X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• walking putt clarification please

Assuming my right foot is my plant foot and within 30cm inline with the basket and behind my marker, when does the putt have to be released? Before my left foot hits the ground (closer to the basket than my marker)? Before I cross my marker with my left foot? Before I cross my plant foot?

before your foot touches the ground in front of your marker.
    Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

That's only true outside 10m, if that's your question?

Comment

the disc must be release before said marker...then u can cross ur marker disc with u left foot....same a jump putt the disc must be released before u cross said marker disc

Comment

not true. you may step over and past your marker as far as you like before release as long as your other foot is planted behind your marker and the disc is released before you touch down in front of the marker.

Comment

Yea I'm talking about outside the circle. Runnaman gave me the answer I was looking for.

I've been working on a walking putt similar to Feldbergs but some golfers have been calling BS on it. Just wanted to make sure I was right because I've heard people on the internets claim Feldberg had an illegal walking putt.

Comment

it is close, and the subject of long debate, and deadly...
              educate your thinking

Comment

I don't know why it would be illegal if you can reach past your lie. If your hand can cross the line why not your foot. I have never heard a good argument for this putt being illegal. I am curious how this can be outside the rules. Anybody?
                Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Any part of your body can be in front of your lie before release if it's not in contact with the playing surface or an obstacle. Perhaps the concern with the walking putt is that sometimes it might be difficult to see whether the player had actually released the throw before touching the ground in front of the lie.

Comment

Red, people are debating whether or not the disc is truly being released before the foot hits the ground, not whether the release point is ahead of the marker.
                    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                      Red, people are debating whether or not the disc is truly being released before the foot hits the ground, not whether the release point is ahead of the marker.
                      I have seen so many vidoe's of his walk-through putt. I've seen a couple where he clearly release's with his walk-through foot on the ground before hand. No where near as many times as he does it legally mind you. I've found that it's easier for me to fault if I am actually trying to do a jump with the putt. About 1 out of 5 is illegal.
                      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                      Cleveland Brown

Comment

its not about when the foot hits the ground, but whether or not the original putting location is still in contact with the player when the disc is released.
                        the jump putt is all about the inertia that is built during the early stages of a "jumping" motion and how it applies to said putt. Nothing to do with a literal jump.
                        the same applies to the walk putt, just as long as no other points of contact are established beyond your placement, and your origin of contact (ie. foot behind marker) still is your "origin". all of these must be true through the release of the disc.
                        did I miss anything?

Comment

the walk putt is the shit.
                          nuff said.

Comment

Provided it makes you more accurate, I agree. If you're doing it because Feldburg does it, well I'll allow you to infer whatever you'd like.
                            Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
                              Provided it makes you more accurate, I agree. If you're doing it because Feldburg does it, well I'll allow you to infer whatever you'd like.
                              I use a “walk-though” style putt for shots between 40’ to 80’ (but I am lower intermeidate player). In disc golf, practice makes good enough. If you practice enough, you will become accurate enough with whatever “jump,” “walk-though,” or “funky chicken” putt you choose to use as long as it’s considered legal according to PDGA rules. That is why we have practice rounds to try new theories of disc flight. As a rule, I don’t use a new disc (even if it is a mold that is already in my bag) or new technique in competition unless I feel comfortable with it during practice, which can take a month or more of practice before it is ready for competition.
                              Throw What You Know.
                              "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                              PDGA# 45989

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X