X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon Disc golf hall of fame

while at the worlds, the Disc Golf Hall of fame members suggested that all the states create their own hall of fame. If anyone agrees that Oregon needs one, then we can work on the Bylaws to support this.

To that end, I would like to nominate the Jerry Miller and Keith Schupp to two of the four positions that I think we should fill this year. That way they can help with the drafting of the Bylaws.

Do I hear a second on this motion?

Thanks - Pop Tufty

Originally posted by pop View Post
    while at the worlds, the Disc Golf Hall of fame members suggested that all the states create their own hall of fame. If anyone agrees that Oregon needs one, then we can work on the Bylaws to support this.

To that end, I would like to nominate the Jerry Miller and Keith Schupp to two of the four positions that I think we should fill this year. That way they can help with the drafting of the Bylaws.

Thanks - Pop Tufty

Second!

Comment

Jerry Miller
      Keith Schupp
      Yes... for Northern Oregon. No question.

And let us not forget...
      Steve "Yoseman" Wright
      for Southern Oregon.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        Jerry Miller
        Keith Schupp
        Jerry and Keith were the first two names that popped into my mind also.

Comment

Quoted from sam:
          ---- And let us not forget...
          ---- Steve "Yoseman" Wright
          ---- for Southern Oregon.

I second that selection, which takes us to three.

Pop

Comment

I like all 3 choices!! what parameters do we want to set for inclusion of inductees?

1 promoters of the sport
            2 people who bring new players into the sport
            3 people who throw and score well
            4 volunteer efforts exceeding most others
            5 what is number 5.....ideas?????

Comment

You could make the argument for bruce, granny and sasquatch
              rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                You could make the argument for bruce, granny and sasquatch
                Granny and Sasquatch were before my time but I would second the Bear wrestler!

Comment

I think Sisson would make an excellent 4th.
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Ask the 3 folks mentioned who should be the fourth!

Comment

Jerry Miller,Keith Schupp, Steve "Yoseman" Wright, Tom Embree, Bruce Sisson, and yes the originator of the Eugene disc golf club Gary "Sasquatch" Helvig. Other notables for ~Swami, Roller Bob, Wayne-Tom, Roland VanBiber, I could keep going...

Comment

Tom Embree! Too bad he lives in Washington now... but he did do a lot for Central Oregon golf back in the day...
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                          Ask the 3 folks mentioned who should be the fourth!
                          I like this idea, but the previously mentioned three have to accept the nominations first. If you guys are browsing, please accept your nomination and we can move this forward.

Comment

I like this idea, but the previously mentioned three have to accept the nominations first.
                            Just talked to Miller and he accepted.

Comment

Thanks - Pop Tufty

So it looks like we have a great list started for nomination into the Oregon Disc Golf "Hall of Fame".

Maybe a dumb question/s here but I'll throw it out there anyway. Will those inducted be given a plaque? A special gift? Or.......just the honor of knowing they are "in"? Will there be a physical location where a plaque or trophy is kept with the names of those inducted? If yes to either of the questions, then where will the money come from? Will there be an event to Officially welcome them into the OHF?

I personally like the idea of an Oregon Hall of Fame and do like the idea that those inducted receive at the very least a plaque with their name on it, and maybe even a plaque that each year a new tag can be added for future recipiants be kept in a safe and accessible place.

Please share ideas, yay or nay! If money is needed to get this off the ground, count me in for $20.

Bob

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X