Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Layland

Greetings,

Just to let everyone know, Jeff Layland has been suspended by the PDGA indefinitely. This means that Jeff is ineligible to play in PDGA sanctioned events. He has recently played in the Open Pro division in the Great Northwest Open and the Aloha Sushi Classic. He has been registering for these events without using his PDGA number so that the TD is unaware that he is suspended. If a TD allowed Jeff to participate in a sanctioned event while knowing that Jeff was suspended, that TD could be subject to disciplinary action. If you are a TD and Jeff tries to sign up for your event, please inform him that he is ineligible to do so and to contact the PDGA office if he has any questions.
    Regards,

Todd Andrews

Just a curious question. What did he do to become suspended indefinite? I have heard of a year's suspension but this is out of that ball park.
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
      Just a curious question. What did he do to become suspended indefinite? I have heard of a year's suspension but this is out of that ball park.
      Behavior inconsistent with the PDGA image.

DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Would you like me to Google that for you?
        http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/article_ec9ab136-c125-11df-b7cf-001cc4c002e0.htm
        Regards,

Todd Andrews

Comment

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Jeffrey+Layland

Comment

It would seem that not being able to play in a disc golf tournament would be the least of this guy's worries.

Comment

Yeah, there's that losing his 78 pounds.
              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

So what's his problem with the PDGA? Was he vending without a permit?

Comment

See Bullseye's post above.
                  Regards,

Todd Andrews

Comment

this is just rediculous!!! if he was doing something like selling it at a tourny or was busted at a tourny i could see the pdga having some action against him, but jeez give me a break this was something on his own time and not during a tournament or at the course.

PDGA KEEP YOUR NOSES OUT OF PEOPLES PRIVATE LIVES UNLESS IT IS EFFECTING A TOURNAMENT BEING PLAYED OR A COURSE WHERE A TOURNAMENT IS HELD!! you are slowly becoming more and more like dictators.
                    Team HOSER:dancing:
                    Team OLY:cheerleader:
                    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                      this is just rediculous!!! if he was doing something like selling it at a tourny or was busted at a tourny i could see the pdga having some action against him, but jeez give me a break this was something on his own time and not during a tournament or at the course.

PDGA KEEP YOUR NOSES OUT OF PEOPLES PRIVATE LIVES UNLESS IT IS EFFECTING A TOURNAMENT BEING PLAYED OR A COURSE WHERE A TOURNAMENT IS HELD!! you are slowly becoming more and more like dictators.
                      I can understand your frustration---really i can. BUT, Jeff was a PDGA member and as a member, we need to represent the PDGA and disc golf in a positive manner and with the utmost integrity. He could of refrained from saying that he was just coming from a PDGA tournament and that he was a "Professional Disc Golfer".

If anyone put my organization in that kind of light-----I would kick them out as well.

It is our personal life but Mr. Layland is the one who brought the PDGA into it.
                      PDGA President

Comment

I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to the PDGA for this decision. Well done!!!!!

Bob

Comment

Tough Issue... good points to be made on both sides...
                          All you have to do is read the article and you recognize that one guy can poison the well for a whole region. But I would rather the PDGA focus on managing the sport rather than it's players.

Competing while he's suspended isn't going to help the situation though.

Now he basically gives the PDGA an easy out to suspend him for that.

Comment

See... tax it. That's $400,000 worth of...

How did I not meet this guy at the GNO?
                            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                              Behavior inconsistent with the PDGA image.

DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS
                              Bradley Williams will be an Advanced Grandmaster Legend Master Legend by the time his suspension starts...
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X