X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDGA DISCiplinary Process Discussion

As this sport is still growing at warp speed, most of us realize that we must adapt in all sorts of different ways.
    As a 23 year member I have seen the PDGA experience and address most of the growing pains issues in a most professional way and have gotten good results.
    One issue, unfortunately is when we break the rules and how it is to be dealt with.
    I don't feel I'm alone when I say I think the way the DC/BOD handle the lawbreakers could use some clarity in regards as to where the 'line' is.
    Specifically the "behavior that is inconsistent with the well being of the PDGA".

Yoseman
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

My issue with behavior that is inconsistent with the well being of the PDGA is it could be construed as just about anything. Swearing, illicit substances, drinking, etc. A defined line needs to be drawn. Also, the PDGA needs to stay out of others legal problems. So long as that person does not portray themselves to any authority figure in a way that could reflect poorly on the PDGA, it should be none of their business. Then again, membership does have it's perks and drawbacks.
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Comment

It seems this is about little ripples when one sees the big waves of inconsistencies of the FIA (Federation Internationale de l'Automobile), the governing body of Formula 1 Racing.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Bob, those FIA rules only applywhen you're in the T Box...driving...
        couldn't stop myself
        educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
          ...couldn't stop myself
          That's the brakes.

-----------------------

Sorry. We now return you to your serious discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
            As this sport is still growing at warp speed, most of us realize that we must adapt in all sorts of different ways.
            As a 23 year member I have seen the PDGA experience and address most of the growing pains issues in a most professional way and have gotten good results.
            One issue, unfortunately is when we break the rules and how it is to be dealt with.
            I don't feel I'm alone when I say I think the way the DC/BOD handle the lawbreakers could use some clarity in regards as to where the 'line' is.
            Specifically the "behavior that is inconsistent with the well being of the PDGA".

Yoseman
            Yose,
            The "desired" behavior and the consequences are spelled out rather clearly in the rules AND Code of Conduct.
            As "things" come up that the DC has not previously had to deal with, there is MUCH discussion amoung DC members as to how to deal with it. The DC then makes a recommendation to the Board and a punishment is decided on and finalized by the board.
            As with just about ANY Professional Sport, if a player does ANYTHING that makes that sport look bad, they are dealt with a some manner.
            If this sport that we so love is going to grow into the mainstream someday, then our top players, especially, are going to be held to a high standard of behavior, both on and off the course.
            Sure there is MUCH debate on this subject and Im sure there will be much more to come.

#6930 (member of the DC)

Comment

"Look bad" is a relative term.

That Tiger Woods sure screws up sometimes, but hey, he looks good! (At least to the televisors in search of ratings, and most of his old sponsors.)

You make powerful people enough money and you will keep looking good...to them.

Discaimer: I watch pro golf when Tiger's playing. (It's an old habit -- I hope he regains the phenomenal play he once had.)
              Last edited by Ol' Bob; May 14th, 2011, 09:23 PM.

Comment

looks fuzzy to me

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
                Yose,
                The "desired" behavior and the consequences are spelled out rather clearly in the rules AND Code of Conduct.
                As "things" come up that the DC has not previously had to deal with, there is MUCH discussion amoung DC members as to how to deal with it. The DC then makes a recommendation to the Board and a punishment is decided on and finalized by the board.
                As with just about ANY Professional Sport, if a player does ANYTHING that makes that sport look bad, they are dealt with a some manner.
                If this sport that we so love is going to grow into the mainstream someday, then our top players, especially, are going to be held to a high standard of behavior, both on and off the course.
                Sure there is MUCH debate on this subject and Im sure there will be much more to come.

#6930 (member of the DC)
                I've read these over and over and still think inconsistent behavior needs to be more defined.
                Should the codes of conduct only apply to a member if they are at a sanctioned event?
                He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                - Anonymous

Comment

To my knowledge, one person has been suspended for behavior inconsistent with the well being of the PDGA. That player was arrested with 78 pounds of pot. That is clearly inconsitent with the image the PDGA is trying to protect.

It's not as if the PDGA is abusing their power and suspending people left and right without cause.

Comment

I wonder if the IMF will suspend their head man for his arrest for false imprisonment, sexual assault, and attempted rape. I hear he's going to plead "not guilty." Will he get to institute a world currency before he goes to trial? We all must play in their game, pros and ams, members and non-members, alike.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X