X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
    you think ball players should be able to smoke during their games as well?
    i think that if any of the ball players (baseball,football,soccer, am i forgeting any?) had the time to smoke, then i would say that they should be allowed to do so. the catch is that they usually dont have the time, except on the bench.

if you were talking about regular golf, then yes they should and they do as was previously posted.
    Team HOSER:dancing:
    Team OLY:cheerleader:
    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
      You meant "PGA," right?
      Oops, yep.
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

IIRC, the reason so many MLB baseball players chew tobacco is because smoking tobacco is against the rules, or else they would be smoking.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          That is the case at Orchard Park in Hillsboro. We enforce this rule during Tuesday Twos - a lot of players are not particularly happy about that.
          FYI - this is why I will not be attending any Tuesday Twos events this year. When HPD pulls their heads out of their asses, I will return to this course. Until then, I will play at the big boy courses where babysitters are not needed...
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
            you think ball players should be able to smoke during their games as well?
            They do. Pedro Guerrero used to smoke cigarettes in the dugout.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
              They might, I don't know what her personal habits are.

By choosing to go somewhere with prior knowledge that cigarettes will be smoked by peers, and then whining about it afterward, it becomes apparent that metacognition may not be Leslie's strong suit. Therefore, I stuck my nose in (probably unnecessarily) and offered a new view to consider.

LOL Thanks Chuck

Dan, separate cigarette smoke from littering. That is a whole different can of worms. You're right, though, butts on the ground make my blood boil- just no more so than any other piece of trash I see on the ground.

BTW, I definitely seperate cigarette smoking from littering. I also do not consider cigarrette smoking or cigarrette smokers repulsive. Those were not my words or my intended meaning.

Just trying to have an "intelligent" dialog around an obviously sensitive subject in order to possibly surface some compromises...especially since it appears this may be handled with broad strokes in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                i think that if any of the ball players (baseball,football,soccer, am i forgeting any?) had the time to smoke, then i would say that they should be allowed to do so. the catch is that they usually dont have the time, except on the bench.

if you were talking about regular golf, then yes they should and they do as was previously posted.
                hmmm. interesting, indeed.
                "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Leslie and I were in a group a few years ago and I stayed on the right side of the wind and we had no worries. It's about respect, on both sides...but make no mistake, I smoke like a freaking chimney. I don't need the permission of my group provided I am curtious, and I refuse to apologize for paying more in taxes than other Americans. Smoking is one way I declare myself a good American; if you ask me to stop I question your commitment to this great nation.

So Sam, let's get together for a Tuesday evening round....
                  educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                    Leslie and I were in a group a few years ago and I stayed on the right side of the wind and we had no worries. It's about respect, on both sides...but make no mistake, I smoke like a freaking chimney. I don't need the permission of my group provided I am curtious, and I refuse to apologize for paying more in taxes than other Americans. Smoking is one way I declare myself a good American; if you ask me to stop I question your commitment to this great nation.

Would it be in bad taste if I termed that post idiotic?

Dick statement: "I don't need the permission of my group..." You may not NEED it, but you SHOULD ask for it!

Bonehead statement: "Smoking is one way I declare myself a good American"
                    a) What is a good American? Is there such a thing? And if so, smoking helps declare it?

I smoked in Leslie's group too, and the only thing that made me was a douche bag. An unhealthy douche bag. Just like when I smoked in 'Ol Bob's group. And all those others whose groups I smoked in.

Comment

With Medical Marijuana Laws expanding all over the country, the arguement of "legality" will soon be moot. What other reasons would we ban "substances" from events?
                      At a B-tier, many years ago, the TD brought up the "no alcohol or drug use" policy, stating it was a form of "artificial stress relief".
                      Half-way through the round, this same TD came up to my group, asking to bum a cigarette. I expressed my surprise at him being a smoker and he replied, "Only when I'm really stressed out."
                      He didn't appreciate my reminding him about his "artificial stress relief" speech.
                      Cigs OK, joints or beers not. Hmmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post

I guess the urge is unjustified or presumptuous, but some of us would like to keep guys like you around a little longer, if not just smelling better. It's just that you're one of the good ones.

================

Standing at the JMan's grave: "If only he'd educated his thinking..."
                        Last edited by Ol' Bob; April 14th, 2011, 02:54 PM.
                        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpi View Post
                          With Medical Marijuana Laws expanding all over the country, the arguement of "legality" will soon be moot. .
                          I don't want to see any diabetics firing up their insulin during a round. No one else is using that crutch.

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                            Would it be in bad taste if I termed that post idiotic?

Dick statement: "I don't need the permission of my group..." You may not NEED it, but you SHOULD ask for it!

Bonehead statement: "Smoking is one way I declare myself a good American"
                            a) What is a good American? Is there such a thing? And if so, smoking helps declare it?

I smoked in Leslie's group too, and the only thing that made me was a douche bag. An unhealthy douche bag. Just like when I smoked in 'Ol Bob's group. And all those others whose groups I smoked in.
                            Oh TL, your sense of humor has left the building...sad that as we age things fall away...hey wait, you're younger than I...bummer dude...
                            educate your thinking

Comment

If Gawain sez yer a dick and a bonehead... Well, itz gotta be true. Too bad he turned out to be a douche bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpi View Post
                                With Medical Marijuana Laws expanding all over the country, the arguement of "legality" will soon be moot. What other reasons would we ban "substances" from events?
                                At a B-tier, many years ago, the TD brought up the "no alcohol or drug use" policy, stating it was a form of "artificial stress relief".
                                Half-way through the round, this same TD came up to my group, asking to bum a cigarette. I expressed my surprise at him being a smoker and he replied, "Only when I'm really stressed out."
                                He didn't appreciate my reminding him about his "artificial stress relief" speech.
                                Cigs OK, joints or beers not. Hmmmmm.
                                You know, you'd think that people in a tournament would want people to smoke pot and drink beer as much as possible. That way they have slowed reaction times and other such things. I know, for one, that if somebody in my group wants to get trashed, I'll let them. That way I can be assured that I don't finish dead last.

Anything to get ahead...
                                "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                                Cleveland Brown

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X