Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebecca
    started a topic PDGA Board

PDGA Board

I turned in all my paperwork and I am officially on the ballot for the PDGA Board.

I am officially announcing my candidacy and starting my campaign. I would greatly appreciate your vote and support.

The platforms will be published soon and all current members will be receiving an email or postcard in the mail.

Regardless of who you vote for, please just take the time, read the platforms, and vote.

Thanks for your time

Rebecca Duffy
    Candidate for PDGA Board 2011

• killa
    replied
    only Daveburg was able to slip past my iron-clad ballot

I'm thrilled that three of my four votes were for candidates who ended up victorious... I'm accustomed to being a marginalized vote (e.g. Nader in '04 and '08) whose function is mostly a reminder to those elected that they don't have unanimous support -- or 3rd party recognition, as the case may be.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else can match (or beat?!) my 3-for-4 success rate. My only runner in the BoD horse race who failed to show was Joe Feidt. It would have been great to get his diverge-from-ball-golf/lax-dress-code/micro-brew-sponsor mentality on the Board, but roughly half of Feldberg's constituency would have needed to be on my wavelength for that to happen...

Leave a comment:

• Flatroc
    replied
    the times they are a changin'

Originally posted by Scott View Post
    Peter Shive was elected with his "Vote for me only if you want to F up the PDGA" campaign? Unbelievable!
    Do you really think that's why he was voted in?
    It appears obvious that there are enough of us out there that have been around the PDGA for 10 to 20 plus years that seem to think folks like Peter and Kevin can make a difference.
    I voted for both of those guys because of their years of experience in and around the PDGA.
    Along with the very reasonable and levelheaded thinking of Rebecca, I see this as a good mix!
    My congrats to all the new BOD's!

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Originally posted by Jester View Post
    This is the second year in a row I did not get a ballot. I called and complained last year. I am not sure why I have been blacklisted from voting.
    Are you certain they have your most current e-mail address? Have you checked your spam/junk mail folder? Did you address this with PDGA before voting closed?

Leave a comment:

• Jester
    replied
    This is the second year in a row I did not get a ballot. I called and complained last year. I am not sure why I have been blacklisted from voting.

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    Yeah... Jub's platform was F up.

Leave a comment:

• LJ Jubner
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott View Post
    Peter Shive was elected with his "Vote for me only if you want to F up the PDGA" campaign? Unbelievable!
    I though of it more as "F with", not "up"

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Kennedy
    replied
    New PDGA Board members are: David Feldberg (incumbent), Rebecca Duffy, Kevin McCoy and Peter Shive.

Leave a comment:

• the_lung
    replied
    Voted for Mike Solt and the two lovely ladies running for the PDGA BoD. We need more women in the sport, as well as a woman's point of view on Board decisions.

Leave a comment:

• Nichola
    replied
    Thanks Eric and Cindy! I just send the email to vote-now.com.

Leave a comment:

• LegoRules
    replied
    Originally posted by LadyBuzzz View Post
    I am wondering if anyone got the email to vote this week? I am still waiting for mine and I even checked spam box so far nothing. I did voted last year no problem. Whom should I contact to ask for the ballot so I can vote?
    Nichola try this email to find out what happened to your ballot.

jclaiborne@vote-now.com

I just hit reply on my ballot email, and this was tha addy that came up.

Cindy

Leave a comment:

• ericedge
    replied
    My ballot arrived on Monday, July 18th. I think you should call the pdga office <(706) 261-6342> to find out why yours didn't arrive.

Leave a comment:

• Nichola
    replied
    I am wondering if anyone got the email to vote this week? I am still waiting for mine and I even checked spam box so far nothing. I did voted last year no problem. Whom should I contact to ask for the ballot so I can vote?

Leave a comment:

• Discgolfingkilmers
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
    I've been checking in on that thread. While I do like some of the points he has been making, in my opinion he comes across like a pretty big drama queen. There are definitely changes needed, but I'm not voting for someone this Quixotic and manic. I can't imagine it being a productive situation.

It is a good thread for thought and some of the proposed reforms are good ones. I just wish they were coming from someone with less of a perceived ax to grind and a more reasonable approach. He's essentially saying "don't vote for me unless you want to see me take a flamethrower to the way the PDGA operates." Which, I think actually does appeal to many people!
    flamethrowers are great to watch from a distance!!!!!

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X