Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprised you guys didnt know, but then again I had people at the event send me the videos and describe in vivid detail as the event unfolded... have fun... compared to being pulled over on a road, this was at a disc golf course as part of of the Fly Ink Open that got USDGC bids?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSZhl...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0xlG...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra38hmoxInI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnxa8...eature=related

Comment

If he hadn't made the news, would he have received the same punishment? I completely understand promoting the most positive image we can but I'd also like to know what the line for this is. The knee-jerk reaction that everyone seems to have (including myself!) is that he was engaging in behavior that is obviously against the law but I'd echo others in asking why this is PDGA business.

If someone gets press for any kind of illegal activity while mentioning disc golf, does that warrant punitive PDGA action or just illicit substances? What about making prominent unpopular political statements as a 'disc golfer'? What about being photographed on a motorcycle speeding through a red light with a disc golf shirt on? OK, that last example at least was mostly for fun, but I do think this is a very interesting line the PDGA has taken here and worth talking about.
      Last edited by cefire; May 10th, 2011, 11:13 PM.
      'Weekend 4 Women':
      Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
      Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel Jackson
        I just shot Marv in the face! Now the PDGA is going to suspend me! Snakes on a plane, sheeeeeeit!
        That was overheard at an airport recently.
        Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Tiger didn't even lose his sponsor, only his "A" game. That, if he doesn't get it back, could get him some trouble.

He made the news and brought discredit to the PGA. It will be on the internet forever.*

* Plagiarized from the following post.
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Jeff Layland played as a Pro. He should be be held to higher standards because of the professional status.

He made the news and brought discredit to the PDGA. It will be on the internet forever.

This would have been different if it was just had a small amount, but 78 pounds is a big time offense.

Hopefully this can be used as an example to others.

Comment

I know that when I get pulled over with 78 pounds of pot, I don't mention the PDGA. Lesson learned!
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Wouldn't a more important lesson be to not speed while transporting 78 pounds of pot.

I would mostly agree that we shouldn't be bringing someone's personal issues to a public forum in this manner, but it did become a disc golf issue as evidenced by the article's headline. I would at least give the guy credit by assuming he told the officer he was a pro disc golfer prior to being searched/busted. I wonder if the outcome would have been different had he told the officer that he was a Boy Scout Troop Leader, returning from camp.

I didn't watch the the whole 6 minute video there at the end, but I didn't see anything in the previous three that would merit a suspension. Sure the roller putt and trash talking were bush-league, but did I miss something?(was he throwing his round or giving up the skins intentionally?)
                Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                  Wouldn't a more important lesson be to not speed while transporting 78 pounds of pot.
                  DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! My thoughts exactly...

Comment

Jub-Jub brings thirty pounds of crack with him to every tournament, but nobody ever seems to mind... except for that time he was doing his yoga routine in speedos.
                    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Ain't that just like Jub Jub?
                      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I didn't watch the the whole 6 minute video there at the end, but I didn't see anything in the previous three that would merit a suspension. Sure the roller putt and trash talking were bush-league, but did I miss something?(was he throwing his round or giving up the skins intentionally?)
                        Bradley's probation is due to a violation of the Code of Conduct Section 3.3 (10). It is not due to anything in those video's, though they do give a bit of insight into the individual as a person/player.

Last edited by Magilla; May 11th, 2011, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Not a big mystery, says right here: "alcohol during play"
                          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

What exactly does probabtion mean in the eyes of the PDGA? You can still play?

Comment

The only thing that makes Him a pro is because he's registerd (paid ) as one

Jub-Jub brings thirty pounds of crack with him to every tournament, but nobody ever seems to mind... except for that time he was doing his yoga routine in speedos.

Now wait just a minute here!

The crack Toby speaks of is the one I covered up by wearing a belt. And the speedo was a European model and was very flattering that is until I put it on.

Skeletons Toby What about the time you thought a g-string was really an eye patch for you know "the Pirate Game"

A good rule of thumb If your gonna transport weed, Don't speed!
                              rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                                Image is everything, eh?
                                PDGA members slogan " We may not be the best disc golfers , but we look damn good doin' it. "

And poor Jub just needs a manzillian wax job.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X