Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
    Yeah right mr towel and a mini for first place
    JubScamSayWhat?
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
      Because it is the Oregon Hall of Fame does it mean they have to currently LIVE in Oregon? Because they currently live elsewhere does it in any way diminish their accomplishments and what they did for Oregon Disc Golf? I don't feel like that should be a determining factor. Just my 2 cents!
      Nope. Tax-paying citizen of the state for life or they are banned! Banned, I tell you!

(I totally agree with you, by the way. Who is that douchebag arguing otherwise?)
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        JubScamSayWhat?
        Don't worry Mr TD your day of mental anguish is arriving sooner than you think
        rewindb.com

Comment

What about Lance "Gingerroot" Redfern. The kid wins throwing sidearm of all things and putts with his funky foot forward. All kidding aside, a true gentleman and class act.
          Putting......heh...EASIEST THING IN THE WORLD!

Comment

Originally posted by DanD View Post
            Brian @ Next Adventure offered to house the HoF. He's willing to put plaques/discs honoring each inductee on the wall of the store.
            That sounds great, as Steve Pierre said that we could not do this at Champoeg park. I think that we should ask the HoF members where they would like to display their gloryness.

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
              Because it is the Oregon Hall of Fame does it mean they have to currently LIVE in Oregon? Because they currently live elsewhere does it in any way diminish their accomplishments and what they did for Oregon Disc Golf? I don't feel like that should be a determining factor. Just my 2 cents!

Bob
              I would say no and no, but in an effort to answer this question, I poked around a bit to other DGHoF sites, and the PDGA HoF was the only one I could find. I took the liberty of a little cut and paste (and editing) to arrive at this proposed charter.

At the risk of a "design by committee", I will post it now:

THE HALL OF FAME CHARTER
              The Oregon Disc Golf Hall of Fame seeks to honor outstanding contributors to the sport of disc golf by annually inducting individuals nominated and selected by a duly empowered Board of Directors.

Oregon Hall of Fame inductees shall be judged to fit the following standards:
              ē Favorable standing and an honorable reputation within the disc golf community.
              ē Made significant contributions to the sport of disc golf through development, promotion, leadership, or sportsmanship that merit recognition, remembrance and respect.

The Board of Directors shall be comprised of a Chairman and three Directors. The chairman of the Board shall serve the Board until he chooses to remove himself. A departing Chairman may either appoint a successor a direct the incumbent Board members to nominate and elect a new Chairman. Each Director shall serve the Board until he or she chooses to remove him/herself. A Director may be removed from the Board if he receives fewer than seventy five percent of members votes of confidence should such a vote be called and seconded by the Board members. When a Directorís position becomes vacant, nominees for a replacement will be accepted from the incumbent board members.

If for any reason fewer than four Board positions are filled and available for voting, the Chairman of the Board may at his or her discretion unilaterally appoint replacements to the Board Members.

The Board of Directors shall convene at least once a year (in person and/or by mail, telephone, etc.) to conduct the business of administering the Oregon Disc Golf Hall of Fame. Yearly inductees shall be announced at the biggest tournament of the year in Oregon (most likely the Beaver State Fling).

Comment

Originally posted by loki View Post
                David Vargas!
                Havent heard that name in awhile...

Comment

I vote for Mr Treelove himself. His calendar is a cornerstone of my disc golf existence.....nice guy too....
                  If not this year, surely in the future?

Comment

Pop,s I love you and all the hard work you have put into the hall of fame. It is hard to believe that we have been playing this sport for so long that we need a hall of fame. Im so young still and have alot to give to this great sport but dont ask me to cut black berry,s any more I have over 4000 hours of that alone.
                    X - Man

Comment

Originally posted by keith_shupp View Post
                      Pop,s I love you and all the hard work you have put into the hall of fame. It is hard to believe that we have been playing this sport for so long that we need a hall of fame. Im so young still and have alot to give to this great sport but dont ask me to cut black berry,s any more I have over 4000 hours of that alone.
                      It is the least I can do to pay back the contributors to the sport's growth. Here is a sneak preview for all the folks that cannot make it to the Fling tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by pop View Post
                        It is the least I can do to pay back the contributors to the sport's growth. Here is a sneak preview for all the folks that cannot make it to the Fling tomorrow.
                        Pops,
                        All I can say is: Thanks!
                        Thanks for taking the time to help all of us recognize the founders of Oregon Disc Golf.
                        And what a great venue to unveil the plaque than an example of the heights that Oregon golf has reached: The Beaver State Fling.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
                          Pops,
                          All I can say is: Thanks!
                          Thanks for taking the time to help all of us recognize the founders of Oregon Disc Golf.
                          And what a great venue to unveil the plaque than an example of the heights that Oregon golf has reached: The Beaver State Fling.
                          Thank you Steve for getting this HOF thing started, there have been many worthy people who have been instrumental in the growth of this great lifestyle. There are so many that have not built the love, but have complained while not participating at a level that remotely nears the efforts of those that have been inducted. Good choices so far in my humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by hyzerbomb View Post
                            Thank you Steve for getting this HOF thing started, there have been many worthy people who have been instrumental in the growth of this great lifestyle. There are so many that have not built the love, but have complained while not participating at a level that remotely nears the efforts of those that have been inducted. Good choices so far in my humble opinion.
                            Yet another reason why Bruce should be included
                            rewindb.com

Comment

Yoseman was inducted at the WBDS.
                              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                                Yoseman was inducted at the WBDS.
                                Cool, glad to hear that! Well earned of course.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X