Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been experimenting with the squat thrust lately. Most of the ladies are enjoying it as well as jonesy...

Btw... feldberg who?

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen.Sines View Post
      I've been experimenting with the squat thrust lately. Most of the ladies are enjoying it as well as jonesy...

Btw... feldberg who?
      Thanks, Sines. *cleaning tea off the keyboard*
      Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Haha anytime brother.

Btw again.:
        100th post
        *patting my own back*
        Last edited by Stephen.Sines; February 17th, 2011, 08:34 AM. Reason: ass-kickery

Comment

Haha anytime brother.

100th post
          newb

Comment

The player does not even have to contact the ground in front of their disc for the throw to be called illegal all that is needed is a second. If a player feels the throw is illegal and another player agrees by seconding the call then the throw is illegal. My suggestion, imake it look legal so there is no question by the group.

Much like only the player can call something un-playable. Only the group or an official can call a throw illegal.
            PDGA #25296
            Stumptown #34

Comment

I prefer the prone thrust but it must be repeated so often that the 30 minute rule would surely be called by some lame dude.

Comment

Or 30 Foot..
                www.rewindb.com

Comment

It looks good on DVD. I want to go see him at the CSI because I have never spectated a pro tourney. If its outside 30 feet who really cares? Something I would like to try in practice.
                  www.rewindb.com

Comment

Walter Sobchak: "I'm sorry, Smokey. You were over the line, that's a foul."

This is not 'Nam.
                    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude, 1998.

Comment

Mark it Zero Dude......

There ARE rules.....

LMAO
                      Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Dude- "...he's got emotional problems, man."

Walter- "You mean... beyond pacifism?"
                        When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

its not about when the foot hits the ground, but whether or not the original putting location is still in contact with the player when the disc is released.
                          the jump putt is all about the inertia that is built during the early stages of a "jumping" motion and how it applies to said putt. Nothing to do with a literal jump.
                          the same applies to the walk putt, just as long as no other points of contact are established beyond your placement, and your origin of contact (ie. foot behind marker) still is your "origin". all of these must be true through the release of the disc.
                          did I miss anything?
                          we need instant replay....did the ball break the plane??

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_Carter View Post
                            we need instant replay....did the ball break the plane??
                            good question. just like why are we talking about this. I have lost interest.
                            Lets go talk somewhere else Sir Chad

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                              it is close, and the subject of long debate, and deadly...
                              I did this style of putt and still do but only for outside of about 50 feet. A lot of people don't clearly know the rules on this and beleive it is a fault when it isn't. I stopped doing this putt from within 50 because i would get called on it so much. nobody can watch your hand and foot at the same time. I suggest you get it on video and see if it is. If it is that change it up a little bit, if it isn't than you have nothing to worry about.
                              Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by mowens404 View Post
                                I suggest you get it on video and see if it is. If it is that change it up a little bit, if it isn't than you have nothing to worry about.
                                That's a good suggestion. I was thinking about that the other day after asking a few of my buddies if they ever notice me losing my point of contact while jump-putting. I've golfed with both of these guys on hundreds of occasions, and each said they felt my putt was legal. I have never been called on a foot-fault after jump-putting, but have been told that it was 'close' a few times(out of thousands of attempts). It is important to me to play within the rules, so I agree that it'd be a good idea to see it on video to be sure.
                                Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X