X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
    Maybe a dumb question/s here but I'll throw it out there anyway. Will those inducted be given a plaque? A special gift? Or.......just the honor of knowing they are "in"? Will there be a physical location where a plaque or trophy is kept with the names of those inducted? If yes to either of the questions, then where will the money come from? Will there be an event to Officially welcome them into the OHF?
    Hi Bob, once you are over 40 there are no dumb questions. That said, I think that a wall plaque AND their name on a perpetual trophy makes sense. How about presenting this at the Oregon State disc golf championships? I would think that some of the proceeds from the tournament could be used for this - it won't cost much, but that is just an idea. Perhaps this could be collected from the players on a volunteer basis, maybe as a seperate ace pot where instead of rolling the funds to a closest to the pin, unclaimed $ goes to the OHF fund. After all, the likely reason there is a tournament in the first place was with the ground work of the OHF members.

Not sure where to keep the perpetual trophy for most of the year, but a picture of it should find its way to a few courses and tournaments, at the least.

Keep the ideas flowing, Take some "creative juice" if you have to, but let's hear them.

Pop

Comment

I just had another idea, where the new members are honored with a bench in a golf course at a location decided upon by last year's inductees. Not sure about the other folks, by my tired feet could use a breather, and this way perhaps we could get more buy in from the rest of the tournament community if they could share this "bounty".

Comment

disc golf history

Originally posted by pop View Post
        I like this idea, but the previously mentioned three have to accept the nominations first. If you guys are browsing, please accept your nomination and we can move this forward.
        I accept with honor and some big, joyful tears. Thank you.

Perhaps we should start a thread on Oregon disc golf history, so folks could gain a better picture on when, who, where disc got started in Oregon.
        An example might be the Grants Pass area and Greg Guthrie.
        Mostly unheard of, this fella is the one who built most of the courses in the GP area.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by pop View Post
          I just had another idea, where the new members are honored with a bench in a golf course at a location decided upon by last year's inductees. Not sure about the other folks, by my tired feet could use a breather, and this way perhaps we could get more buy in from the rest of the tournament community if they could share this "bounty".
          I really like this idea. Great way to honor long-time contributions to the sport *while* improving courses too!

Comment

Brian @ Next Adventure offered to house the HoF. He's willing to put plaques/discs honoring each inductee on the wall of the store.

Comment

The Fairway Flyerz store houses the Minnesota Hall of Fame plaques and memorabilia. The Sandy Point Resort club house has the Wisconsin Hall of Fame. Just some ideas where it's being done already.

Comment

David Vargas!

Comment

What about champoeg park they have a great ranger station

Comment

Originally posted by George A. View Post
                    What about champoeg park they have a great ranger station
                    I just sent email to Steve Pierre to ask him about putting the perpetual trophy there. I think that it would be good to have a few spots where to display it proudly.

Comment

Originally posted by loki View Post
                      David Vargas!
                      Nice one! Big ups to Breakaway Disc, we built the foundation for the Milo McIver disc golf course we have today!
                      Last edited by TreeLove; September 12th, 2011, 07:34 AM.
                      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by loki View Post
                        David Vargas!
                        Yeah right mr towel and a mini for first place
                        rewindb.com

Comment

Black Bart Baby!

I would like to nominate Barton Snell as a HOF'er.
                          Bart amongst many other things, helped the sport to grow with his newsletters and websites.
                          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                          - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
                            I would like to nominate Barton Snell as a HOF'er.
                            Bart amongst many other things, helped the sport to grow with his newsletters and websites.
                            I like this call. Bart is a great guy and hell if he can put of with Schupp for all those years you deserve the HOF.

j/k Schupp

Kevin

Comment

Thanks Pop for the Nomination im proud to accept. Bart snell is one of the oldest disc golfers in the NW and has done great things for the sport so many it would take a long time to list them all.
                              X - Man

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                Tom Embree! Too bad he lives in Washington now... but he did do a lot for Central Oregon golf back in the day...
                                Because it is the Oregon Hall of Fame does it mean they have to currently LIVE in Oregon? Because they currently live elsewhere does it in any way diminish their accomplishments and what they did for Oregon Disc Golf? I don't feel like that should be a determining factor. Just my 2 cents!

Bob

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X