X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Innova hired the guy who used to come up with the new names for blender speeds to name discs for them. That guy has to cost them a lot.

Whoa, it's lonely at the top...
    I would love to get ahold of a First Run Aerate or CE Frappe
    "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

How does the elimination of the Grandmaster division at some NT events fit into the scheme of this?
      There never were supposed to be any other divisions besides Open at NTs. Of course, no pro divisions at any age would be considered grassroots divisions anway.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ombudsman View Post
        I would love to get ahold of a First Run Aerate or CE Frappe
        Henh.

Them guys are earning their keep. I'm willing to bet they won't hold up in R-Pro.
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Well I can't help but acknowledge a grass roots connection around pdx, DGOD. Those guys rock! So how will the pdga connect with groups like DGOD who are actively growing the game at the grass roots level? DGOD members really love and support the game, for the sake of the game, not monetary profit. It will be interesting to see how the motivation of money, which the pdga needs to survive, compromises in order to connect with grass roots groups like DGOD who are not profit based.
          educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
            .... It will be interesting to see how the motivation of money, which the pdga needs to survive, compromises in order to connect with grass roots groups like DGOD who are not profit based.
            I seriously doubt the pDGA will compromise on anything regarding revenue. They are just looking for new members to replace the ones who give up on the sport because of their money grubbing attitude

I like the new revenue stream off certified officials.
            Why not just go for it and say ALL Tournament Players must (renew yearly) their certified official status.
            rewindb.com

Comment

JMan, Non-Profit does not mean you don't need money! Red Cross is non-profit, but they need billions of dollars to support their operations. This DGOD you speak of would need money to survive if they were as large as the PDGA. The PDGA is non-profit, but their operations need money to provide tournament support, ratings updates, a website, and things like that. I am sure that there isn't some huge vault full of money that the PDGA board members roll around in during their quarterly meetings. I agree that it has gotten expensive over the years, but so has everything else we do.

Comment

Originally posted by mine all mine View Post
                JMan, Non-Profit does not mean you don't need money! Red Cross is non-profit, but they need billions of dollars to support their operations. This DGOD you speak of would need money to survive if they were as large as the PDGA. The PDGA is non-profit, but their operations need money to provide tournament support, ratings updates, a website, and things like that.
                You forgot the full time employees their wages and bennies And don't forget the money pit that is the national headquarters

I thought I read somewhere that the pDGA has 6 month budget surplus. Isnt that kinda of like "gilding the Lilly" (and no not spider Dan).
                rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                  You forgot the full time employees their wages and bennies And don't forget the money pit that is the national headquarters

I thought I read somewhere that the pDGA has 6 month budget surplus. Isnt that kinda of like "gilding the Lilly" (and no not spider Dan).
                  I figured the employee and headquarter cost was obvious, as with most non-profit entities that operate at a national level.

Evidently you haven't ever owned your own business before, or you would understand that a business should have a minimum of six months worth of operating costs on hand. In these times, I would actually recommend a one year surplus. You never know what the future will hold!

Comment

Originally posted by mine all mine View Post
                    ...Evidently you haven't ever owned your own business before, or you would understand that a business should have a minimum of six months worth of operating costs on hand. In these times, I would actually recommend a one year surplus. You never know what the future will hold!
                    Actually I do own my own business and having a cash surplus is totally a pipe dream. I know most businesses operate on a much tighter budget then non profits do. The only reason why a group that is showing growth would need a cash buffer is for long term capitol improvements. And If you ask me developing a national headquarters is a huge speculation with those resources. This just another example of top loading and doing on the backs of the new rank and file.

We are clearly not the only revenue stream, what happens to the others . Like the ad's that are overwhelming the site? With the net and the weekly newsletter do we really even need the Mag?

Or better yet do we really need the weeklies and the salaried positions that generates it?
                    rewindb.com

Comment

Hardly any membership or tour income goes to support the National HQ building and course construction (separate from payroll). Most of that development was from corporate and private donations plus the million$$ or so contributed by the taxpayers in the county to build the facility for us. In fact, the onsite Pro Shop is doing so well, its profits may be coming close to or exceeding the monthly operating costs for the HQ including rent.

Comment

No Grandmasters?

Originally posted by The Ombudsman View Post
                        How does the elimination of the Grandmaster division at some NT events fit into the scheme of this?
                        You say some?
                        I'm curious as to which ones and even more curious as to why?
                        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                        - Anonymous

Comment

Actually I do own my own business and having a cash surplus is totally a pipe dream.
                          A pipe dream?...so what you are saying is all the businesses who budget properly so they can afford a few setbacks without closing their doors is living in a pipe dream? Sounds like someone has figured out how to use drugs responsibly.

And on a separate note, where does your hatred for the Magazine come from?

Comment

...what happens to the others .
                            Who gives a fuck?! Sayid say kill them!
                            Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X