X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDGA Website

PDGA can we get a website that can handle at least 50K hits? I mean can the NT's really bring the website to a screeching hault. I would of posted this on PDGA.com if it would load!
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

I agree. We've put with this crap for long enough.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

yea makes me look forward to giving them $$$ for what......

oh yea so i can play in the Fling

anyway how is it that they can not handle the load and y the F was there no DGPtv coverage of the Masters Cup NT Event yea lets not broadcast this 1.....glad pdga is spending the same as before
      "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

I could be wrong, but I thought they weren't broadcasting at the Master's so they could do the Fling? Budget and what not?!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
          I could be wrong, but I thought they weren't broadcasting at the Master's so they could do the Fling? Budget and what not?!

i asked why no MC coverage on borgbook and here was the answer.....

We'd love to do all the NTs, but it was just not in the budget for this year. June promises to be a great month with plans for the KC Wide Open and possibly Beaver State Fling! Thanks for your note thought Scott. --John D
          "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Broadcast aside, why can't we make this website work? Its a giant pain in the browser. I understand the DGTV budget and selecting certain events to broadcast and that is their deal but the PDGA website should work 90% of the time not 10% of the time.

I mean how many people were really checking the website for the Masters scores at the same time 20-25K. I don't care if 50K are checking it there should be more fluidity. If the database that houses the data for these events is slow and out of date then replace it or create a temp data database and a permanent data database. This entire debacle is a ridiculous problem to have. If volunteers can not get it done in a reasonable amount of time then pay someone already. At least if we are paying we can make proper demands.

Man what would major sites like ESPN do if they could only stream video to 20K users? We are not even streaming video its simple static pages updated from a database. Where is the cache to handle the load. Arrggg!
            Last edited by Flash; May 22nd, 2012, 03:24 PM.
            PDGA #25296
            Stumptown #34

Comment

I hear change to the website is coming soon!

Comment

Originally posted by leefou View Post
                Let's hope it is for the better!!

...I would love to be able to PDGA stalk my friends a little more efficiently.

Comment

Last I heard, it would completly re-vamped by Nov 2011.

Comment

Speaking of... the site is currently at a crawl.

All I want to do is waste my morning looking at tourney registrations and ratings. Why can't the PDGA give me that!?!?

Comment

it is an epic fail. I dont see myself renewing next year.
                      www.rewindb.com

Comment

I can't even get the home page to load right now. Tried many computers, many connections, many browsers...
                        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

You mean it's going to get even worse?
                          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Well I just submitted a slightly amended RCO player list to the pdga site. The wheels are spinning maybe when I wake up it will be done uploading. Fingers crossed.

Should we be making plans to calculate our own ratings for the RCO and put them on rosecityopen.com? Jordan can we borrow your TDG files?

PDGA if that catastrophe you have going on is not fixed by Saturday can our players have their player fee refunded?

Comment

The PDGA made an official announcement today about the website outage over the last 2-3 weeks.

http://www.pdga.com/announcements/website-outages

I also received a very nice email from Steve Ganz about the issue. I am adopting a wait and see attitude at this point. Not sure what life Steve can breath into the old site structure that can keep it up to technology standards these days so I am hoping for a new site developed within the next calendar year.
                              PDGA #25296
                              Stumptown #34

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X