Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking for a place to introduce myself somewhere in the forum but since I could not find one I decided that it would be here.

My name is Amy and I am Zippyboy's wife, he was so thrilled when he saw this event and especially when he learned that I went looking for more information. I think that I may play in this event, it looks really great and we had a great time camping at Hornings last year.

I do have a potential conflict for the Sunday rounds but I am hoping to get that figured out or at least join everyone for Friday night and Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Thing View Post
      I was looking for a place to introduce myself somewhere in the forum but since I could not find one I decided that it would be here.

My name is Amy and I am Zippyboy's wife, he was so thrilled when he saw this event and especially when he learned that I went looking for more information. I think that I may play in this event, it looks really great and we had a great time camping at Hornings last year.

I do have a potential conflict for the Sunday rounds but I am hoping to get that figured out or at least join everyone for Friday night and Saturday.
      Awesome You will have a blast, and so will your caddy Zippyboy The Chick Flick tournament was my first ever tournament last year, and since then I have played in over 10 tournaments including the Beaver State Fling a couple of weekends ago. Look forward to seeing you out there, and even if you can't make Sunday you will have pleanty of fun on Saturday.

Cindy
      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

About a few blocks before turning into horning's, there is a guy selling huge chunks of firewood for dirt cheap, we got like 3 nights worth of roaring fires for $10.... Invest like $50 and y'all can go all night raving glow disc golf and all of that...

Comment

Thanks Cindy. Zippyboy said that he was thinking about getting a girlfriend to go to the chick flick if I did not want too. He is really excited to go.

I have gone to a few events, World Biggest two years ago and Oregon State Doubles and Trojan bag tag. I have also been at a Fern Burner but did not play. I am not very good but for this event I will end up playing intermedate since I have been playing two years and I can beat my 8 year old most of the time.

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
          About a few blocks before turning into horning's, there is a guy selling huge chunks of firewood for dirt cheap, we got like 3 nights worth of roaring fires for $10.... Invest like $50 and y'all can go all night raving glow disc golf and all of that...
          When we were there last year we could not have a fire, is there some places that you can?

Comment

most places at Hornings do allow fires, as long as it is in an above ground fire pit. If you dont have your own, you can usually get Bob or Rick to bring you one to your site area.
            All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
              most places at Hornings do allow fires, as long as it is in an above ground fire pit. If you dont have your own, you can usually get Bob or Rick to bring you one to your site area.
              NOT TRUE! It depends on the time of year. Sometime after (or in) June, fire season starts and all fires are prohibited. Please ask before you start any fire, even in an above ground fire pit. Based on my previous discussions with Bob, fires are never allowed in August.

Comment

That makes sense.. August is usually one of the hotter months. Things are usually dried out - so don't ask about the fire.. It was nice over the past weekend, but it is not something I would recommend in the middle of summer to the beginning of winter - I keep thinking about all the horror stories about fires in the canyon.. I don't want that to happen at Horning's Hideout!
                Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
                DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  NOT TRUE! It depends on the time of year. Sometime after (or in) June, fire season starts and all fires are prohibited. Please ask before you start any fire, even in an above ground fire pit. Based on my previous discussions with Bob, fires are never allowed in August.
                  Rest assured guys the Chick Flick planning committee will have all these details worked out before the event. We are in close contact with Bob Horning, and before the event it will be know whether or not fires will be allowed.

Cindy
                  Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                  2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                  Stumptown #176
                  PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                    Hi everyone, a bit of confusion on fires. We are allowed by the Forest Service to have fires here during the Non-fire hazard season (about October thru to about the end of June), but during July, August and September we are not allowed to have fires here at all! Even if the Forest Sevice was not involved, we wouldn't allow fires just because we like our place green instead of charcoal black.
                    Many folks have questioned me on why then does the State Parks allow fires most of the season (unles it's extreme fire danger), and I posed that question to the State fire Marshal. The answer is quite simple he said, if the state burns down their own park no one would sue them for it. Personally, I would rather see the state parks stay green too .
                    Later, Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob! We were there in August and figured that was why we could not have a fire. We like your place green too.

Thanks for all you do. Now i need to call to make more reservations

Comment

Yes, I am so excited to get my girl Erika involved in the Chick Flick again. She attended the big one last year at Timber and had a blast. In fact Erika also recruited her friend Katie to also sign up for the chick flick as well. If anyone was at the BSF Katie was giving the massages on Saturday next to the Stumptown tent. Now in case any of you ladies get super pumped and golf all day, you will have two licensed massage therapists at your disposal if you are sore. They will sign up on Wed. next week. Woot woot.

Comment

Originally posted by E-ROC View Post
                          Yes, I am so excited to get my girl Erika involved in the Chick Flick again. She attended the big one last year at Timber and had a blast. In fact Erika also recruited her friend Katie to also sign up for the chick flick as well. If anyone was at the BSF Katie was giving the massages on Saturday next to the Stumptown tent. Now in case any of you ladies get super pumped and golf all day, you will have two licensed massage therapists at your disposal if you are sore. They will sign up on Wed. next week. Woot woot.
                          AND Erika has her own practice basket!

Bob

Comment

Welcome to the boards, Amy! I look forward to seeing you out on the course.

Now in case any of you ladies get super pumped and golf all day
                            What do you mean, in case? I'm always super pumped! It is nice to know we'll have plenty of massage therapists out there for the weekend. My buddy Tianna is also a licensed massage therapist (she massages rock stars through Dr. Dot) and fellow golf addict.

I am so stoked for this event! As soon as pay day hits, I'll be signing myself up for Intermediate, along with Sky (juniors) and Eric (caddy extroardinaire).

Comment

Originally posted by Carie CPink View Post
                              Ladies...it's official. Sign up at the Stumptown Website. Please pass the word.

Guys...talk to your significant others and daughters. We have a Juniors' Division this year.

2009 Chick Flick

Your entry fee includes:
                              -camping
                              -new disc
                              -t-shirt (women's cut!)
                              -Chick Flick Coffee Mug or Water Bottle
                              -Clinic
                              -Lunch both Saturday AND Sunday!
                              -Mixed Casual Round on Saturday
                              -Two, 18-hole rounds scored by division. Payouts for each division!
                              -TONS of fun prizes and raffle items
                              -Networking

All of this for the following price:
                              Juniors: Ages 18 and under: $20
                              Rec: For beginners and casual players who are learning the game: $25
                              Intermediate: Players who have developed basic Frisbee and disc golf skills and/or have some tournament experience: $30
                              Advanced: Upcoming players with 2-3 years experience who are gaining consistency: $40
                              Pro: Over 5 years of experience, consistent play: $50

This is going to be a top-notch women's event. Please spread the word!

Keep your eyes open for the Caddie Registration...coming soon!
                              CPink,
                              This sounds like a great time and I've got my wife planning on signing up. I have a few questions...

1) Does mixed casual round mean Saturday is a casual day after the clinic and both tournament rounds are played back to back on Sunday?

2) Do all divisions play both courses once?

3) Why no mixed doubles with caddies???
                              Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                              Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

3) Why no mixed doubles with caddies???

I am now asking this question too. with the person I contacted about caddying for, for this event, we got a chance to win

I may be wrong, but I am assuming Darr meant mix dubs with the chick player, playing with her caddie for the event???
                                All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X