Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snap is indeed correct. The original intent was to help out the club and let them use the extra cash to benefit the club as a whole. However, the PDGA does not dictate that the club has to do it this way. This may change in the future...
    Regards,

Todd Andrews

Comment

Do members of affiliated clubs still get to take the Officials Exam for free? If so, who is the Stumptown contact for access to the exam? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
        Do members of affiliated clubs still get to take the Officials Exam for free? If so, who is the Stumptown contact for access to the exam? Thanks!

According to the PDGA there was not enough support at the Board level to extend the PDGA Officials Exam exemption to PDGA Affiliated Clubs.
        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

However, if you are a TD for a tournament, you get to take the test for free! Whoot! Be a TD!

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Andrews View Post
            Snap is indeed correct. The original intent was to help out the club and let them use the extra cash to benefit the club as a whole. However, the PDGA does not dictate that the club has to do it this way. This may change in the future...
            I could see this being handled when the PDGA did not take online registration and clubs would send in all the registrations in a packet but with online registration for members now in place for many years it seems unlikely that the club would see the $5.00 unless the PDGA still collected it and mailed a check to the club!
            PDGA #25296
            Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
              100 individuals get $5 off their membership, $ gets spent at lunch at MCD or something unrelated to disc golf...

100 individuals $5 discount goes to club, club has $500 to spend on disc golf...

That's just my thinking, if it goes to the club, money stays in disc golf, individual gets it, no guarantee it stays inside disc golf..

That's just my thinking...
              100 individuals decide to not join the club saving $10

100 individuals decide to join the PDGA at regular fee price and save 5 bucks for not joining the club.

Look we all can have fun with numbers!!

Seems if the PDGA wants to encourage grass roots focus, the National Discount to an affiliated local club extended to their members is a good way to increase local support of disc golf.
              PDGA #25296
              Stumptown #34

Comment

hmmm... what if clubs collected membership through their online store and in person for both the club and for PDGA memberships and paid to PDGA the dues and kept the $5? This is interesting how different we can view this. Each way is not wrong, just impacts different individuals. I would think giving the member the choice to keep the $5 discount or to defer it to their club would be the best answer and something that probably would be the coolest method Todd? Either way, still gotta be a member of an affilated club first... yeah cool...

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                  hmmm... what if clubs collected membership through their online store and in person for both the club and for PDGA memberships and paid to PDGA the dues and kept the $5? This is interesting how different we can view this. Each way is not wrong, just impacts different individuals. I would think giving the member the choice to keep the $5 discount or to defer it to their club would be the best answer and something that probably would be the coolest method Todd? Either way, still gotta be a member of an affilated club first... yeah cool...
                  That is a good idea, either the member could keep it or donate it to the club!
                  PDGA #25296
                  Stumptown #34

Comment

Resurrecting this thread for those who are inept at searching... Not naming any names... 2014 renewal is simple as a Stumptown Member you save $5.

https://ssl.breinerlogistics.com/pdg...iate=Affiliate

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X