Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P.s. I hate all this follow on Twitter crap. Do live scoring like you used to so I don't have to sign up for some 3rd party b.s.

Comment

Originally posted by Lund View Post
      Jordan can we borrow your TDG files?
      you should be able to grab any round ratings file off the TDG group, delete the names, ratings and scores and enter the new data and be good to go. It won't be exact like the ones from the pdga website td report but it will be close enough.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
      Or does here stand the last remaining man
      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
        The PDGA made an official announcement today about the website outage over the last 2-3 weeks.

http://www.pdga.com/announcements/website-outages

I also received a very nice email from Steve Ganz about the issue. I am adopting a wait and see attitude at this point. Not sure what life Steve can breath into the old site structure that can keep it up to technology standards these days so I am hoping for a new site developed within the next calendar year.
        Thanks for keeping the faith, Michael. Last week was a nightmare filled with hardware failures, hacker attacks, and very little sleep. The good news is no data was compromised and we were finally able to get to the root of the problem on Thursday afternoon. The better news is that we identified some critical areas for performance optimization (which is something I've been spending a lot of time on over the past few months). After days of system tuning and refactoring code, the site was fully stabilized on Friday morning and has literally never been faster. It's most noticeable when viewing a player's statistics page. It is now an average of 200% to 300% faster than it was a month ago at this time.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...thank you for your continued patience. I know it's worn thin. Mine was too and that it why I decided to join the PDGA as Technology Director in an effort to make all of this better. I won't stop until the job is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Lund View Post
          Well I just submitted a slightly amended RCO player list to the pdga site. The wheels are spinning maybe when I wake up it will be done uploading. Fingers crossed.

Should we be making plans to calculate our own ratings for the RCO and put them on rosecityopen.com? Jordan can we borrow your TDG files?

PDGA if that catastrophe you have going on is not fixed by Saturday can our players have their player fee refunded?
          We had everything fixed just in time for the long weekend. I hope everything worked well for you. Let me know if you had any problems during the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
            P.s. I hate all this follow on Twitter crap. Do live scoring like you used to so I don't have to sign up for some 3rd party b.s.
            You don't have to sign up for Twitter to follow the updates and we still do live scoring the way we used to! Whenever there are tournaments with live scoring available, a big shiny red button that says "Live Scoring" appears on the home page.

By the way, this weekend we'll have all sorts of coverage from the Kansas City Wide Open including live streaming video from discgolfplanet.tv

Comment

Welcome to this forum Steve, and thanks for joining the discussion. I think it's taking a while for everyone in the disc golf universe to understand that it really DOES seem like we finally have someone at PDGA.com who is diligently working to solve the problem and is openly communicating about it. As you know, you inherited a huge mess that festered for years and that heritage is going to be with you for some time. Many if not most PDGA discussion forum users gave up reading that forum because of the website problems, so they haven't seen you communicating regularly on the topic.

Please continue your good work and know that people do appreciate it. And please check in here once in a while and keep answering questions. If you wanted to (you might not want to) you could start a "Ask PDGA Technology Director Steve Ganz" thread, and then set up notifications for that thread so that you could know when someone is asking PDGA website or tech questions.

Thanks for what you do!
              Last edited by Matt B.; May 30th, 2012, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by steveganz View Post
                We had everything fixed just in time for the long weekend. I hope everything worked well for you. Let me know if you had any problems during the tournament.
                Steve-
                The website performed perfectly during our event this past weekend. Uploading scores took but a minute each time, including once from the course using a portable wifi hotspot device that utilized a cell phone signal.

Thanks for the improvements, your feedback and communication here, and for absorbing the criticism along the way.
                -Eric Lund

Comment

Thanks for the support, guys. The PDGA Discussion Board in it's current state will likely go away once we are able to provide better ways to communicate on the new platform.

I'm subscribed to this thread and would be happy to field any questions you might have right here.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the BSF!

Comment

Steve, do you think the technical issues could have resulted in some loss of data? I'm just wondering because I was looking up some statistics and noticed that there was missing information.

Comment

No data was lost but please email me at sganz@pdga.com with details so I can investigate.

Comment

Pretty sure I was a 1000 rated player before the crash.

Seriously - thanks to Steve for taking on a thankless job.

Comment

Has anybody noticed how smoothly and quick the website has been recently, even during worlds!?! good work guys.
                          Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by mowens404 View Post
                            Has anybody noticed how smoothly and quick the website has been recently, even during worlds!?! good work guys.
                            Thanks! We're seeing record breaking traffic too. Upwards of 80% more than the last combined Worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by mowens404 View Post
                              YES, YES, YES!!
                              It has been great during worlds. Also loving the live update to keep track of the lead cards. Thanks Steve Ganz!

Comment

steve if you can please next take care of the glitchy dgptv coverage, so i have a reason to maybe give them my money next year.

i followed the twitter feeds today and on my end it seems to update almost as fast as the live dgptv feed from kc earlier this year.
                                "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X