Maybe a dumb question? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Maybe a dumb question?

    Ok this is probably a dumb question, but can a player be listed as a pro with the PDGA, but if said player has not accepted cash can they still compete in armature divisions?

    Thanks,
    Cindy
    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
    Stumptown #176
    PDGA #37716

  • #2
    http://www.pdga.com/documents/divisi...points-factors

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
      Ok this is probably a dumb question, but can a player be listed as a pro with the PDGA, but if said player has not accepted cash can they still compete in armature divisions?

      Thanks,
      Cindy
      Regardless of whether or not someone has accepted cash or not, ANY player with a rating lower than 970 can play amateur. They cannot, however, play any "majors" ie: Am Worlds as an amateur.
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

      Comment


      • #4
        Does this mean a player rated over 970 must play pro in events? The chart show 970+ as the suggested minimum rating for pro, but then down below under events it says <970 for the amateur rating requirement.

        Comment


        • #5
          Yikes! That's a confusing chart.

          But I'm thinking someone better be broken almost in half if they're signing up as an AM with a 970 player rating. Not to many people on the planet are gonna let that slide without saying something.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tmiller View Post
            Does this mean a player rated over 970 must play pro in events? The chart show 970+ as the suggested minimum rating for pro, but then down below under events it says <970 for the amateur rating requirement.
            As long as a player is registered with the PDGA as an Amateur AND has never accepted Cash in a Pro event...they may play as an AM, regardless of what their player rating is. There are AM players with ratings over 1000...lame as that is.
            Once a player registers as a Pro OR has accepted cash(this automatically makes them Pro) they can use "the chart" to play as an AM IF thier player rating falls within the limitations.
            Ill use myself as an example...I have been a registered Pro since 1995, have cashed multiple times BUT due to a serious lack of play, practice and just plain lameness my rating has fallen to 932ish. This would allow me to play in the Adv Master or Adv Mens division if I wanted too. But only in an A tier or lower event...No Majors. I dont see WHY I would ever want to stoop so low... BUT I could if I went insane or something of that nature.


            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Magilla View Post
              As long as a player is registered with the PDGA as an Amateur AND has never accepted Cash in a Pro event...they may play as an AM, regardless of what their player rating is. There are AM players with ratings over 1000...lame as that is.
              I suspect we will see this more often as the collegiate aspect of the sport grows.

              Originally posted by Magilla View Post
              Once a player registers as a Pro OR has accepted cash(this automatically makes them Pro) they can use "the chart" to play as an AM IF thier player rating falls within the limitations.
              Ill use myself as an example...I have been a registered Pro since 1995, have cashed multiple times BUT due to a serious lack of play, practice and just plain lameness my rating has fallen to 932ish. This would allow me to play in the Adv Master or Adv Mens division if I wanted too. But only in an A tier or lower event...No Majors. I dont see WHY I would ever want to stoop so low...
              I dunno... maybe so you could play a round with Sam?
              "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

              Comment

              Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X