-good story people want to hear, fine. I don't think that that is the case, though, and think that the committee should rethink their approach.

                                Lastly, this is not the Chick Flick thread so I don't see how us discussing this should be a problem for anyone. Don't like what those of us who are disappointed have to say? Don't read the thread. Seems simple, really.
                                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                                ~Annika SŲrenstam

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X