Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct

Comment

I like the rule.

I don't mean to always compare disc golf to ball golf, but a "wedgie" in ball golf would be like the ball right on the edge of the hole. It's not in yet, even though some if it is in the hole area. That was a really bad description, but hopefully you get the idea.
      Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Originally posted by runnaman View Post
        I like the rule.

I don't mean to always compare disc golf to ball golf, but a "wedgie" in ball golf would be like the ball right on the edge of the hole. It's not in yet, even though some if it is in the hole area. That was a really bad description, but hopefully you get the idea.

I would think of more like the "Rub of the Green" cliche`It's more like hitting the flag itself (or the stick for that matter) and then did it go in or not situation.
        rewindb.com

Comment

I always had a hard time understanding why a DROT didn't count as in, but a wedgie did. This rule makes more sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
            That's funny, I've never seen a putt stick in the side of the cage. I've seen a few aces stick in the side of the cage and have heard of several more.
            I used to putt with soft magnets in the summer time. Seemed like one out of ten putts into the side of the cage would stick.
            Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
              I used to putt with soft magnets in the summer time. Seemed like one out of ten putts into the side of the cage would stick.
              Aim higher.

Comment

Well, I think I like the consistency this rule brings. I consider both DROTs and wedgies to be "bad" putts.

My concern is for shots that enter above the top of the tray and then wedge in the side. They can be supported in the same fashion as a wedgie entering below the top of the tray. (I've always called these inner and outer wedgies .) It may be that most inner wedgies have a majority of the disc on the inside and that most outer wedgies have a majority of the disc on the outside, but in both cases, the disc is supported by the same surface of the tray: the part of the tray bars that make up neither the inside "wall" nor outside "wall" of the tray.

As written now, I'm not sure the rules give any room for an inside wedgie to count as "in", even if witnessed. And, if the rules can be interpereted such that inner wedgies count. Than also outer wedgies should count as "in" for blind shots where there were no witness as to how the disc became wedged.

Any thoughts on this....

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny B View Post
                  Well, I think I like the consistency this rule brings. I consider both DROTs and wedgies to be "bad" putts.

My concern is for shots that enter above the top of the tray and then wedge in the side. They can be supported in the same fashion as a wedgie entering below the top of the tray. (I've always called these inner and outer wedgies .) It may be that most inner wedgies have a majority of the disc on the inside and that most outer wedgies have a majority of the disc on the outside, but in both cases, the disc is supported by the same surface of the tray: the part of the tray bars that make up neither the inside "wall" nor outside "wall" of the tray.

As written now, I'm not sure the rules give any room for an inside wedgie to count as "in", even if witnessed. And, if the rules can be interpereted such that inner wedgies count. Than also outer wedgies should count as "in" for blind shots where there were no witness as to how the disc became wedged.

Any thoughts on this....
                  that is a good question... my wife got an inner-wedgie once with a stiff DX cobra would this still count (if it happened again) under the new rule as it was clearly inside the basket and met all the other requirements?
                  Throw What You Know.
                  "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                  PDGA# 45989

Comment

Inner wedgies will still count whether witnessed or not. The ruling I'm not sure is "right" is a disc hanging on the nub but outside the basket will not be good even if it was observed to get there from maybe bouncing back from hitting the pole. It brings into question whether the rare putt balancing level on the basket rim is good or not since a disc hanging from the nub but inside the basket will be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
                      that is a good question... my wife got an inner-wedgie once with a stiff DX cobra
                      HEY NOW!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                        HEY NOW!!!!!
                        too much???
                        Throw What You Know.
                        "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                        PDGA# 45989

Comment

Originally posted by runnaman View Post
                          I like the rule.

Thanks, Chase. This thread is cracking me up.
                          Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
                            Inner wedgies will still count whether witnessed or not. The ruling I'm not sure is "right" is a disc hanging on the nub but outside the basket will not be good even if it was observed to get there from maybe bouncing back from hitting the pole. It brings into question whether the rare putt balancing level on the basket rim is good or not since a disc hanging from the nub but inside the basket will be good.
                            Interesting. I have one time had my disc hit the chains, flip over, and then land top-down balanced on the top of the tray. As the rules are written now, that would not count since it is not supported by the bottom or inside wall?

Comment

I don't know for sure since in theory, the disc is half in and half out and "nubbed in" is IN and "nubbed out" is NOT IN with the new rules. I sent a note to the RC about this.
                              Last edited by Chuck Kennedy; December 8th, 2010, 02:20 PM.

Comment

This is definitely a good rule. Wedgies, while cool to have happen if it's your putter, are just missed putts that got lucky. This is more consistent with what a good putt should be.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X