• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AM vs. PRO membership

Can someone clarify the following:

1. I have been playing AM. I bought a 3 year AM membership that
    expires at the end of 2014.

2. I would like to start play Pro-Master this year and next year with the hope
    of going to PRO worlds in 2014.

3. Do I have to upgrade my membership? Do you have to have a Pro membership after accepting cash?

4. What are the differences between an AM and PRO membership other
    than cost?

Cheers

You can play Pro Master without upgrading to Pro but make sure you don't accept cash. If you accept cash in 2013, you will have to upgrade to Pro in 2014. It doesn't matter what your rating is.

Now, if you want to play Pro in the Worlds in 2014......I would recommend that you play some tournaments as Pro Master so that you accumulate enough points for an invite to the Worlds 2014. Invitees get first dibs on registration. Or you can take your chances and hope that it doesn't fill.

As far as difference in the Pro and Am.......it's the title and you accept cash instead of scrip. And usually the registration fees are higher.
    PDGA President

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca View Post

As far as difference in the Pro and Am.......it's the title and you accept cash instead of scrip. And usually the registration fees are higher.
      And the membership fees are higher, and you lose to Hagerty. And by 'you" I mean "I". And you.

WELCOME!

Comment

Just a quick comment. There isn't an option to upgrade my membership on the PDGA Web site.

1. Is there an easy way to do this if I want to migrate to a PRO membership?
        2. My first of 3 year expires at the end of the month.
        3. A pro membership would be an additional $50 for the next 2 years etc.
        4. I can get by without taking cash if necessary - not that I think I will win any...

Comment

Well 2013 will be a freebie even if you accept cash from my understanding, from there I think you would just need to contact whoever deals with PDGA memberships.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca View Post
            Now, if you want to play Pro in the Worlds in 2014......I would recommend that you play some tournaments as Pro Master so that you accumulate enough points for an invite to the Worlds 2014. Invitees get first dibs on registration. Or you can take your chances and hope that it doesn't fill.
            It will fill so don't even worry about it!
            PDGA #25296
            Stumptown #34

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X