Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
    Jeff,
    I brought this experience up only as a comparison to the almighty image that the PDGA is trying to protect.
    I guess it's just a coincidence that when I speak up against something I disagree with, some of the same people are always at the other end.
    Damn politics!
    It seems like if you were really interested in speaking up against something you disagree with you would have already contacted the PDGA and reported the incident. Talk about message board politicking!

Comment

draw the line please

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
      It seems like if you were really interested in speaking up against something you disagree with you would have already contacted the PDGA and reported the incident. Talk about message board politicking!
      Matt B.,
      Been there, done that.
      Not to report an incident though, I talked about how there were a lot of mixed feelings about their decision regarding this incident, and that many of us feel there should be a clearer definition of, 'behavior that is inconsistent with the well being of the PDGA'.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      - Anonymous

Comment

Membership

Membership has its privileges....

The PDGA is an association. We are members. We are held to a code of conduct that has nothing to do with the law (or does not have to.)

Like any other association, the NBA, the NRA, the PTA....they may enforce sanctions for conduct violations that are completely seperate from but concurrent to any civil or criminal charges.

It's not double jeopardy. It's an association that you chose to join and agreed to follow its statutes.

It's likely more members would be suspended if the PDGA did more following and investigation of its members' behaviour.

Comes with the territory (on both sides.)

Comment

Originally posted by Lyounger View Post
          Membership has its privileges....

The PDGA is an association. We are members. We are held to a code of conduct that has nothing to do with the law (or does not have to.)

Like any other association, the NBA, the NRA, the PTA....they may enforce sanctions for conduct violations that are completely seperate from but concurrent to any civil or criminal charges.

It's not double jeopardy. It's an association that you chose to join and agreed to follow its statutes.

It's likely more members would be suspended if the PDGA did more following and investigation of its members' behaviour.

Comes with the territory (on both sides.)
          Well said sir. As it is, people often forget that being a part of a club or an association is PRIVILEGE and not a RIGHT. Much like having a drivers license. Sad thing is I bet Jeff is a really nice guy. I am willing to bet that disc golf is the one thing that takes his mind off the impending doom that he is facing on these charges.
          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
          Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
            Well said sir. As it is, people often forget that being a part of a club or an association is PRIVILEGE and not a RIGHT. Much like having a drivers license. Sad thing is I bet Jeff is a really nice guy. I am willing to bet that disc golf is the one thing that takes his mind off the impending doom that he is facing on these charges.
            Agreed...
            I feel really bad for him.
            Doesn't mean he can't play for fun tho...
            It's too bad :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Andrews View Post
              Greetings,

Just to let everyone know, Jeff Layland has been suspended by the PDGA indefinitely. This means that Jeff is ineligible to play in PDGA sanctioned events. He has recently played in the Open Pro division in the Great Northwest Open and the Aloha Sushi Classic. He has been registering for these events without using his PDGA number so that the TD is unaware that he is suspended. If a TD allowed Jeff to participate in a sanctioned event while knowing that Jeff was suspended, that TD could be subject to disciplinary action. If you are a TD and Jeff tries to sign up for your event, please inform him that he is ineligible to do so and to contact the PDGA office if he has any questions.
              ? Why can't Jeff play in a sanctioned event as a non PDGA member.

Comment

Originally posted by rocer180 View Post
                ? Why can't Jeff play in a sanctioned event as a non PDGA member.
                Suspended due to 78 pounds of pot, a cop and an unfortunate traffic stop.
                Cleveland Brown

Comment

I was thinking "Not being so very smart..."
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    I was thinking "Not being so very smart..."
                    If I were smarter I'd have thought of that.
                    Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
                      Matt B.,
                      Been there, done that.
                      Not to report an incident though, I talked about how there were a lot of mixed feelings about their decision regarding this incident, and that many of us feel there should be a clearer definition of, 'behavior that is inconsistent with the well being of the PDGA'.
                      Flat Roc,
                      Sorry, I'm having a hard time following you here. You contacted the PDGA but not to report the incident where a PDGA official offered you alcohol; rather to talk about how there were a lot of mixed feelings about their decision regarding this incident?

So someone else reported the incident where you were offered alcohol, the PDGA made a "decision" about the incident, and you wanted to discuss the mixed feelings about their decision?

Not trying to take the piss here, I just really don't know what you are saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                        Why is it message board politicking to bring up something that happened, as a point without names? No one would have a clue who Yose was talking about if it weren't for y'all turning it into the same " dont air yur dirty laundry argument" yall always are spitting at Yose. Then it beomes obvious and yah, kinda ugly eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Menacewarf View Post
                          Why is it message board politicking to bring up something that happened, as a point without names? No one would have a clue who Yose was talking about if it weren't for y'all turning it into the same " dont air yur dirty laundry argument" yall always are spitting at Yose. Then it beomes obvious and yah, kinda ugly eh?
                          I don't recall telling Yose not to air his dirty laundry; could you point out where I said that? I'd check out the dirty laundry if he'd like to air it, names and all. I suggested he contact the PDGA and report the incident, what's wrong with that?

And as to the why is it politics question: you'd have to ask Yose as he brought it up.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X