Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breiner gets the job done... and now he says phase 2 of the pdga will include the TD updating online with the excel sheet and so forth, thatttt is worth the money as it takes hours to do it and some TD's take forever to even do it so this will create more consistency in tournament registration updates.

Comment

I'm not sure if the policy has changed but I have noticed that several events have listed 4discgolf.com as the tournament web site and the PDGA has allowed that.

I have asked for a formal clarification on the current agreement covering online registration with the PDGA and hope to find out when/if the agreement is set to renew.

Personally I would like to see multiple services allowed by the PDGA rather than one service given an exclusive arrangement. However, should the PDGA decide they would like to continue an exclusive arrangement with a business I would hope that 4DiscGolf.com would be considered a worthy choice by the PDGA board of directors.

Comment

I believe the PDGA planned to switch to another exclusive vendor to provide online tournament registration effective Jan 1.

Comment

According to the minutes from their last board meeting they are indeed creating an interface with Disc Golf Scene. To what extent that interface will give DGS exclusive status with the PDGA for online registration is not mentioned. I love DGS and think they do a great job, however, I don't think the PDGA should give one vendor exclusive priority and allow for competition among the various online registration services.

The October minutes also talk about bringing online registration in-house. I'm not sure how good an idea that is based on the current state of the web site.

Source: http://www.pdga.com/board-minutes

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X