X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New women's only league

Michelle and I are excited to announce a new women's only league!

Starting May 23rd and running every Thursday until September 19th we will be running a handicap singles league at Lunchtime. We will be skipping the 4th of July.

Sign-ups will start at 5:00. Round starts at 6:00. We are also planning on having short clinics every Thursday before the round (5:30ish). Cost will be $5 for the league round (clinic will be free), $1 ace pot.

Since it is a handicap league and our goal is to get as many new women out as possible, we are going to make each person's 1st league round free. We will use round to start establishing your handicap but this also means bring as many other women as you can find so that they can try it for free!

For more details, check out our thread under the weekly series. Also you can check out Our Facebook page Women of DGOD.
    Last edited by Amber; May 6th, 2013, 04:54 AM.

Sometimes you just gotta say 'Huck It'!

Comment

We are excited to announce that Zoe Andyke will be our first instructor. I can't wait for her to show us everything she learned from being out on Tour with Sarah Hokom and all the other top pros.

Comment

Special Thanks!!

What an amazing disc golf community! Thanks to Steve Ellis @ Rainy Day Games for giving us a few discs for CTP prizes! Huge thanks to Tim Price @ Play It Again Sports who is hooking the League up with awesome prizes! Don't forget to buy your Women of DGOD Bag Tag for discounts @ Play it Again and Jimmy's. A very special thanks to Jerry Miller @ Disc Golf Depot. Jerry is going to hook us up with prizes every week and additional items.

Comment

We are one week away from our first day of league and everything is pulling together nicely. I just wanted to take a minute to let you guys know a couple things.

First week of league is free, unless you want to bring $1 for the ace pot. We have done this for a couple reasons: this week is going to start establishing your handicap and also because we want to get as many women out as possible and we feel like getting them there without having to commit any money makes the most sense.

We want to see new faces every week! We even are going to have a end of the year prize for the person who brings the most guests. So, grab some business cards from Michelle or I (also available at our sponsors: Disc Golf Depot & Play It Again Sports) and start handing them out when you see any lady on the disc golf courses.

This brings me to my next topic, we will have loaner discs available (and a few disc for sale). These are going to be available for newbies to try it out (again without having to put a bunch of money in) and for us ladies who have always wanted to try "that disc."

I know it is a LONG way away but just to throw it out there now... We will be doing a Sat or Sun event at Blue Lake half way through the season and we will be having lots of prizes and trophies for finals. We have a bunch of stuff in the works as far as prizes/trophies go. They will be given out for a bunch of different things from placing 1st, or bringing the most guests or most improved and so on.

Well, enough for now. If you ladies have any questions or guys have questions about trying to get your girl out, ask away.

Comment

Only one more day!
            Why are we so excited about this?
            See you all tomorrow

Comment

You can find results posted at: http://www.discgolfscene.com/leagues...n_of_DGOD_2013

Come on out Next Thursday for our 3rd week of FUN!!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X