Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask Chuck

Father Nature,
    Do you think the PDGA will ever allow non current members to view their past tournament stats and rating?
    Specifically their past results.
    I do realize that you and I have discussed this before, and I was just curious if it ever comes up for discussion at all.
    I understand it being a huge benefit as a current member.
    I think a PDGA member, current or not, should be able to view their past results.
    You and I know that there are a lot of folks with low #'s that will never join again for a lot of different reasons.
    I enjoy looking at past gig results from years back and I bet some of these older gents and ladies may too.
    Heck, it may even be an incentive for some old fart to renew.
    just wunderin'
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
    Father Nature,
    Do you think the PDGA will ever allow non current members to view their past tournament stats and rating?
    I do realize that you and I have discussed this before, and I was just curious if it ever comes up for discussion at all.
    I think a PDGA member, current or not, should be able to view their past results.
    You and I know that there are a lot of folks with low #'s that will never join again for a lot of different reasons.
    I enjoy looking at past gig results from years back and I bet some of these older gents and ladies may too.
    just wunderin'
    I fail to see the incentive to renew if the PDGA started giving away the information you seek to non-current members.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
      Father Nature,
      just wunderin'
      The results are still there. You just need to remember the tournament date/name and look it up that way. You just can't use the player search function for you specifically. Personally, I think the rating system is one of the the PDGAs benefits.
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

And even if they're not calculated, you can usually figure out what your rating for a certain tourney is by going off everyone else. If you want to know your true current PDGA rating you could do the math, but if it's that important you should probably just join.

Comment

The only thing regarding history for lapsed members that's been discussed is for those who have really lapsed, as in deceased. There have been requests for people like Steady Ed's stats to remain online. I believe the PDGA feels that's a reasonable request that members who passed while current would have their stats remain online if the player or family indicated they wanted that. Once further website enhancements get completed, it may be considered.

Comment

Chuck,

Can TDs check the history of nonmembers/not current players to ensure they are playing in the right division?
            I heard this rumor in the past, but I have never heard of this happening.

Comment

Old IFA

Chuck this came before the PDGA , late 70's early 80's, the IFA International Frisbee Association, i believe.
              I joined that association from a registration paper on the back of a frisbee wrapper back in the day.
              Q, do you know who or where these membership #'s maybe? Thank you , TomW pdga #24073

Comment

Can TDs check the history of nonmembers/not current players to ensure they are playing in the right division? I heard this rumor in the past, but I have never heard of this happening.
                I believe that TDs now get non-current member ratings when they get the member list from the PDGA for players in their region just before events. If not, it's coming soon.

Comment

Chuck this came before the PDGA , late 70's early 80's, the IFA International Frisbee Association, i believe. I joined that association from a registration paper on the back of a frisbee wrapper back in the day. Q, do you know who or where these membership #'s maybe? Thank you , TomW pdga #24073
                  I would contact Stork. He may know where those are located. They might be at the Frisbee history archive in Missouri where many of the old docs from Wham-O and the early events (pre-1980) have ended up. cyberstork at earthlink.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X