• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 smoking policy

http://www.pdga.com/announcements/2012-smoking-policy

as a smoker. i like the ideal.

Comment

I totaly agree. If we the PDGA members wish for the sport to grow, then tobacco use must go away. I am a smoker and I do need to quit, its just plain stupid.
      Hukin since 1992
      DGOD #115

Comment

Once again the PDGA leads the way and sets a good example for the young people. It's not ok to drink, smoke, or toke after the 2 minute warning. (unless you hide out in a predetermined area) Which of course then means it IS ok to do all of the above PRIOR to the 2 minute warning. (and don't forget you get to hide out somewhere on the course and do it.)

Bob

Comment

As a chain smoker during slow play, it was going to take this to make me stop.
          It won't be easy, but I agree 100%.

Comment

A quote from that policy:

"PDGA 2012 Majors are the only tournaments that this policy applies to. They are as follows: Pro/Am World Championships, U.S. Amateur National Championships, Stockholm Open, U.S. Masters Championship, U.S. Women’s Championship, PDGA Championship, and the USDGC."
            The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
              As a chain smoker during slow play, it was going to take this to make me stop.
              It won't be easy, but I agree 100%.
              Planning on playing a lot of majors next year?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                Planning on playing a lot of majors next year?

Planning on saying something snide each time I post?
                I have some of Sam's soup I'll send to you.

Comment

One would think for consistency of image that the non-smoking restriction should extend to tournament staff, officials and spotters between the 2-minute warning and the end of the round. That might be difficult to uphold in the heart of tobacco country where the Worlds will be hosted next year. And for tee time start rounds, I presume that means no smoking all day by any player once the first group tees off except at designated puff points?

Comment

What about chewin' tobaccer? Will we start to see less cig butts and more spit around the tee areas?

I'd assume e-cigs would be included in this ban.

Bob, do you expect the PDGA to police what goes on outside of said 'competition'? I don't think they're sending the message that they condone these habits. Where would you suggest they draw the line?
                    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                      Planning on saying something snide each time I post?
                      I have some of Sam's soup I'll send to you.
                      PDGA # 31451
                      2 Mini Aces
                      75 Aces
                      PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
                      DISC GOLF OR DIE
                      BOB CABAL
                      DISCVANGO
                      JEFF ELLIOT
                      G-MAN
                      JORDAN LEWIS
                      JEFF HAGERTY
                      JAMES GARCELON
                      SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                        What about chewin' tobaccer? Will we start to see less cig butts and more spit around the tee areas?

Bob, do you expect the PDGA to police what goes on outside of said 'competition'? I don't think they're sending the message that they condone these habits. Where would you suggest they draw the line?
                        I would draw the line at: from the time you step into Tournament Central, or onto the course. I'm a smoker and willing to forgo having that smoke if it indeed sends a clear message that the PDGA does not condone it. IMHO

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post

It does apply to chewing tobacco and e-cigs. . No spit cups or bottles.
                          PDGA President

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca View Post
                            It does apply to chewing tobacco and e-cigs. . No spit cups or bottles.
                            Then shouldn't it be a tobacco policy instead of a non-smoking policy?
                            Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

This frustrates me actually. Sure I smoke and I make efforts to be respectful of those around me, but unless it is against some actual law who is to tell me where I can and can't smoke? Chewing is perfectly legit in baseball (last I looked into it) as is smoking in PGA play. The reason you don't see it on t.v. is because the television companies aren't allowed to show it. But what do I know!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X