Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I signed up for the PDGA this morning. I thought the $50.00 was a little steep to join, but I think it is real important to support the sport and support PDGA. I just hope the people are friendly towards a Newbie to the sport. Happy Flying
    PDGA 38153
    STUMPTOWN 158

Comment

I renewed last night and they sent me an e-mail today saying my packet had been shipped. I waited a long time for my first one in '06, and like almost THREE MONTHS for my first Revo bag before that. Don't get too frustrated, it's worth the wait (especially if you get TWO) . Also remember they're still the sports only governing body so this stuff will happen.
      Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
      Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by topdawgy58 View Post
        Hey I am not complaining about not getting my stuff! I just been thinking about joining and saw the negative things people posted. So get off my case!
        If we all went by the "naysayers" posts on the internet.
        NOTHING would ever get done....ANYWHERE...not just in Disc Golf..

Welcome to the "Club"..

At least your expectations are low...

Comment

I finally received an email from the "membership" staff who advised me that there is no membership staff or department...thus the reason for the delay in getting any of my stuff to me for the past year. She did say that they were going to forward me all of the publications that I never received last year. I must say that it was nice to get some sort of response in the end.
          Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
            At least your expectations are low...:
            That's a sound starting position for anyone then at least
            ..."you can be pleasantly surprised!"...
            rewindb.com

Comment

if the pDGA had a feedback system like ebay what kind of reviews would they get?
              rewindb.com

Comment

every time I call PDGA headquarters, they answer the phone fast, and reply to all my questions and concerns immediately over the phone, anddd I'm doing it through relay. Imagine how much faster it is for you guys since no relay. Email is good, but PDGA headquarters is much better with answering the phone and helping you out. I waited about 2 months for my first ever PDGA new member package and its pretty nice to have.
                As far as fees goes, I think it's pretty cheap considering there's a full active staff helping run the PDGA on so llittle membership. Last time I looked there were only 4 thousand active members. For the PDGA to be more efficient and for the sport to grow mainstream recogniztion, cheapaxes need to start joining up and paying the fees etc. Disc Golf may be the fastest growing sport in the world but until we all start contributing to PDGA and to the courses finacially, we will be stuck in the mud trying to get the mainstream attention that we all so desire.
                Just as a note; DDGA has an executive board running the website everyday and is the governing body for Deaf tournaments and all the extra stuff etc. Membership fees are $20 for new, $10 for renew and all the work done for DDGA is volunteer. Sadly a big factor in the inability to grow more is the fact that a majority of Disc Golfers in the general population want to have the sport as cheap as possible.

Comment

It camr today

I recieved my packet today. I love the mini and the stratus disc. I have a rule book now so I can learn the rules. It was worth the wait.
                  PDGA 38153
                  STUMPTOWN 158

Comment

Originally posted by topdawgy58 View Post
                    I recieved my packet today. I love the mini and the stratus disc. I have a rule book now so I can learn the rules. It was worth the wait.
                    Wow good for you I am still waiting for mine from Nov. 20th At this point whatever I don't really care anymore. I am tierd of emailing them, and getting some BS about your packet had a re-ship this or, it was shipped on the old rates that. Anyway I guess it get here when it gets here.

Cindy
                    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                    Stumptown #176
                    PDGA #37716

Comment

I got my renewal packet yesterday, really surprised the hell out of me, I gotta say. I renewed a couple weeks ago, and got the email saying I'd get it in 1-3 weeks or whatever. I was expecting more like 2-3 months (that's what they've been in the past), but I was pleasantly surprised this time around. I know that before it was some external mailing service that was taking so long, so the PDGA wasn't to blame directly, but still, it really shouldn't take that long to put something in the mail. In a day and age when most stuff you order gets shipped in the same day, even a 2 week delay is still kind of a long time. I'm glad to see that they're improving on some counts...still got some work to do though.
                      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

We renewed in December and it took roughly 10 days to get our packets.

Comment

Is there anyone else that would like to post how quickly they got their packets? I'm sure Cindy appreciates it!

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
                            Is there anyone else that would like to post how quickly they got their packets? I'm sure Cindy appreciates it!
                            I don't mind gives me more ammo when I email them, which I just got through doing for again for about the 10th time It was not a nice little note either. I mean really how hard can it be to drop my new member packet in the mail. I mean were coming up on three months now.

Don't get me wrong I have loved all the PDGA events I have taken part in. I also love the idea of being able to track my progress, and getting my first rating was way cool. However this whole hassle with the new member packet is taking away from all the good stuff.

Well there is always next week, or next month, or at this rate next year.

Cindy
                            Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                            Stumptown #176
                            PDGA #37716

Comment

The good news in all of this is that from all the replies here it appears Cindy's is an isolated event and not the norm. You'll get it Cindy, be patient Grasshopper.

Bob

Comment

PDGA Disc

I got my packet acouple of days ago and in it was a Stratus. I thought cool I will try it out at the course. My first throw went long and into the brush.
                                It was really hard to find because it is black. I will never buy a black or a green disc because they are so hard to find. It can be laying right in front on me and I will not see it.
                                PDGA 38153
                                STUMPTOWN 158

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X