X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 second rule...

So we were playing a round at Leverich and I got to my disc and was looking at several different types of shots (there was a tree in my way) after I finally decided and tossed the buddy said time violation. I said WHAT?!? and he said I took longer than 30 seconds so I get a penalty. I said he was crazy and I bet him 100 dollars pulled out my rule book and he showed me. I have played in several tournaments and have never heard this before... any help?
    If you throw just for fun, you wait for the sun.:yay:
    But if you love the game, who cares if there is rain!!!:trophy:

$100? Next time, take the stroke.

Man, that Leverich is one cutthroat place, eh?
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
      $100? Next time, take the stroke.

he should have to give you a warning 1st.....

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Yeah... sounds like you should have received a warning... and not made that bet. Sorry... can't help you with the $100. Maybe he will let it slide?
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Buddy? in a casual round? Should get a warning first.
          www.rewindb.com

Comment

801.03 Excessive Time:
            A. A maximum of 30 seconds is allowed to each player to make a throw after:
            (1) the previous player has thrown; and,
            (2) the player has taken a reasonable time
            to arrive at the disc and mark the lie; and,
            (3) the playing area is clear and free
            of distractions.
            B. A player shall receive a warning for the first excessive time violation if observed by two or more players of the group or an official. The player shall be assessed one penalty throw for each subsequent excessive time violation in the same round if observed by two or more players of the group or an official.

I've seldom seen this used in PDGA play, and only when a player is consistently holding up play (taking a long time on every shot).

To call it on someone in casual play, that's just bogus.

Comment

Man, that Leverich is one cutthroat place, eh?
              Yeah its fun, I have only played it three times but I enjoy the layout.

I call the tree a distraction and said that my example did not pertain so on a technicality I got out of the bet... luckily
              If you throw just for fun, you wait for the sun.:yay:
              But if you love the game, who cares if there is rain!!!:trophy:

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Morris View Post
                Yeah its fun, I have only played it three times but I enjoy the layout.

I call the tree a distraction and said that my example did not pertain so on a technicality I got out of the bet... luckily
                You got off easy. Pay your lost bets and play faster.

Comment

You called a tree a distraction? Poor trees... always being accused of stuff they are not really responsible for...
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Oh yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Morris View Post
                      I ... pulled out my rule book and he showed me.
                      Case closed.

PS: Time to place a copy of the rule book next to your commode...
                      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                        Case closed.

PS: Time to place a copy of the rule book next to your commode...
                        Brilliant! Consider it done...my roommates need to check the feet.
                        Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

I still remember the pain of Gawain busting me in the Fern Burner on the 30 second rule. Granted, it was well over three minutes when he dropped the ax. The thing that bugged me was that someone found my disc (Mr. Flippy) and turned it in a few months later and I never found out where it was hiding.

On edit: I'm not sure that the time out on a lost disc is the same as the 30 second thang.

Comment

On edit: I'm not sure that the time out on a lost disc is the same as the 30 second thang.
                            You're right - they are two different thangs.

The thirty seconds is after you approach your lie.

Three minutes is the time you have to search for a lost disc.

Comment

So, it's better to lose your disc because you get 2.5 minutes more.
                              Last edited by Ol' Bob; May 11th, 2011, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X