X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can I re-tee?

I've got a bet going with a buddy and need some clarification.

Do I always have the option to re-tee? even if I don't go out of bounds or miss a mando. I read it as Yes you can from this rule, and he read it as no.

803.06 Optional Rethrow

At any time, a player may elect to rethrow from the previous lie as evidenced by the marker disc or, if the marker disc has been moved, from an approximate lie as agreed to by the majority of the group or an official. The original throw plus one penalty throw are counted in the player's score.
    Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

yes, you always have the option to re-tee. don't forget to add the penalty stroke though.

Comment

Originally posted by tmiller View Post
      yes, you always have the option to re-tee. don't forget to add the penalty stroke though.

Yes of course the penalty. thank you. Is there any circumstances where you must take your lie, and there is no option of a re-throw+penalty?
      Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

I think you ALWAYS have the option to throw from your previous lie, pretty sure this wasn't always the case though back when they had the 'unsafe lie' language a few revisions ago.

I've re-teed in a tournament just because I thought I'd get fewer strokes even with the penalty and my original drive wasn't even OB!!
        'Weekend 4 Women':
        Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
        Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

This is a GREAT rule to know when playing mountain courses. I still remember one of the ladies (Jodie I believe) overshooting a 250ft hole by about 1000+ ft... with a Roc.
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Here's one tricky thing about re-teeing to consider. If you shank a drive down the hill deep in the woods, you need to decide right then if you are going to abandon the shot and officially re-tee or call a provisional and throw off the tee again in the event your disc is lost (or maybe OB). The tricky part if you call the provisional is if you find the disc and it's so nasty that you want to re-tee, you cannot use the provisional. You must go back to the tee and throw again. If your disc is actually lost (or OB), you must use your provisional throw.

Comment

Yeah, I've actually used this to save strokes before. Four Mounds can cause you to have some evil lies.
              "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
              Cleveland Brown

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X