May Chickflick Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • May Chickflick

    Ok we had 10 chicks at April's Chikcflick totally awesome Now it is time to decide on a date and place for May's Chickflick. The 23rd and 24th is the Beaver State Fling, and a lot of the ladies are either attending or playing, so that weekend should be ruled out. I am thinking either the 16th or 17th, or the 30th or 31st. Also we need to decide where to go, so lets get some idea's flying girls.

    Cindy
    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
    Stumptown #176
    PDGA #37716

  • #2
    I think we had talked about playing Milo since a lot of us are playing BSF. I think the 16th or 17th sounds good. It may be crowded and we'll need keep up speed of play with everyone out practicing.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
      I am thinking either the 16th or 17th, or the 30th or 31st. Also we need to decide where to go, so lets get some idea's flying girls.

      Cindy
      Those dates won't work for me as my son's birthday falls on 18th so we are planning for his birthday party/sleepover on the weekend of 16th, and I will be at ODDGC tournament on 30th and 31st. So it looks like that I will have to miss May Chickflick as May is very busy month for me...
      PDGA 38506
      ODDGA 27
      DDGA 176
      2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Celeste View Post
        I think we had talked about playing Milo since a lot of us are playing BSF. I think the 16th or 17th sounds good. It may be crowded and we'll need keep up speed of play with everyone out practicing.
        Hey my vote would be for Milo the 16th or the 17th too. I agree we would have to break up into smaller groups for sure.

        Cindy
        Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
        2013 Chick Flick co-TD
        Stumptown #176
        PDGA #37716

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by LadyBuzzz View Post
          Those dates won't work for me as my son's birthday falls on 18th so we are planning for his birthday party/sleepover on the weekend of 16th, and I will be at ODDGC tournament on 30th and 31st. So it looks like that I will have to miss May Chickflick as May is very busy month for me...

          We will miss you at the Chickflick, but you will see a lot of us at the Beaverstate Fling.

          Cindy
          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
          Stumptown #176
          PDGA #37716

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
            Hey my vote would be for Milo the 16th or the 17th too. I agree we would have to break up into smaller groups for sure.

            Cindy
            well it's too bad you ladies don't come out to Timber on the 16th and play in teams of 3- not the same as what you usually do, but atleast it would not take away from the existing scheduled event.
            the only good salad bar is a drive through-

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jabberjawsteve View Post
              well it's too bad you ladies don't come out to Timber on the 16th and play in teams of 3- not the same as what you usually do, but atleast it would not take away from the existing scheduled event.
              A lot of the ladies that take part in the Chickflicks are not interested in competing in events. The Chickflick is just Chicks playing causual rounds without the dudes. If there are too many that are comitted to events then we choose another date. So far I have not heard of any of our group that were planning on competing in the 3 headed monster.

              Cindy
              Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
              Stumptown #176
              PDGA #37716

              Comment


              • #8
                Hello ladies....i am trying to convince my wife to partake in the MAy chick flick. She is, however, very shy when it comes to new folks and afraid that her abilities will not meet the norm of the group. She always plays disc with me and sometimes i worry that she feels disappointed that she isn't matching up with my score (which i know she very well could in the future). Any helpful comments or encouragements would be much appreciated.

                Donnie
                Ya i'm one of those guys!!!!!!:chug::rockon:
                Live it. Love it. Rip it.
                Stumptown # 190

                Comment


                • #9
                  I doubt I will be going to the May Chickflick - which was why I was asking about June's - so I could "plan ahead". Like LadyBuzzz - I won't be able to attend it on the last weekend of May since we're playing at the ODDGC at Horning's Hideout.

                  Dizzle -- The best thing to do is to let her come on her terms to join in -- she's always welcome to join us and it is always a blast! I can't speak for the rest of the crew, but when I play with other gals - yeah, I will compare myself to them, but I just want to remember I am there to have fun. That's what Chickflick is about! Having fun, socializing, networking, and discing all at the same time!
                  Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
                  DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Dizzle View Post
                    Hello ladies....i am trying to convince my wife to partake in the MAy chick flick. She is, however, very shy when it comes to new folks and afraid that her abilities will not meet the norm of the group. She always plays disc with me and sometimes i worry that she feels disappointed that she isn't matching up with my score (which i know she very well could in the future). Any helpful comments or encouragements would be much appreciated.

                    Donnie
                    We are a very friendly group any newbie is welcome any time. I remember my first Chickflick about a year ago when I was pretty new and did not know anyone yet. The girls welcomed me into the group, and I felt right at home. We have wide range of abilities too from Rec. to even sometimes Pro (When T-Bell, Carie, or Erin can make it). We usually do keep score if we are playing for bag tags, or if we are playing doubles. We are very encouraging to one another. Hopefully Drizzle we will see your wife out with us this month.

                    Also don't forget we will have an off da hook two day tournament Aug. 1st & 2nd. We are in the planning stages of that event now, but the first day we will have clinics & then a causal round with mixed divisions, so that new players can get a tournament type expirence lead by more expierenced players. The 2nd day will be a full on two round tournament. We will also have the dude's as caddies, and there will be some special things planned for them. We actually have a caddy committee working out those details.

                    Cindy
                    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                    Stumptown #176
                    PDGA #37716

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                      A lot of the ladies that take part in the Chickflicks are not interested in competing in events. The Chickflick is just Chicks playing causual rounds without the dudes. If there are too many that are comitted to events then we choose another date. So far I have not heard of any of our group that were planning on competing in the 3 headed monster.

                      Cindy
                      thanx for the info Cindy-
                      the only good salad bar is a drive through-

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        May is a tough month, don't forget Mother's Day is just around the corner too. It's the 10th. My own birthday is the 14th, so I don't think it should be a problem making the 16th or 17th that I know of. However, be sure that if we're playing Milo and breaking up into groups that we have maps available.

                        And Donnie, all ladies are welcome. Tell her not to feel too self-conscious. I don't consider myself even a mediocre disc golfer.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ok the verdict is in the May Chickflick will be Sunday May 17th at Milo. Lets meet at 11am at 1W, so we can play the 27. It will be crowded, so we will for sure have to break up into smaller groups. Their is enough of us that know our way around, so every group should have a guide. Lets all bring something to share because that worked out so awesome last month.
                          Can't wait it will be off da hook.

                          Cindy
                          Last edited by LegoRules; April 30th, 2009, 05:28 PM. Reason: spelling
                          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                          Stumptown #176
                          PDGA #37716

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Awesome! It seems lately that we are playing on Sundays so why not we set up Church of Chickflick! Just kidding! I am looking forward to it if nothing comes up before that!
                            PDGA 38506
                            ODDGA 27
                            DDGA 176
                            2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                              Ok the verdict is in the May Chickflick will be Sunday May 17th at Milo. Lets meet at 11am at 1W, so we can play the 27. It will be crowded, so we will for sure have to break up into smaller groups. Their is enough of us that know our way around, so every group should have a guide. Lets all bring something to share because that worked out so awesome last month.
                              Can't wait it will be off da hook.

                              Cindy
                              Bumpity Bump. Looks like the weather is going to be smokin hot Don't forget the sunscreen ladies, and pleany of fluilds

                              Cindy
                              Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                              Stumptown #176
                              PDGA #37716

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X