X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebecca View Post
    I agree. Make sure that you vote on the platform and not because of popularity.
    You may not recognize a lot of the names on the ballot so make sure you read the statements and vote for the best, qualified person. Regardless if you know them or not.
    I personally wish all the candidates the best of luck
    A record ammount of candidates. Make sure you read all the statements before you vote. I finally got through them all but it was well worth it.
    We have three people from the Northwest running
    PDGA President

Comment

As he refers to in his candidate statement, Peter Shive has some very outspoken criticisms of current pdga practices plus proposed reforms that he has been elaborating on the pdga discussion board....an 8 page thread at this point, for anyone with the time or interest.

Whether or not you agree with his stances and/or his approach I find there is more to think about on that thread than on the sum of all the candidate statements.

Here is the link. You may have to wait a while for the page to load or even try it a few times.
      Last edited by Lund; July 11th, 2011, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lund View Post
        As he refers to in his candidate statement, Peter Shive has some very outspoken criticisms of current pdga practices plus proposed reforms that he has been elaborating on the pdga discussion board....an 8 page thread at this point, for anyone with the time or interest.

Whether or not you agree with his stances and/or his approach I find there is more to think about on that thread than on the sum of all the candidate statements.

Here is the link. You may have to wait a while for the page to load or even try it a few times.
        I've been checking in on that thread. While I do like some of the points he has been making, in my opinion he comes across like a pretty big drama queen. There are definitely changes needed, but I'm not voting for someone this Quixotic and manic. I can't imagine it being a productive situation.

It is a good thread for thought and some of the proposed reforms are good ones. I just wish they were coming from someone with less of a perceived ax to grind and a more reasonable approach. He's essentially saying "don't vote for me unless you want to see me take a flamethrower to the way the PDGA operates." Which, I think actually does appeal to many people!

Comment

Ballots come out today--- make sure you vote.

I would greatly appreciate your vote
          PDGA President

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
            I've been checking in on that thread. While I do like some of the points he has been making, in my opinion he comes across like a pretty big drama queen. There are definitely changes needed, but I'm not voting for someone this Quixotic and manic. I can't imagine it being a productive situation.

It is a good thread for thought and some of the proposed reforms are good ones. I just wish they were coming from someone with less of a perceived ax to grind and a more reasonable approach. He's essentially saying "don't vote for me unless you want to see me take a flamethrower to the way the PDGA operates." Which, I think actually does appeal to many people!
            flamethrowers are great to watch from a distance!!!!!
            We all should take better care in our courses

Comment

I am wondering if anyone got the email to vote this week? I am still waiting for mine and I even checked spam box so far nothing. I did voted last year no problem. Whom should I contact to ask for the ballot so I can vote?
              PDGA 38506
              ODDGA 27
              DDGA 176
              2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

My ballot arrived on Monday, July 18th. I think you should call the pdga office <(706) 261-6342> to find out why yours didn't arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyBuzzz View Post
                  I am wondering if anyone got the email to vote this week? I am still waiting for mine and I even checked spam box so far nothing. I did voted last year no problem. Whom should I contact to ask for the ballot so I can vote?
                  Nichola try this email to find out what happened to your ballot.

jclaiborne@vote-now.com

I just hit reply on my ballot email, and this was tha addy that came up.

Cindy
                  Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                  2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                  Stumptown #176
                  PDGA #37716

Comment

Thanks Eric and Cindy! I just send the email to vote-now.com.
                    PDGA 38506
                    ODDGA 27
                    DDGA 176
                    2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

Voted for Mike Solt and the two lovely ladies running for the PDGA BoD. We need more women in the sport, as well as a woman's point of view on Board decisions.
                      sigpic

Comment

New PDGA Board members are: David Feldberg (incumbent), Rebecca Duffy, Kevin McCoy and Peter Shive.

Comment

Peter Shive was elected with his "Vote for me only if you want to F up the PDGA" campaign? Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                            Peter Shive was elected with his "Vote for me only if you want to F up the PDGA" campaign? Unbelievable!
                            I though of it more as "F with", not "up"
                            rewindb.com

Comment

Yeah... Jub's platform was F up.
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

This is the second year in a row I did not get a ballot. I called and complained last year. I am not sure why I have been blacklisted from voting.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X