X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by General Scales View Post
    Hah! Thats great. Does this mean anybody caught in between the rounds in the sanctity of their own vehicles will face a disqualification because smoking is banned? It's one thing to say you cant smoke on the course or at tourney central (which even being a smoker, I have no problem with). The line for me is drawn when they tell me that I can't smoke in my own car. That would just be ridiculous.

As it was said before, I wonder how Feldberg is going to handle that since he really does smoke like a frickin chimney. Although, if I understand it right, he voted for the ban itself...
    No, it does not. It means that you cannot smoke during rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
      No, it does not. It means that you cannot smoke during rounds.
      Well good! I have no issue with that. Any smoker that can't last two-five hours without having a drag has an issue. Sure I have smoked during stressful tournament rounds before. However, I can also quell that rage fueled need with things like a slice of nicotine gum if needs be.

Plus, I've noticed that when I smoke during a round, I always end up doing worse. Probably the fatigue that smoking bestows upon the body.
      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

• Courtesy

I appreciate all the people I've played golf with that are courteous to not let their smoke interfere with me or other players. I especially appreciate those players who continue this courtesy before and in between rounds and do not light up right next to me. Especially when they see me trying my best to find a smoke free area close enough to hear what's going on in a meeting or dashing in to take a look at the scoreboard.

Gawain and Jman are definitely included in this group of courteous players.

You all have my sincere thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lyounger View Post
          I appreciate all the people I've played golf with that are courteous to not let their smoke interfere with me or other players. I especially appreciate those players who continue this courtesy before and in between rounds and do not light up right next to me. Especially when they see me trying my best to find a smoke free area close enough to hear what's going on in a meeting or dashing in to take a look at the scoreboard.

Gawain and Jman are definitely included in this group of courteous players.

You all have my sincere thanks.
          honestly when i read this post Leslie it was you that I thought of. I do my best not to smoke near you because I know it bothers you. If people spoke up about it bothering them most smokers would be courteous about it, I would hope... My apologies if I have bothered you with my smoking before

Comment

• Originally posted by General Scales View Post
            Hah! Thats great. Does this mean anybody caught in between the rounds in the sanctity of their own vehicles will face a disqualification because smoking is banned? It's one thing to say you cant smoke on the course or at tourney central (which even being a smoker, I have no problem with). The line for me is drawn when they tell me that I can't smoke in my own car. That would just be ridiculous.

As it was said before, I wonder how Feldberg is going to handle that since he really does smoke like a frickin chimney. Although, if I understand it right, he voted for the ban itself...
            in all the tournaments i have watched Dave play in, i have never once seen him light up a smoke until it was after the round was over. i know he likes to keep himself as professinal as possible on the course, so this probably has something to do with it.
            Team HOSER:dancing:
            Team OLY:cheerleader:
            Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

• Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
              in all the tournaments i have watched Dave play in, i have never once seen him light up a smoke until it was after the round was over. i know he likes to keep himself as professinal as possible on the course, so this probably has something to do with it.
              That is a very good point actually. In every video I have seen of him and the three times I've actually seen him play in person, he's never smoked. It was always after the rounds. I wonder if people purposely start playing slow so he can't get his fix.
              Cleveland Brown

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleDees View Post
                honestly when i read this post Leslie it was you that I thought of. I do my best not to smoke near you because I know it bothers you. If people spoke up about it bothering them most smokers would be courteous about it, I would hope... My apologies if I have bothered you with my smoking before
                You've always been extremely concientious and courteous. I appreciate it very much :-)

I've only rarely had someone tell me to stick it if their smoke was following me around. I agree, most people don't want to purposefully or negligently hurt other people.

Comment

Are you sure you were watching Feldy, Orion?

Every time I have followed his card around he has smoked a bunch of cigarettes during the round.

Not trying to be argumentative, but we are definitely talking about two different dudes if you didn't see him smoking cigarettes.
                  The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

• there is one thing that hasnt been brought up yet. does the ban include those electronic cigarettes, or just the real thing? the electronic ones seem to be gaining momentum. are they an acceptable replacement in the minds of the people that dont smoke or are adversly effected by cigarette smoke?
                    Team HOSER:dancing:
                    Team OLY:cheerleader:
                    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

• no smoking during tournament rounds! these days its a no-brainer. sorry smokers, but you can't smoke around other people at public places--its standard procedure. get use to it on the golf course, because the day has to come when its not allowed.

Comment

• Outside... in a park... no smoking around other people... standard procedure?

Good to know the Smoking Gestapo is alive and well in the Pacific Northwest. I, for one, try to be a courteous smoker. Telling me what I can and can't do with my own body - as long as I am not bothering others - will get you the middle finger salute.
                        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• I have to say ditto to leslie's post. People have been very courteous with smoking around me. That includes you Sam
                          PDGA President

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                            Outside... in a park... no smoking around other people... standard procedure?

Good to know the Smoking Gestapo is alive and well in the Pacific Northwest. I, for one, try to be a courteous smoker. Telling me what I can and can't do with my own body - as long as I am not bothering others - will get you the middle finger salute.
                            Ditto. My favorite thing is when there is nobody around me and I hear a throat clearing. Turn around and there is somebody behind me telling me that smoking is dangerous. Well I didn't know that . Let me put out my cigarette and write a letter to the tobacco companies.

It's one thing to not smoke around a bunch of people, which I respect. I hate it when people light up while I'm eating. It's another thing to seek me out while I'm smoking and then claim I'm being a nuisance. That too will be a middle finger salute.
                            Cleveland Brown

Comment

are they an acceptable replacement in the minds of the people that dont smoke or are adversly effected by cigarette smoke?
                              I have been around them a very little. I had no discomfort from them. Another plus is no butts left behind too.
                              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                                I have been around them a very little. I had no discomfort from them. Another plus is no butts left behind too.
                                And if you only want a couple drags, that's all you have to take. And you don't have to worry about wind. And you don't have to worry about crushing your smokes. And you don't have to worry about burning down the course. And you can get all sorts of crazy flavors if you want.

Whether or not ecigs are less harmful than regular cigs is debatable, but they're way more convenient for golfing. I used one for a while in the process of quitting, and I really liked it. Cheaper in the long run too. Really a win-win for smokers and non-smokers alike.
                                Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X