Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by PDX_Stu View Post
      And furthermore - what, you aren't including Tektronix Campus?!?!??!?!
      Hey how did you hear about that, must have been that little birdie Jeff Hemmerling. Yup we will have a course but its a private course. I walked it and flagged the tees and baskets today. Its a nice piece of land they let us use away from everyone else with elevation changes and fun OB lines.
      PDGA #25296
      Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
        Hey how did you hear about that, must have been that little birdie Jeff Hemmerling. Yup we will have a course but its a private course. I walked it and flagged the tees and baskets today. Its a nice piece of land they let us use away from everyone else with elevation changes and fun OB lines.
        I've played some killer holes out there.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Caprice Johnson View Post
          why a redesigned rooster rock instead of dabney? I assume hornings is out because of the baskets. but another one thats missing would be stubb stewart.
          I would very much like to know why Horning's was not on this list, considering our baskets are approved for PDGA championships. We are no farther out than Trojan or Roster, so what's the deal?????

Comment

You know I will be out there as volunteer
            PDGA # 31451
            2 Mini Aces
            75 Aces
            PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
            DISC GOLF OR DIE
            BOB CABAL
            DISCVANGO
            JEFF ELLIOT
            G-MAN
            JORDAN LEWIS
            JEFF HAGERTY
            JAMES GARCELON
            SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Congrats on the successful bid, Portlanders. Now the really hard work begins.

I would welcome anyone in the area to help promote disc golf within your community by getting involved and submitting Disc Golf Live video magazine for broadcast at your local community access station:

http://www.pcmtv.org/

This is a great resource and having DG on TV will help grow public awareness of our great sport and your upcoming Championship. I'm happy to provide free program DVDs or downloads, but it takes a local resident to get involved and submit the programs for broadcast.

I'm also happy to include Portland course tours in upcoming events, or perhaps event footage from your courses.

Lots of movers and shakers in your neck of the woods, perhaps one is up to the challenge of a little paperwork and a trip down to PCMTV now and then. Not a big investment at all, considering the benefits for the disc golfing community.

Lots of other stations in the area, same offer: free program DVDs to individuals who have the initiative it takes to be a leader locally and get the job done.

Take care,

Joe
              Joe Wander
              Producer and Editor
              Disc Golf Live video magazine
              www.discgolflive.com
              Bringing DG to TV, one community at a time

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                I work at Xerox - can I play?
                DGOD Tag #2
                Grip Lok Tag #17

Who wants to play?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Kelly View Post
                  I work at Xerox - can I play?
                  Xerox? Where? What?

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
                    I would very much like to know why Horning's was not on this list, considering our baskets are approved for PDGA championships. We are no farther out than Trojan or Roster, so what's the deal?????
                    I don't know why, but I do know that I wouldn't want to spend all the money to travel to a Worlds and putt on tire rims. It's just kind of the way it is, even though your baskets are approved. That's just my perspective and has nothing to do with any decisions made about this awesome development in Oregon disc golf.

Comment

above the rim

If they are PDGA approved, IMO whatever is 'below the chains' doesn't really matter. If the chain configurations work, that's what counts.
                      I'm so excited about playing in this gig that it doesn't really matter what course or baskets I throw at because all of the old farts in my SGM division will be playing the same ones.
                      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                      - Anonymous

Comment

Just a summary of comments:

1. Mr. Hemmerling is a gossip monger - Mike, lets have a masters only event at Tektronix - I will
                        show up for the work parties - even if it is for employees only (if I can get a hall pass)! Get permission to have one "charity" event - "help feed the poor, socially challenged Tek SW\HW engineers"

2. It DID cross my mind that Hornings big course could have been considered as part of the event. I sympathize with Bob's comment.

3. I am thinking the event will promote people to get a PRO PDGA membership next year and move up! I will make the feeble attempt to do this and shovel out the extra cash. Watch out Jim Oates...

4. can you guess what pub I am drinking a Victory Storm King Imperial Stout right now?!?!?

Cheers

Comment

THIS IS WAY F'ING COOL!!!
                          I'll volunteer and already planning my vacation around it!!

Where will headquarters be held at? (for the dinner and such events)?

Comment

One more thing.
                            Is a rough date set?

Comment

Hagerty,
                              I'm Volunteering, You got my number. I can run a crew, do what I'm told, and do the right job the 1st time. We need to start soon, at least planning, everyone gets busy and it will take an army of people to make this happen. Let me know when you have my marching orders ready. I will plan my vacations around it.
                              PDGA# 49616
                              Stumptown# 353
                              OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Is am worlds gonna be here as well or just pro worlds If not where is it gonna be

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X