X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is PDGA coming to Milo?

I've heard that there is going to be a major tournemant next year at Milo, where can I find info on that? I've looked on the PDGA schedule and it's not there.
    Thanks, Bob H

The Beaver State Fling is at Milo, which is a PDGA National Tour, it's on the schedule on their website.

Comment

Beaver State Fling, May 22-24. Memorial day is May 25. Then ODDGC at Horning's May 29-31.

Comment

http://freecal.brownbearsw.com/TreeL...ate=2009-05-01

Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

You should come and a watch Bob. As a National Tour event there SHOULD a lot of top pros there.

Bob

Comment

National tour event usually gets at least 80 percent of the top pros. Since Dave and Avery are "from" Oregon and Val loves the course, very likely everyone else will go there as well. Another perk is that the weekend before, there is a NT event at Dela Veaga in NorCal, so all they have to do is fly or drive one state up for the BSF. Disc golf is more spectator friendly than ball golf, all you have to do is stay at least 10-20 feet behind the throwers and be quiet. Some of them will actually talk to you sometimes. I encourage anyone to go since that will be the biggest event in Oregon and Washington in 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
              You should come and a watch Bob. As a National Tour event there SHOULD a lot of top pros there.

Bob

YES, you should come out and watch.
              There WILL be alot of the TOP PROS here this year. Probably more than any other year.
              Matt Orum has already moved to NorCal for the season thru BSF and many are flying into the Masters Cup, hitching a ride to BSF and flying out of Portland.

I only hope we can make it worth the trip...

Comment

Why wouldn't "we" be able to?
                Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
                  Why wouldn't "we" be able to?

WE as in the State of Oregon.......

Which by the way isnt in a very good "state" right now.........

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
                    WE as in the State of Oregon.......

Which by the way isnt in a very good "state" right now.........
                    I have every confidence that the BSF will be as awesome as ever, even with the "challenges" now presented.

Comment

Challenges?

Comment

Man, Wes...

The Oregon Series disbanded and the Bellingers have withdrawn from TDing the BSF. Doing it without them = challenge.
                        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I'm obviously not in the know.
                          After such a long great run... every DGer in the PNW, and many beyond, owe them their gratitude for making the Oregon Series such a success. It's a shame no group(s) will step up to continue it as a series. Having the consistency thru 7 events was part of what made it such a great series.
                          It sounds like the events will go on- at least most- but will it have the consistency of the series?
                          As someone who considers the BSF the highlight of their year, THANK YOU to everyone that stepped forward to make it happen.
                          Hopefully there's a local club around that can step in and act as a governing body to see this SERIES of events happens in the same professional manner as before.
                          No reason why it can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                            I'm obviously not in the know.
                            After such a long great run... every DGer in the PNW, and many beyond, owe them their gratitude for making the Oregon Series such a success. It's a shame no group(s) will step up to continue it as a series. Having the consistency thru 7 events was part of what made it such a great series.
                            It sounds like the events will go on- at least most- but will it have the consistency of the series?
                            As someone who considers the BSF the highlight of their year, THANK YOU to everyone that stepped forward to make it happen.
                            Hopefully there's a local club around that can step in and act as a governing body to see this SERIES of events happens in the same professional manner as before.
                            No reason why it can't.

there is NO reason why the TD's themselves cant be that "Group"

We all are used to following a certain set of rules anyway......
                            As long as we all agree on "new" terms and agree on formats, etc... the "Series" can continue on more or less "self-managed"

Sure the "show" that the Bellingers,etc. put forth wont be there every time.
                            We will surely miss that....BUT , maybe, just maybe the TD's themselves will be able to figure it out and STILL put on a really good "show".

Ultimately, this will force the local clubs to be MORE involved with each event.
                            I dont see that as being a bad thing, necessarily

As Ive said, I will be contacting ALL the TD's and see exactly where we will go from here.
                            I will update with info when there is some..

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
                              Ultimately, this will force the local clubs to be MORE involved with each event.
                              I dont see that as being a bad thing, necessarily
                              I believe the Bellingers' might have forseen this too.
                              Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                              Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X