X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDGA Event Record For One Weekend

Just noticed there are 42ish events on the schedule for this weekend.

Anyone know what the record for sanctioned events in a weekend is?
    Read this ^

You're not the only one who noticed

Thanks for choosing Spokane.

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
      Anyone know what the record for sanctioned events in a weekend is?
      My guess would be the Worlds Biggest Weekend that tops the list.
      "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.”

Comment

Except that's not PDGA I don't think...
        “I believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know — Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, that’s in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, I’ll know I’m a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? I’m not sure, but it’s possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.”
        ~Annika Sörenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          Ya what he said!
          PDGA # 31451
          2 Mini Aces
          74 Aces
          PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
          DISC GOLF OR DIE
          BOB CABAL
          DISCVANGO
          JEFF ELLIOT
          G-MAN
          JORDAN LEWIS
          JEFF HAGERTY
          JAMES GARCELON
          SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

There were 67 events on the weekend of May 12th this year... most courtesy of the Women's Global Event .
            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
              There were 67 events on the weekend of May 12th this year... most courtesy of the Women's Global Event .
              Good point. I wonder how many there were during the first global event. I'd look it up, but don't recall the date. Seems it was July or Aug a couple of years ago????

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

True, looked it up and it was 38 Events last year (Sanctioned)
                Last edited by Jason Philips; June 1st, 2012, 03:16 PM. Reason: Removing my speculation and adding facts
                "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.”

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  Good point. I wonder how many there were during the first global event. I'd look it up, but don't recall the date. Seems it was July or Aug a couple of years ago????
                  Jason, look that up for us!
                  Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                  Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                  Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                  Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                  Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me if the Women's Global event produced the weekend with the highest number of sanctioned events ever. The Global last August only had 15 events that participated versus 41 for the Women.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
                      Wouldn't surprise me if the Women's Global event produced the weekend with the highest number of sanctioned events ever. The Global last August only had 15 events that participated versus 41 for the Women.

Girls Rule

The WGE was a great event to be a part of, for sure

Comment

46 events Aug 17-23 2011

Comment

Very interesting. Thinking the weekend, monthly, quarterly etc. statistics would be a pretty good indicator of sport growth. Total volume of participants for each would also be interesting to trend over time.
                          Read this ^

Comment

Very interesting. Thinking the weekend, monthly, quarterly etc. statistics would be a pretty good indicator of sport growth. Total volume of participants for each would also be interesting to trend over time.

I think there are too many variables. Weather by region, clinics in weeks before sanctioned events, stores starting to carry selections of plastic, new course installs, and I am sure there are more that could seriously impact the numbers.

Comment

PDGA obviously tracks and updates the number of events by tier level at each of their ~monthly board meetings. They track the number of events as the number per year to date and compare to last year at the same time. A little summary table is inlcuded in most of the meeting minutes like this last one.

No data there with respect to number of participants though.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X