Personal Best! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Congrats on your PB!

    I consider most rounds of golf to be Masters training rounds. Can't imagine practicing for the Masters sober.

    Comment


    • #32
      Moderation in all things, except moderation.

      I can't seem to make any correlation between having a little or not. Sometimes the imbibery seems to send the score through the stratosphere and sometimes it seems to cure what was ailing my round. Usually I can't putt at all after two espressos, but sometimes I can. I tossed an even par the other day when I'd had the two morning uppers and then drank ale instead of water after the front nine. I did miss some way easy putts and really gave up what would been close to a career round. I wind up not knowing anything from the experience.

      Now I learn that some women drink. I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by DanD View Post
        Congrats on your PB!

        I consider most rounds of golf to be Masters training rounds. Can't imagine practicing for the Masters sober.
        I know, right?! That's what scares me...

        However, Masters and Fourth of July are, like, nonstop all day long four or five days in a row of constant drunken debauchery... I feel like they're entirely different beasts than a "regular" round of golf where I get a little buzz on... I guess maybe it's like all or nothing for me... hehe...

        peace threw disc golf,
        emmarose
        (reigning women's Frizbee Masters Champ)
        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

        Comment


        • #34
          Emma Rose is considered Royalty at the Masters.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by DanD View Post
            Emma Rose is considered Royalty at the Masters.
            Don't give me too much of that kind of love or else I'll start considering my own self royalty everywhere else, too... and it's already a little sickening at the Masters... hehe... but thanks!

            peace,
            em
            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

            Comment


            • #36
              What an epic day of disc golf today at Horning's Hideout today. It was just me and my dog Reagan. In my first round I shot a PB of 58 on the canyon course, and then matched it in my 2nd round. I also shot par on 18 for the first time in my 2nd round. All I can say on 18 is KATANA even after hitting the mando tree I still actually overshot 18s basket on my 3rd drive. That disc ROCKS!!

              Cindy
              Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
              Stumptown #176
              PDGA #37716

              Comment


              • #37
                Wow, Cindy, great job. Jamie and those other Pros (and soon-to-be-pros) had better watch out!
                Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                  What an epic day of disc golf today at Horning's Hideout today. It was just me and my dog Reagan. In my first round I shot a PB of 58 on the canyon course, and then matched it in my 2nd round. I also shot par on 18 for the first time in my 2nd round. All I can say on 18 is KATANA even after hitting the mando tree I still actually overshot 18s basket on my 3rd drive. That disc ROCKS!!

                  Cindy
                  SICK!
                  Training to be a bagger

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                    What an epic day of disc golf today at Horning's Hideout today. It was just me and my dog Reagan. In my first round I shot a PB of 58 on the canyon course, and then matched it in my 2nd round. I also shot par on 18 for the first time in my 2nd round. All I can say on 18 is KATANA even after hitting the mando tree I still actually overshot 18s basket on my 3rd drive. That disc ROCKS!!

                    Cindy
                    Lady... you are amazing! Your passion and dedication to this sport is such an inspiration... can't believe you overdrove 18's basket! Are you kidding me?! And consistent... plus, I still think Reagan is one of the best dogs I've ever met... can she caddy for you on Sunday? Hehe.

                    peace threw disc golf,
                    em
                    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
                      Lady... you are amazing! Your passion and dedication to this sport is such an inspiration... can't believe you overdrove 18's basket! Are you kidding me?! And consistent... plus, I still think Reagan is one of the best dogs I've ever met... can she caddy for you on Sunday? Hehe.

                      peace threw disc golf,
                      em

                      Thanks Em it was a very satisfying day of golf for me I agree Reagan is one of the best dogs ever, but unfortunately she will not be able to be my caddy on Sunday. I would never take my dogs on tournament rounds. I just think dogs and little kids are not a good mix in a tournament setting.

                      Cindy
                      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                      Stumptown #176
                      PDGA #37716

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                        Thanks Em it was a very satisfying day of golf for me I agree Reagan is one of the best dogs ever, but unfortunately she will not be able to be my caddy on Sunday. I would never take my dogs on tournament rounds. I just think dogs and little kids are not a good mix in a tournament setting.

                        Cindy

                        Agreed on the dogs and kids and tournies thing...

                        ... plus, Reagan would probably be all sneaky and try to psyche out the other ladies too much... jk, of course.

                        peace,
                        em
                        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I had a good golf day on Saturday, and got personal bests at both Leverich and Pier. I'm a real beginner, and I'm excited that I'm seeing some improvement! I got a 58 at Leverich (first time under 5/hole), and beat my husband on two holes. I don't remember my previous best there, but I know I've never even gotten close to 5/hole. I got a 118 at Pier, which is significantly better than my previous best -- 124. That's significant progress towards one of my 2010 goals of getting down to 108 at Pier by the end of the year.

                          I'm planning to get a lesson within the next month, if we can find a date that works, and so I'm expecting to make more progress this year!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by ptld2001