For the Women; What's in your bag? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    have recently added a beat 150g r-pro boss (i'm in love)... and a 175g aviar that looks like a flourescent pumpkin 'cause it's got a bottom stamp...

    peace,
    em
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

    Comment


    • #62
      How do you like the R-pro XD I just got one of those in the mail yesterday, and have not tried it out yet.

      Cindy
      As long as it isn't cold it just flops to the ground and dies if you miss which is sweet. I got a new Japan Open one coming, the one I use now is one of the prototype ones.

      Which kind did you get?

      Comment


      • #63
        To be honest, I'm amazed at some of the heavy weights that I am seeing in a lot of the bags for women. Some of the discs listed are heavier than the discs I use myself. Just saying...

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by snap7times View Post
          To be honest, I'm amazed at some of the heavy weights that I am seeing in a lot of the bags for women. Some of the discs listed are heavier than the discs I use myself. Just saying...
          ... i'm glad you spoke up about this... i recently put a couple 160g valks in my bag and have a 165g for when it's windy... but i throw light other than that, 150g, baby... all the ladies i play with who throw super long also throw light... a couple of my girlfriends stubbornly refuse to throw anything lighter than a 167g i think just 'cause they don't like to be told what to do...

          hope i didn't piss any of you ladies off... but it doesn't make sense for us to throw as heavy (or heavier!) than dudes... our muscles just aren't as big... unless you're juicin'...

          peace,
          em
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

          Comment


          • #65
            Only discs heavier than 169g are my putters (Go Wizards!) and mid-ranges. A 166 Glow Orc is my money disc. Love. It.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
              ... i'm glad you spoke up about this... i recently put a couple 160g valks in my bag and have a 165g for when it's windy... but i throw light other than that, 150g, baby... all the ladies i play with who throw super long also throw light... a couple of my girlfriends stubbornly refuse to throw anything lighter than a 167g i think just 'cause they don't like to be told what to do...

              hope i didn't piss any of you ladies off... but it doesn't make sense for us to throw as heavy (or heavier!) than dudes... our muscles just aren't as big... unless you're juicin'...

              peace,
              em
              99 percent of women do not have enough testosterone in their bodies to develop muscles like men do... anyways, yeah that sounds like some of the masters or grandmasters players that I have played with and tried to get them to move down weights cuz they complain they can't throw as far as they did last year and they hurting after rounds etc... It's part of the game, gotta adapt. Before I really understood this part of the game, I had Tracey throwing 164-170 and she struggled a lot. Then I did my homework and found out she should be throwing 145-160, got her a few discs and her game transformed into something much more stable and fun for her. Now all her discs range from 146-154 with the exception of her buzzz's and windy day putter. Her go to drivers are a 150g champ valk and 150g ce-pro leopard (i recently found a beautiful backup 150g ce-pro leopard and she loves me more now)
              Also, for kids, give them 118-135g discs. Zayne has many discs and his new fave is a disc I picked up at final9, a dx 130g cobra, he's getting 75-100 feet consistently with that.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                anyways, yeah that sounds like some of the masters or grandmasters players that I have played with and tried to get them to move down weights cuz they complain they can't throw as far as they did last year and they hurting after rounds etc... It's part of the game, gotta adapt.

                haha! recently my dad has started noticing that all of a sudden i am throwing almost as far as he is on our drives... funny, dude just put a 150g valk in his bag and keeps eyeing my 150g boss... he's very adaptable... and doesn't want to spend another year throwing lefty 'cause of his tendonitis like he did a year and a half ago...

                peace,
                em
                "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

                Comment


                • #68
                  We have a lot of wind here but the 150 is definitely the go-to driver on calm days.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    I'm curious with Great Northwest Open coming up...What will you throw off Top of the World?!
                    I'll be throwing my whole bag since I'm not playing in the tournament.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Celeste View Post
                      I'm curious with Great Northwest Open coming up...What will you throw off Top of the World?!
                      I'll be throwing my whole bag since I'm not playing in the tournament.

                      Um I really don't know. What I threw last year, and how I threw it did not work out so great. Any suggestions?

                      Cindy
                      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                      Stumptown #176
                      PDGA #37716

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Celeste View Post
                        I'm curious with Great Northwest Open coming up...What will you throw off Top of the World?!
                        I'll be throwing my whole bag since I'm not playing in the tournament.
                        I have no idea as I can't hardy wait to wet my feet at Whistler's Bend first time! That's why I signed up for GNWO because I hear many raves about Top of the World!
                        Last edited by Nichola; April 8th, 2010, 07:58 AM. Reason: forget to add a word(wait)
                        PDGA 38506
                        ODDGA 27
                        DDGA 176
                        2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by LadyBuzzz View Post
                          I have no idea as I can't hardy to wet my feet at Whistler's Bend first time! That's why I signed up for GNWO because I hear many raves about Top of the World!

                          When you guys getting there Nikki we need to get in a practice round.

                          Cindy
                          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                          Stumptown #176
                          PDGA #37716

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Celeste View Post
                            I'm curious with Great Northwest Open coming up...What will you throw off Top of the World?!
                            I'll be throwing my whole bag since I'm not playing in the tournament.
                            i shouldn't even be butting in since i've never been to whistler's, but i've had great luck throwing a 150g champ sidewinder very straight, very long and very downhill... i throw my xd down the hill on #8 at meadow ridge and nearly put it on the green last time i was out there...

                            peace and good luck ladies! show 'em what you're made of! sugar and spice and everything nice and big strong muscles!

                            em
                            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

                            Comment

                            Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X