X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discs going through the bottom of the basket

Now that our floppy putters no longer count if they go in through the side of the basket, what is the ruling if they go in normally and pop out of the bottom of the basket?

I assume the ruling is the disc must be resting in the basket for the hole to end. But, what if there are 2 or more witnesses that see it pop through the bottom of the basket? Is there a chance that putt can count?

This actually happened in our group during last week's Team Disc Golf. We counted it as a miss but were going to clarify it later if that putt made a difference in the outcome....which it didn't.

Thanks!

Doesn't count even if everyone watches every painful millisecond as it wiggles out the bottom. A related situation might be a portable target not secured well and a disc comes in hot (ace run?) and knocks over the target and it doesn't stay in. It's equipment malfunction.

Comment

Discs have evolved beyond he capability of the basket to contain them. Weird. I love my Blowfly and use it a lot but, out the bottom?!?!? That's painful
      "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

happened at the Sushi last month...
        educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
          Doesn't count even if everyone watches every painful millisecond as it wiggles out the bottom. A related situation might be a portable target not secured well and a disc comes in hot (ace run?) and knocks over the target and it doesn't stay in. It's equipment malfunction.
          That doesn't sound right. It's assumed that a shot going in through the cage wouldn't count because the basket should have prevented it from going in...

Now if that's the case then why don't we assume the disc would have stayed in the basket?

knocking over a basket is one thing but putting a disc in a PDGA APPROVED basket that doesn't fall over is something else. It's not equipment failure that's causing the problems...it's basket design!

Kind of a double standard if you ask me.

PS Has the PDGA changed it's specification requirements on future basket designs to help combat this issue?
          Last edited by Altophish; June 14th, 2011, 08:13 AM. Reason: forgot to ask the question

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X