X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WA State Coordinator

Ater much consideration I am offering to run as a write in candiate for the Wa state Coordinator.

jub
    rewindb.com

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
    Ater much consideration I am offering to run as a write in candiate for the Wa state Coordinator.

jub
    For $500 I'll let you do it and you can be the title sponsor
    Relax and enjoy your hair
    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by lj jubner View Post
      ater much consideration i am offering to run as a write in candiate for the wa state coordinator.

Jub
      why would we as players want you to be our coordinator???????
      We all should take better care in our courses

Comment

Wow Jub~It seems like you live in your own little reality and after all your negative bashing here on the forum and bilking(csi~justify it all you want it wont do any good), your "after much consideration i am offering to run as a blah blah blah", who do think would actually vote for you? Have you lost your mind? Have you not read anything from anybody else here on the forum? All I can say is good luck with that and you dont have my vote...

Comment

OK. I think we have identified three votes against you, Jub. Still... a lot of disc golfers out there who... probably don't know you.

Kidding. I wish you the best of luck in your quest to be the... what was it... the pDGA state coordinator?
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Jub, are you going to post a detailed candidate's statement/platform here, or is there another location where voters can view that type of thing?
            anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

Let me tell ya something - I dig your work. Playing one side against the other, in bed with everybody - just fabulous stuff.
              Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude, 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                OK. I think we have identified three votes against you, Jub. Still... a lot of disc golfers out there who... probably don't know you.

Kidding. I wish you the best of luck in your quest to be the... what was it... the pDGA state coordinator?
                The reason why I use a lower case "p" for the pDGA is I believe they represent us unprofessionally. After reading the Shive post(s) I feel even MORE convinced. Two great examples are the national websites focus is as a revenue stream or an information platform and the Disc Golf center in Georgia

I First started DG back in 98 after retiring form competitive soccer.

My experience of being a small business owner for more then 20 years now has taught me skills that I beleive my I opponent does not poses yet. From simple to complex marketing campaigns, (Laugh if you want but) personal relationships are also one of my strengths. As a residential Window Cleaner I am providing a very personal service to my customers. Honesty and integrity are critical to the success or failure of any endeavour that's the reason why I retain customers 15+ years. The highest form of professionalism is not just a referral but actually have them continue to use you when they move. A thick skin is also one of my strengths

As I said marketing and promotion are what we need most right now, How to bridge the gap between mainstream business and the Disc Golf community. Not just passing the hat. I would like to beleive that the current "What is DG" Tri fold sprang from the prototype I showed Theo back in the spring of 2001. I am currently working on a Revenue Stream project that will revolutionize DG

Volunteerism in WA
                1. Since 2000 I have given a minimum of 150 hrs to the sport. Another claim my opponent can not make.
                2. 1999-2001 North Park Mineral Springs project
                3. 2002-2005 Terrace Creek and Lakewood
                4. 2005-present SeaTac and Twin Rivers in Arlington
                5. 2010 Headed up the Silver Lake project

Volunteerism in OR.
                Helped install the tees at Trojan

Fundraising
                1. 2000 Held the Jub Open in support Terrace Creek
                2. 2008 Provided the Basket Fund Raffle Prize for Mossy Roc
                3. 2008-10 Offered BYOP in support of Mossy Roc,Twin Rivers and SeaTac
                4. 2010 Brain stormed and executed the Instant Win Basket Toss for the INWS

Assistant Tournament Director experience
                Assistant to Guy Dahmen
                1. Terrace Creek Opens from 2000-2003
                2. Jet Wash Opens 2004-2010.
                3. Man Friday at LCO and City Cup 2008-2011

Tournament Director experience
                1. 1994-2010 The Woodrow Invitational Ball Golf Tournament
                2. 2003-2004 St Patrick's Open at Lakewood
                3. 2005-present Cool Shoez Invitational at SeaTac
                4. 2008-10 Winter BYOP Doubles

I was the one who experimented with
                1. Trophy Only for Am's, Ladies and Age protected divisions
                2. Trophy Only for first place.
                3. Test Drives of Manufactures plastic
                4. Most in depth tee signs
                5. Installing distance markers on fairways
                6. Most in depth flyer's and the one who made publishing of fees standard.
                7. Offered the first legitimate FlyMart
                8. Offered and executed Split weekends
                9. Illuminated the hypocrisy of skimming the Am's for the Pros by actually declaring and then collecting equally TD compensation.
                10. Developed one of the few nationally launched "Marketing of the DG player" surveys
                11. Continued belief that the lack of Tournament evaluation is our biggest liability

I am a current member of the
                1. Spokane Disc Golf Association
                2. Garden City Flyer's
                3. Chainbangerz
                4. Honorary member of both the Trojan Nation and Lucky Mud
                5. past member of the Tacoma now Pierce County DGPA.

In closing
                Our sport is growing by leaps and bounds most in a positive direction but some are negative. Our focus should be on identifying problems and shortcomings, solving them by not repeating them.

Long live San Dimas
                rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                  The reason why I use a lower case "p" for the pDGA is I believe they represent us unprofessionally. After reading the Shive post(s) I feel even MORE convinced. Two great examples are the national websites focus is as a revenue stream or an information platform and the Disc Golf center in Georgia

I First started DG back in 98 after retiring form competitive soccer.

My experience of being a small business owner for more then 20 years now has taught me skills that I beleive my I opponent does not poses yet. From simple to complex marketing campaigns, (Laugh if you want but) personal relationships are also one of my strengths. As a residential Window Cleaner I am providing a very personal service to my customers. Honesty and integrity are critical to the success or failure of any endeavour that's the reason why I retain customers 15+ years. The highest form of professionalism is not just a referral but actually have them continue to use you when they move. A thick skin is also one of my strengths

As I said marketing and promotion are what we need most right now, How to bridge the gap between mainstream business and the Disc Golf community. Not just passing the hat. I would like to beleive that the current "What is DG" Tri fold sprang from the prototype I showed Theo back in the spring of 2001. I am currently working on a Revenue Stream project that will revolutionize DG

Volunteerism in WA
                  1. Since 2000 I have given a minimum of 150 hrs to the sport. Another claim my opponent can not make.
                  2. 1999-2001 North Park Mineral Springs project
                  3. 2002-2005 Terrace Creek and Lakewood
                  4. 2005-present SeaTac and Twin Rivers in Arlington
                  5. 2010 Headed up the Silver Lake project

Volunteerism in OR.
                  Helped install the tees at Trojan

Fundraising
                  1. 2000 Held the Jub Open in support Terrace Creek
                  2. 2008 Provided the Basket Fund Raffle Prize for Mossy Roc
                  3. 2008-10 Offered BYOP in support of Mossy Roc,Twin Rivers and SeaTac
                  4. 2010 Brain stormed and executed the Instant Win Basket Toss for the INWS

Assistant Tournament Director experience
                  Assistant to Guy Dahmen
                  1. Terrace Creek Opens from 2000-2003
                  2. Jet Wash Opens 2004-2010.
                  3. Man Friday at LCO and City Cup 2008-2011

Tournament Director experience
                  1. 1994-2010 The Woodrow Invitational Ball Golf Tournament
                  2. 2003-2004 St Patrick's Open at Lakewood
                  3. 2005-present Cool Shoez Invitational at SeaTac
                  4. 2008-10 Winter BYOP Doubles

I was the one who experimented with
                  1. Trophy Only for Am's, Ladies and Age protected divisions
                  2. Trophy Only for first place.
                  3. Test Drives of Manufactures plastic
                  4. Most in depth tee signs
                  5. Installing distance markers on fairways
                  6. Most in depth flyer's and the one who made publishing of fees standard.
                  7. Offered the first legitimate FlyMart
                  8. Offered and executed Split weekends
                  9. Illuminated the hypocrisy of skimming the Am's for the Pros by actually declaring and then collecting equally TD compensation.
                  10. Developed one of the few nationally launched "Marketing of the DG player" surveys
                  11. Continued belief that the lack of Tournament evaluation is our biggest liability

I am a current member of the
                  1. Spokane Disc Golf Association
                  2. Garden City Flyer's
                  3. Chainbangerz
                  4. Honorary member of both the Trojan Nation and Lucky Mud
                  5. past member of the Tacoma now Pierce County DGPA.

In closing
                  Our sport is growing by leaps and bounds most in a positive direction but some are negative. Our focus should be on identifying problems and shortcomings, solving them by not repeating them.

Long live San Dimas

If nothing else this at least gives you a venue to toot your own horn.

Forgive me if I hope you fail.

Comment

Jub, that resume looks like you are running for BOD. What would make you a good state coordinator? You proabably have an uphill battle if you plan on running on name recognition alone.

Comment

I see Jub's point. Since I have been back in to DG after a 15 year hiatus it has been Rideout Tourneys that I have played in majority. (I like those events) I have no problem with the tourneys that Jub was the TD. My message to both candidates is if you guys are the Sir Topm Hat TD's then bring em on and lets have more events especially up north. Terrace is always good but it would be cool to see a Northpark C tier event. Its' a busy park but it would encourage spectators and rec players to step up. If you guys could get together and co td some events that would show the true spirit of what Jub stated in his message. For now I got to throw my vote for Rideout. What happened to unity? I'm pretty sure we all want the same thing so my suggestion for Jub and Rideout and any other Washington TD's is to come together and move forward to advance our sport any way possible/ by all means necessary..

CMC 12298
                      www.rewindb.com

Comment

Well I agree with one of Jub's points.. SAN DIMAS HIGH RULES!!!! I like how you say you equally Jub Scam the pros and the ams. That's a nice touch.

Many people have experimented with the exact same experiments as you have in other states long before you. You meant to say you experimented with those things first in this state right?

Uphill is all I see buddy
                        Relax and enjoy your hair
                        TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

State and Provincial Coordinator - Washington (69 total voters; vote for 1):
                          65 Mike Rideout
                          4 Write-in

Comment

Originally posted by PuttsRrad View Post
                            State and Provincial Coordinator - Washington (69 total voters; vote for 1):
                            65 Mike Rideout
                            4 Write-in
                            Way to go Mike! I would be hard pressed to think of anyone up in WA more deserving of this position. You not only deserve it, but in my opinion you've earned it.
                            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Agreed-- thanks Mike for all of your time/effort! A big thanks to Eric Edgerton for volunteering his services for several years as well!
                              Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X