X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jub are you trying to be mean? You were not at the DRO how could you say anything about what happened? She has never dropped out of a tournament ever before that is why she tried to play. And for saying she is not a pro player and slowed the tournament down, maybe you should look at your own skills and you see that she played rounds rated to what fits with in your own average, also the fact that you have knee braces on and cannot hardly move. Then look at her average round ratings and see the skill difference between you, then talk about pro status. However if you still think you are rite then according to your own logic you should not play.
    By the way I don’t thinks the player in question even know that she is being talked about on this forum. So why talk crap? It’s a simple question other people are mad because if they get hurt they want to be able to get a full refund.
    Disc golf is about having fun please don’t ruin it for everyone. please just stick to the questions this is not intended as a place to talk crap about someone who has only had nice thing to say about you, but now I guess that she will find out what type of person you really are

Comment

TDs and the PDGA

TDs around the world do the work that fills the coffers of the PDGA in return for little or nothing. In comparison to this 'little or nothing' they get in return for all the requirements a TD must meet, the commitment on the part of a professional competitor is nominal; they don't even have to finish the job......The section in the competition manual regarding withdrawals is a procedure that spells out what each parties' responsibilities are. Everyone involved should read and understand these procedures and be prepared to abide or this game will remain in the sandbox.

Comment

Originally posted by sankor76 View Post
        Jub are you trying to be mean? You were not at the DRO how could you say anything about what happened? She has never dropped out of a tournament ever before that is why she tried to play. And for saying she is not a pro player and slowed the tournament down,
        No, I was not trying to be mean. The entire week before DRO this player (gender and skill not important) and how it could effect the other 94 players who ALSO SIGNED UP. I just don't get it When I am hurt I don't play. Keep my entry fee as sponsorship.

. And for saying she is not a pro player and slowed the tournament down, maybe you should look at your own skills and you see that she played rounds rated to what fits with in your own average, also the fact that you have knee braces on and cannot hardly move. Then look at her average round ratings and see the skill difference between you, then talk about pro status. However if you still think you are rite then according to your own logic you should not play.
        I am not a Pro Player never have been never will be! Yes, my knees are bad but they have never kept me from thinking and working for the benefit of others.

By the way I donít thinks the player in question even know that she is being talked about on this forum. So why talk crap? Itís a simple question other people are mad because if they get hurt they want to be able to get a full refund.
        If I wanted to talk crap I would have said her name. So Say your in a soccer league and you break your arm the week before it starts, You have paid your fees do you deserve a full refund of those fees?

Disc golf is about having fun
        For as many people possible
        rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
          TDs around the world do the work that fills the coffers of the PDGA in return for little or nothing. In comparison to this 'little or nothing' they get in return for all the requirements a TD must meet, the commitment on the part of a professional competitor is nominal; they don't even have to finish the job......The section in the competition manual regarding withdrawals is a procedure that spells out what each parties' responsibilities are. Everyone involved should read and understand these procedures and be prepared to abide or this game will remain in the sandbox.
          G. These criteria may be relaxed at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
          Relax and enjoy your hair
          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

No reward for a TD means keep players money whenever possible.. When I played the 350 person Beaver State Fling I over heard a player talking to the TD about an hour before the beginning of the event. This player had an knee injury. The TD offered a full refund to the player. To bad they didn't seek any compensation..
            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
              No, I was not trying to be mean. The entire week before DRO this player (gender and skill not important) and how it could effect the other 94 players who ALSO SIGNED UP. I just don't get it When I am hurt I don't play. Keep my entry fee as sponsorship.

I am not a Pro Player never have been never will be! Yes, my knees are bad but they have never kept me from thinking and working for the benefit of others.

If I wanted to talk crap I would have said her name. So Say your in a soccer league and you break your arm the week before it starts, You have paid your fees do you deserve a full refund of those fees?

For as many people possible

you did not have to say her name we all know who you are talking about, and how do you think she will feel if she sees this?

the refund is not a rule its a guideline, and its the rite thing to do.

a lot of us asked her why she played DRO left handed. she said because she wanted to support the women players and that she knew that if she played that 3 places would receive payout instead of 2. sounds like a player who is very supportive of her sport.

as for you comment that your skill level and bad knees don not hurt the sport but you help the sport. that is a Joke!!! we have all been stuck behind you and the weight is insane. most of all this mean attitude that has been seen time after time on this forum only hurts the sport and the players. how do you think that she will feel after she finds out what you have been saying?

if you want to help make an apology and do something that helps players and the game, maybe like trying to get the TD to give a full refund, because it is not breaking the rule

Comment

do something that helps players and the game, maybe like trying to get the TD to give a full refund, because it is not breaking the rule
                I am not taking sides in any personal battles here, I just like to discuss the PDGA rules and how our sport is run. But I think that you are unclear on the meaning of the words:at the discretion of the Tournament Director

To you it seems to mean "ignore all of the above, we just had some extra time on our hands and decided to make up these rules to pass the time."

If it is truly at the discretion of the Tournament Director then maybe you shouldn't be complaining when the rules are enforced.

You could, of course, choose to not patronize this TD's events in the future if you think this decision is so wrong it outweighs all of the other things the TD does to make a fun event for all. That is your call.

Again, I am not involved in this dispute one way or the other and in no way is this an attack against you personally, I just used your quote to make my point.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                Or does here stand the last remaining man
                To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                  I am not taking sides in any personal battles here, I just like to discuss the PDGA rules and how our sport is run. But I think that you are unclear on the meaning of the words:at the discretion of the Tournament Director

To you it seems to mean "ignore all of the above, we just had some extra time on our hands and decided to make up these rules to pass the time."

If it is truly at the discretion of the Tournament Director then maybe you shouldn't be complaining when the rules are enforced.

You could, of course, choose to not patronize this TD's events in the future if you think this decision is so wrong it outweighs all of the other things the TD does to make a fun event for all. That is your call.

Again, I am not involved in this dispute one way or the other and in no way is this an attack against you personally, I just used your quote to make my point.

I understand what you think, and I understand that it is not a rule its just something that the TD can chose to do or not. My only problem is that someone made very rude comments about someone who did deserve it, and she never asked this question to be raised. because this is something that is up to the TD, I understood that this question was asked to see how many people think that it is the rite decision to make. I would like to see it just go back to that and not make personal attacks on the player in question or on the TD.
                  thanks

Comment

Consistant

Bob has been holding events in Spokane for years now and this is by no means the first time this issue has come up. To the letter Bob has complied with the procedures the PDGA has set forth on this topic. To the best of my knowledge any funds retained by the tournament from players withdrawing has stayed in the event and has gone towards the general purse, food service , or some other immediate player benefit. The common wheal turns yet again. Gordy

Comment

I understand what you think, and I understand that it is not a rule
                      Actually it is a rule. It is rule 1.3 E in fact. And the fact that rule 1.3 G is there to give the TD some discretion in applying the rule does not invalidate the original rule.

I understood that this question was asked to see how many people think that it is the right decision to make.
                      It really doesn't matter what anybody thinks about the decision. It is the TDs call and it follows the rules set out for this situation. Add to that, the fact that the TD has applied this rule many times in the past and been consistent in its application across the board, there should be no need for further discussion unless you are trying to propose a change to the rule.

And again, since starting my last post out with this statement didn't seem to get my point across: Not only am I not taking sides on any personal battles here (I am doing my best to avoid any of that mire that seems to bubble up every time there is a discussion on these boards), all of the people involved: both players and TDs are irrelevant.

Rules exist for this situation.
                      Rules were followed when the situation arose.
                      End of discussion.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                      Or does here stand the last remaining man
                      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

deffinately refund the money. i think a full refund is appropriate for any player withdrawls up until the day of the tournament. sometimes we have accidents or unforseen cirqumstances come up out of our control, it is wrong to hold any money back for stuff like that when refunding money to a player.
                        Team HOSER:dancing:
                        Team OLY:cheerleader:
                        Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

I have dropped out of two tournaments, one to injury and one to family stuff. I received refund for one and no refund for the other. I was not expecting a refund from either of them because the TD has enough on their plate just running the tournament.

If you buy a ticket to see an event, you don't get a refund if you are too sick to go or twisted your ankle. You payed for your spot and that is final! You can try to sell it, but if it is too close to the event sometimes that is hard to coordinate.

So, in conclusion, Follow the "guidelines" in the RULE book and there shouldn't be any problems, concerns or these foolish discussions because there is no issue!

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy #21004
                            As usual Jeremy Scott Thornton wants to talk shit on Bob. Case closed
                            Jeremy wants to take the instance of an arm that was broken in April before that player played in two local PDGA events and turn it into a boycott of a third event. This is sad with a capital BS. We all know that Jeremy is trying to resurrect his title as consultant with the DGU and morph that into a larger regional viewpoint, but please, Jeremy, would you respect the rest of us that have ongoing PDGA business ? I feel more sorry for Melody having to witness your making political hay out of this than the $ 50 it cost her to withdraw(which has not been finalized) When it comes right down to cost analysis why don't you just sign up, then DNF, and then be in the parking lot to sell your wares as everyone else comes in from their rounds. .
                            I've been out of town in Hot Springs for the last 2 days playing a really fun event at a truly unique location. If you'd like to see what happens as this path that has been taken continues to alienate disc golfers all over the region ask yourself where are the 30-40 disc golfers from Montana that used to show up to our event's on a regular basis. How is it that 980-1020 rated golfers that would drive 8-10 hours to go play an "A" tier in Portland or Colorado won't come 3-5 to play here. As far as the rest of the crap your trying to dump on me it's all smoke, I've seen you exhale on a regular basis.
                            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

While I'm in favor of a TD refunding entry fees, I feel that staying consistent is the fairest way. It would be unfair to make exceptions IMO.

Let's all be a bit more diplomatic, and not let these forums become any more ODSAish.
                              Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Hi all, I didn't even know that this storm was going on over here. It has been my practice to follow the PDGA Competition Manual concerning withdrawals as long as I have been a PDGA Tournament Director.

Melodie signed up for the LCO after her arm was broken. Twelve days before the tournament she called and asked to withdraw. Knowing that she had a broken arm perhaps she should have consulted her Doctor about competing in the Women's Global Tournament. It was in that event that she re-injured her arm.

I stand by my decision and have sent Melodie a check for half of her entry fee and her Ace Pot entry as per PDGA Competition Manual 1.3 E regarding withdrawals.

I run fun, well sponsored tournaments with lots of free stuff for all to enjoy. Thanks for the input from the poll, it has been duly noted.

Bob
                                Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X