X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Approaching Your Lie...

When does your 30 seconds officially start? I've heard as soon as you find your disc is when it starts and I've also heard that once you've established footing. Which is correct or are they both correct?
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
    When does your 30 seconds officially start? I've heard as soon as you find your disc is when it starts and I've also heard that once you've established footing. Which is correct or are they both correct?
    801.03 Excessive Time
    A. A maximum of 30 seconds is allowed to each player to make a throw after:

•The previous player has thrown; and,
    •The player has taken a reasonable time to arrive at the disc and mark the lie; and,
    •The playing area is clear and free of distractions.

B. A player shall receive a warning for the first excessive time violation if observed by two or more players of the group or an official. The player shall be assessed one penalty throw for each subsequent excessive time violation in the same round if observed by two or more players of the group or an official.

http://www.pdga.com/rules/80103-excessive-time

Comment

So at no time it address's establishing safe and reasonable footing behind your lie. I thought that was the case.
      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        801.03 Excessive Time
        A. A maximum of 30 seconds is allowed to each player to make a throw after:

•The previous player has thrown; and,
        •The player has taken a reasonable time to arrive at the disc and mark the lie; and,

B. A player shall receive a warning for the first excessive time violation if observed by two or more players of the group or an official. The player shall be assessed one penalty throw for each subsequent excessive time violation in the same round if observed by two or more players of the group or an official.

http://www.pdga.com/rules/80103-excessive-time

this is the key to taking as long as a full minute or 3 depending on how GREAT of a player you are....

dam these birds chirping are making me lose concentration, hey you quit moving on that other fairway your distracting me.....

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
          So at no time it address's establishing safe and reasonable footing behind your lie. I thought that was the case.
          that's what the 30 seconds is for... to establish your footing, choose your disc, etc. you don't get 30 seconds after you're all set to just think about things.
          Last edited by emmarose; July 3rd, 2012, 05:40 PM.
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

curious

Are the voices inside your head considered a distraction?
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
              Are the voices inside your head considered a distraction?
              if i can hear them, or someone else on your card, then yes. you will have to get them to shut the f* up or i will give you a warning and then a stroke if they don't can it. just as you are responsible for the actions of your caddy, you are responsible for the voices inside your head.
              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Seriously? I get just 30 seconds after setting up for my shot? Some of my "..and then when I played disc golf at band camp, and I made this great shot, and it almost went in, and...." stories can take 3-5 minutes. Crap! I guess that's why most people in my card wear headphones and just keep walking to their disc when it's my turn to throw.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
                  Seriously? I get just 30 seconds after setting up for my shot? Some of my "..and then when I played disc golf at band camp, and I made this great shot, and it almost went in, and...." stories can take 3-5 minutes. Crap! I guess that's why most people in my card wear headphones and just keep walking to their disc when it's my turn to throw.
                  I love your stories about disc golf at band camp right up until you start talking about your saxophone and something about teenage girls, that's usually when I put my head phones on.
                  Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                    I love your stories about disc golf at band camp right up until you start talking about your saxophone and something about teenage girls, that's usually when I put my head phones on.
                    your just jealous he is not talking about you Silly!!!
                    Team HOSER:dancing:
                    Team OLY:cheerleader:
                    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

I'm only attracted to BA from the ankles down. Right Brian?
                      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Good gawd...even his toes are fugly!!
                        Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X