PDGA website Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PDGA website

    Is anyone else having trouble seeing the round ratings on the PDGA event pages?

    Cindy
    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
    Stumptown #176
    PDGA #37716

  • #2
    Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble seeing the round ratings on the PDGA event pages?

    Cindy
    It has a terse message

    Stats are a benefit of current membership. Want to see yours? renew your membership.
    rewindb.com

    Comment


    • #3
      There's been a problem using Internet Explorer to see round ratings. Try using either Chrome or Firefox browsers and it should work.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
        It has a terse message

        Stats are a benefit of current membership. Want to see yours? renew your membership.
        Um I am a current member.
        Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
        2013 Chick Flick co-TD
        Stumptown #176
        PDGA #37716

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
          There's been a problem using Internet Explorer to see round ratings. Try using either Chrome or Firefox browsers and it should work.
          Thanks Chuck I guess I will have to figure out how to switch my browser to one of those darn it.

          Cindy
          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
          Stumptown #176
          PDGA #37716

          Comment


          • #6
            It will be fixed for IE but you may want to see the ratings before then. You don't need to switch browsers, just download and install Chrome or Firefox free. I sometimes run all three simultaneously on Windows XP with no problem so I can have separate logins.

            Comment


            • #7
              whom do we contact if we are current and our info is not showing up (and we don't have a browser issue)?
              Last edited by Uhlman; February 22nd, 2011, 07:43 AM.
              Throw What You Know.
              "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
              PDGA# 45989

              Comment


              • #8
                Changing browsers worked for me. Chrome yes, IE not so much.

                Chuck - any chance a note could be put up stating that round ratings may not show up in IE?

                Comment


                • #9
                  And we're still using Internet Exploder because... we don't like to see websites as the developers envisioned it? Curious...
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Corporate standards.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Like it or not (NOT), Internet Explorer is still the most common Web browser used, although Firefox is certainly gaining ground. On my site yesterday, out of 235,000 requests (so a pretty decent sample size!), 36% were using IE, 31% Firefox, and 19% Safari. On a more general-interest site, the IE proportion would be higher.

                      So, yes, IE is lame, but it's even lamer that the PDGA site doesn't work with IE...
                      Oregon disc golf map

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        whom do we contact if we are current and our info is not showing up (and we don't have a browser issue)?
                        If you renewed online, I would try here first: 1-888-840-7342

                        The IE issue should only be temporary since Gentry is on it. I use IE for accessing the PDGA site as a member and use Firefox for writing and editing articles and documents for the PDGA under the PDGAStaff login. I like Chrome for watching video and TV shows online and now it's likely I'll use it more since I recently joined the Droid world. All three seem to work compatibly in Windows.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I have been experiencing various problems with the website over the last few months. Periodically a page opens blank if it opens at all. I commonly get error messages when I go from one page to another forcing me to go back or close and open the page altogether.

                          Last night and then again today I received warnings of suspicious content or malware being present. Last night it happened when browsing on a Mac and just now on my PC so 2 entirely different browsers and security programs.

                          Whats up and is anyone else experiencing these things lately or is it just me?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I've gotten those warnings too, and decided "ehh, maybe I don't need to know this info so badly after all" and found something else to look at. Strangely, it doesn't happen every time, just sometimes.
                            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Lund View Post
                              I have been experiencing various problems with the website over the last few months. Periodically a page opens blank if it opens at all. I commonly get error messages when I go from one page to another forcing me to go back or close and open the page altogether.

                              Last night and then again today I received warnings of suspicious content or malware being present. Last night it happened when browsing on a Mac and just now on my PC so 2 entirely different browsers and security programs.

                              Whats up and is anyone else experiencing these things lately or is it just me?
                              Firefox is currently warning me about the PDGA DISCussion board. Frankly, the PDGA website is a big sack of shit. It's the slowest website I visit regularly and it really stands out. For an organization with a lot of cash reserves and a very internet hungry and savvy membership you'd think they would wake up and fix the damn thing. This is a recurring topic on the PDGA DISCussion board with a lot of talk of how it's being fixed, but to me it just seems to be getting worse and worse.

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X