X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Pro Worlds

Its official. Yesterday the PDGA awards the 2014 Pro Worlds to...Portland.

FREAKING AWESOME with 2013 United State Women's Disc Golf Championship and now this!!! I am so proud as true OREGONIAN!!
    PDGA 38506
    ODDGA 27
    DDGA 176
    2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

I just wanted to use as many emoticons as possible. But yet, they still don't convey how stoked I am about this. Friday just got a little more rad.

Comment

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

PDGA Pro World Championships 2014

Greetings,

I got the phone call at 5:45 this morning that we had been awarded the bid to host Pro Worlds in 2014. I'm not sure how Mike was able to get the news out before me, but thanks Mike.

For the last year or so the core group of Cris Bellinger, Jeff Hagerty, Jeff Mittl, Mike Phillips and I have been working on putting forth a bid to host a PDGA World Championship in Portland, Oregon. This is the culmination of something that has been talked about for over two decades by disc golfers around the Portland area including Theo Pozzy, Jerry Miller, Dan Denny and many others too numerous to name, but instrumental none the less. Thank you all.

Now the hard work begins. We will need many people to come together and make this venture a success. It is our hope that we can rely on people from throughout the region to volunteer and make this a Worlds hosted by the Great Northwest and not just Portland, Oregon. In the near future we will be soliciting submissions for artwork and website design and construction. We will be also looking for people to join committees, volunteer as course TD’s and many other duties. We will need some time to determine what exactly needs to be done to move forward, but when we have things resolved we will make a public announcement.

Thanks again to everyone who made this possible and thanks in advance to those who will step forward and make this event a great success.
            Regards,

Todd Andrews

Comment

Worlds

So, what courses here would be involved? That is something that could be discussed now?

Cheers

Comment

Milo East, Milo West, Trojan, Pier, Blue Lake and a redesigned Roster Rock.
                Regards,

Todd Andrews

Comment

HOLY CRAP!!!!!

Comment

Please tell me it's going to be Trojan in the OSDGC layout. I would love to watch that round.
                    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                    Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Andrews View Post
                      Milo East, Milo West, Trojan, Pier, Blue Lake and a redesigned Roster Rock.
                      Those are awesome choices, and very geographically convenient. I assume it will be two rounds of 18 each day.

I can't wait to be a part of this as a volunteer, and hopefully a player as well. Pro Grand Master here I come.

Cindy
                      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                      Stumptown #176
                      PDGA #37716

Comment

So what I am reading here is...

I have a year and a half to turn pro
                        Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

We will post more detailed information at a later date after finalizing things with the PDGA.
                          Regards,

Todd Andrews

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Andrews View Post

I got the phone call at 5:45 this morning that we had been awarded the bid to host Pro Worlds in 2014. I'm not sure how Mike was able to get the news out before me, but thanks Mike.

I love inside information......

Actually, The link to the "Announcement" was posted to the PDGA facebook page this morning...It showed up on my wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post

I love inside information......

Actually, The link to the "Announcement" was posted to the PDGA facebook page this morning...It showed up on my wall.

I was told Ganz was going to post the info at 7:15 our time. I guess he jumped the gun a bit.
                              Regards,

Todd Andrews

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X